[Q] Cannot update, root or flash recovery

Search This thread

MyCanSeeYou

Feb 3, 2012
Coventry
After trawling the internet for about 4 hours, downloading various things and reading many guides, I decided to give up and create this thread.

I have a HTC Wildfire S with the following in bootloader

MARVEL PVT SHIP S-OFF RL
HBOOT-0.90.0000
MICROP-0451
RADIO-7.54.39.08M
Apr 8 2011,17:45:10

Android version: 2.3.5
HTC Sense version: 2.1
Software number: 2.14.771.4

1. OTA always seemed to fail with an icon of a phone with a red triangle (I assume that means missing recovery).
2. RUU always seemed to turn up with Error 191.
3. Created a goldcard, and tried RUU again, still Error 191.
4. Placed rom_01.zip in root of SD card and renamed to PG76IMG, booted into HBOOT where nothing happened.
5. Repeated with rom_02, and same result.
6. Attempted flashing recovery, and then a full RUU zip through fastboot, which neither worked. The errors I received were "FAILED (remote: not allowed)" & "FAILED (remote: 42 custom id check fail)" respectively.
7. Extracted the boot.img & system.img, and attempted to flash via fastboot, and received the "FAILED (remote: not allowed)" error.
8. Downloaded an AIO toolkit, and attempted flashing recovery, and the zip file and received the same errors. Also attempted perm root from there, which still had no results.
9. Somehow factory reset it, and repeated all of the above, still with no results.

I would appreciate any help,

Thank you.

aWFSuser

Dec 31, 2013
Howrah
After trawling the internet for about 4 hours, downloading various things and reading many guides, I decided to give up and create this thread.

MARVEL PVT SHIP S-OFF RL
HBOOT-0.90.0000
MICROP-0451
RADIO-7.54.39.08M

1. OTA always seemed to fail with an icon of a phone with a red triangle (I assume that means missing recovery).
4. Placed rom_01.zip in root of SD card and renamed to PG76IMG, booted into HBOOT where nothing happened.
6. Attempted flashing recovery, and then a full RUU zip through fastboot, which neither worked. The errors I received were "FAILED (remote: not allowed)" & "FAILED (remote: 42 custom id check fail)" respectively.
7. Extracted the boot.img & system.img, and attempted to flash via fastboot, and received the "FAILED (remote: not allowed)" error.
8. Downloaded an AIO toolkit, and attempted flashing recovery, and the zip file and received the same errors. Also attempted perm root from there, which still had no results.
9. Somehow factory reset it, and repeated all of the above, still with no results.

Thank you.

Have you unlocked the bootloader?

Reactions: MyCanSeeYou

heavy_metal_man

Nov 6, 2011
Sorry for the late reply, only managed to try it yesterday.
No luck again :/. Used a few different laptops and cables.

Try the following commands, with your device in fastboot mode and your rom1.zip and rom2.zip in you adb folder. Also ensure that your command prompt is ran from that folder by using shift+ right click then open command window here.

[Code/] fastboot oem rebootRUU

Fastboot flash zip rom1.zip
Code:
The command window might now ask to flush or reflush the command. So

[Code/] fastboot flash zip rom1.zip
[Code]

Wait for this to complete then run 
[Code/] fastboot flash zip rom2.zip

(Same reflush stuff may come again, if so reissue command again)
Fastboot flash zip rom2.zip

Fastboot reboot
[Code] 

All should now be well.

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk

Reactions: MyCanSeeYou

heavy_metal_man

Nov 6, 2011
Thanks you SO much! It updated my hboot, but when I tried the HTCDev method, it failed upon flashing the unlock_code.bin. Instead I used the HTC unlocker tool thing, it worked like a charm! Installed a custom recovery via fastboot and now trying out all the ROMs!

Sent from my XT1032 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

No problem pal :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

MARVEL PVT SHIP S-OFF RL
    HBOOT-0.90.0000
    MICROP-0451
    RADIO-7.54.39.08M

Thank you.

Have you unlocked the bootloader?
    Using HTCDev? As updating the HBOOT seems to fail. I have to skip the first couple of steps. When trying to get the oem token, it still doesn't work.

First of all you need to unlock your bootloader. If htc official site is not working for you, then you try below methods.

Try THIS or This one

Good luck! ;)
    neither were successful.
    They both receive an error when collecting the token.

Then, I think you need to check your USB "cable/pc-port" and htc driver on your PC. If possible then try with fresh PC/install.
    Sorry for the late reply, only managed to try it yesterday.
    No luck again :/. Used a few different laptops and cables.

Try the following commands, with your device in fastboot mode and your rom1.zip and rom2.zip in you adb folder. Also ensure that your command prompt is ran from that folder by using shift+ right click then open command window here.

[Code/] fastboot oem rebootRUU

Fastboot flash zip rom1.zip
    Code:
    The command window might now ask to flush or reflush the command. So

[Code/] fastboot flash zip rom1.zip
    [Code]

Wait for this to complete then run 
    [Code/] fastboot flash zip rom2.zip

(Same reflush stuff may come again, if so reissue command again)
    Fastboot flash zip rom2.zip

Fastboot reboot
    [Code] 

All should now be well.