two questions: using phone underwater with case one+reputable screen protector brands

Search This thread

vanillacoke1

Aug 19, 2012
Would it matter to submerge the phone with the case on? Or should it be taken off? And like the title says what are some suggested or reputable screen protector brands. At the moment I want to cover the back of the phone and when warranty runs up I'll replace the front ASF.

Thanks in advance

crótach

Sep 20, 2012
Xiaomi 12S Ultra
Would it matter to submerge the phone with the case on? Or should it be taken off? And like the title says what are some suggested or reputable screen protector brands. At the moment I want to cover the back of the phone and when warranty runs up I'll replace the front ASF.

Thanks in advance

I've found Nillkin really good for the screen protectors. Had one on my Z2 and it was perfect. Now I have one on order for Z1c (hasn't arrived yet).

raichur0xx0rz

Oct 27, 2009
Rockford, IL

Thanks in advance

I can't speak to screen protector quality, but I would say, in regards to using a case underwater, that it may be best not to. The main reason being that the case may retain some water afterwards. In that case, you would probably want to remove the phone from the case and then allow both to dry. Of course, in many cases you may want a case on the phone for protection from more than just water (sand, rocks, etc) so it depends on how if it's too bothersome to dry off the case and the phone afterward.

I guess I might as well add my screen protector input while I'm here: I got the Invisible Defender by Rearth. I have bought accessories from them before, and this was a 3-pack with an additional clear film for the back. I question the durability, however, as the back film has quite a few scratches after only a few days. I usually go with Spigen's stuff, but they don't have any made for the Z1c. But $8 for a 3 pack of protectors isn't horrible.