[Q] Want to learn Android Development

Search This thread

AyJ

Jun 27, 2014
Hi All,

I have 4 yrs of experience in IT (Telecom/Networks/Desktop support etc.).

After changing many domains, I have finally figured out that I want learn something in which I can put my ideas and create things according to my vision so I have decided to learn programming and decided to go for Android development.

I have researched and found that I will have to learn somethings in Java before I go to Android so I found a course from CBT nuggets for Java. (cbtnuggets . com/it-training-videos/course/java-programming-for-developers).

Could some one tell me that what topics should I choose to learn for going on a path to learn Android development?

The reason why I asked this question is because I read somewhere that I don't have to learn complete Java (it was like "Don't bother learning things like servlets, Swing etc") but core language so I am not sure what topics should I pick and what I should drop. I literally cannot read books to learn anything so chose to learn in thru video tutorials.

Please help me.

Thanks
AyJ

bassie1995

Jan 9, 2011
Delft
I would start with figuring out the recent changes (Android L hype!), and how to work with the core UI at dev.android.com.

After that, more advanced tutorials can be found all over the web, including XDA.