Looking for new rom

Search This thread

crestofawave

Dec 17, 2011
Heraklion
Samsung Galaxy Tab A series
I guess that the MIUI ROMS support that...considering they are made by devs who are originated in china and all.

You can find the version for our phone in their site here

Hope it helps.

Edit: I don't know if it supports korean. Also MIUI is fairly heavy on the phone. If I find myself some time and no-one has already replied, I might be able to look it up.

Last edited:

wolfy

Apr 1, 2005
I'm not aware of Leedroid for Desire Z. However, if you do not require a chinese UI, only the ability to read and write Chinese, then any ROM will have this ability.

For input you may need to supplement it with the likes of multilang keyboard for chinese input, if you choose to go with a non-sense RoM. Many sense ROMs will have the HTC chinese input method intact.

If you are a Mandarin speaker I'd suggest Google PinYin method anyways since its one of the best, and supports both tradition and simplified chinese.

Sent from my HTC Vision using Tapatalk

Last edited:

knightslay2

Jan 8, 2012
Sydney, Australia
Just regarding about overclocking the processor, would some of the time include the application to do this? I don't really need the Chinese input. I would maybe go and try out a few different roms as I have just downgraded to 2.2 and rooted the phone.

Sent from my HTC Vision using XDA App

spjuggalojoe

You might try Andromadus if you're looking for bleeding edge. So far, its the smoothest and most capable ice cream sandwich build available. You can find it under the desire z/g2 rom development section, and I'll edit this post to include a link later. Or if you prefer a more stable, established rom try CyanogenMod 7.1 from CyanogenMod.com. both will support Chinese among other default languages, and are both far more capable than the stock sense rom and both include OC as well. Hope this helps..

Sent from XDA app on my ICS powered G2 ( Andromadus a12)

Last edited:

knightslay2

Jan 8, 2012
Sydney, Australia
Hi all,
I'm back and would like your input on good roms. I have been using Virtuous Quattro RC3 for sometime but I just don't like how the graphical glitches make me have to reboot my phone several times a day. I would like to use an ics rom.

Sent from my HTC Desire Z using xda premium

magic_android

Jan 10, 2012
Melbourne
Hi all,
I'm back and would like your input on good roms. I have been using Virtuous Quattro RC3 for sometime but I just don't like how the graphical glitches make me have to reboot my phone several times a day. I would like to use an ics rom.

I would HIGHLY recommend Ice Cold Sandwich, the homescreen is actually smooth and seems to be running at 60 FPS. It also has HEAPS of tweaks because it's based on AOKP. Give it a shot if you really want ICS.

hxm3619555

Apr 3, 2012
Well, if u know chinese, u can go to the bbs.gfan.com to have to look at their rom. Although most of them are originally from xda, they may give u some different experience. U should check it out

noneabove

May 1, 2011
Hi all,

Unless youre sold on the UI of ICS id give one of the Sense 4 roms a spin (taz's for example) theyre actually stupidly stable and smooth!

Sent from my HTC Desire Z using XDA

knightslay2

Jan 8, 2012
Sydney, Australia
I had enough of HTC Sense. I will not go back to it. It slow and buggy. I tried sense 4. Still slow. Not as fast stock android.

Sent from my HTC Vision using xda premium

slezzaj

Mar 20, 2012
Steenbergen
cuiado.blogspot.com
I think Sense 4.0 is a disappointment. Tried it on my Desire Z and it's not what I expected. The stock Android is much faster and better.

The MIUI ROM's absolutely don't work for me... Found them very laggy, but it does have some great functionalities.

I just use JIBwich, a stock Android ROM as it is on the Galaxy Nexus.

noneabove

May 1, 2011
I had enough of HTC Sense. I will not go back to it. It slow and buggy. I tried sense 4. Still slow. Not as fast stock android.

Really?? I've had sense 4 on my phone for a few weeks now and its the smoothest my phone has ever been. Including over stock gingerbread or stock ics!

Sent from my HTC Desire Z using XDA

rezapatel

Nov 9, 2007
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
OnePlus 8T

I would very strongly recomend the ILWT CM7 build (available under the development section). You will never want to move away. Atleast that has been the case with me, after trying sense and miui, I found home with this one.

Its fast, issue free, pretty optimized (although got further optimization you can use v6, akmo or rmp) and is pretty frequently updated (generally on every major CM build).

Been using it for almost a few months and can't even think of moving, not to any ICS either (personally, don't like the virtual keys always on screen on the ICS).

Hope it helps - cheers!

Sent from my HTC Vision using Tapatalk 2

Zendarino

Oct 31, 2011
You can try Andromadus Audacity! Very fast and stable for a beta! You can find this rom on android development thread of this section

Inviato dal mio HTC Desire Z by Zendarino

knightslay2

Jan 8, 2012
Sydney, Australia
I would very strongly recomend the ILWT CM7 build (available under the development section). You will never want to move away. Atleast that has been the case with me, after trying sense and miui, I found home with this one.

Its fast, issue free, pretty optimized (although got further optimization you can use v6, akmo or rmp) and is pretty frequently updated (generally on every major CM build).

Been using it for almost a few months and can't even think of moving, not to any ICS either (personally, don't like the virtual keys always on screen on the ICS).

Hope it helps - cheers!

Sent from my HTC Vision using Tapatalk 2

I flashed to that rom. I really miss how the the suggestions for the keyboard in ics. Im glad to back on a fully functional on-screen keyboard that doesn't lag. I was using the unofficial cyanogen mod 9. It had issues here and there. I kind of miss ics for its looks.