Navigation on Chromecast?

Search This thread

Tea-Aholic

Jun 7, 2013
Hi there!

I have a Chromecast that works very well with YouTube and other supported apps, but I want to know how I can use navigation on Chromecast?

I have my Chromecast connected to the head unit of my car and I want to use Google Maps or Sygic with the Chromecast. Does anyone know how to do it without the mirroring feature? I don't even have a Nexus so it will either take a long time or Google will never release a Google Play update for my phone to support mirroring to the Chromecast.

Cuzz1369

Jan 25, 2013
Kitchener
99.9% of people have a Chromecast hooked up to their TV. I doubt anyone would bother making an app like that. Most people probably don't navigate anywhere from their living room.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

k9cop

Dec 6, 2011
Or just mount a tablet on your dash. BAM everything you were trying to get with the CC.

bkmaracas

Jul 10, 2012
Cardiff
To actually answer the q: try ezcast app as that can throw browser onto chromecast, then use maps or some browser based nav if one exists. Can't think of anything else, as its a non expected use case!

Sent from my Nexus 7

Tea-Aholic

Jun 7, 2013
To actually answer the q: try ezcast app as that can throw browser onto chromecast, then use maps or some browser based nav if one exists. Can't think of anything else, as its a non expected use case!

Sent from my Nexus 7

I installed the latest Google Play services app, and I was wondering how I can get the cast button on my Z2?