Dec 5, 2008
Seattle
Thanks to steal25. Just change your build.prop to the following:

ro.da1.enable=true

change to

ro.da1.enable=false

then add just below that this line

ro.da1.method=false

Must be rooted/temp rooted. You do not need to be unlocked.

I used the program below to change the value only, didn't have to add a line, and it works for me. I also removed htclinkifydispatcher.apk and then rebooted (not just restart). Some users report a second ro.da1.enable that needs to be modified as well. Try looking at lines 20 and/or 302.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=de.bwulfert.buildpropedit

I'm noob so please be patient.

With the apple patent our phones are not functioning the way we want them to due to HTCs inclusion of htclinkifydispatcher on our phones. I pulled it and decompiled it in case any devs know or want to go in and fix so we can get on with our (tech) lives.

I used the tools from here to decompile the ICS apk.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1558171

I just started programming so please be nice.

Attachments

• htclinkifydispatcher.zip
    74.5 KB · Views: 516
Last edited:

Rydah

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 4, 2008
Southern California
ill take a look

---------- Post added at 11:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:57 AM ----------

Wonder If We For Example, Change This:
Code:
method public static getMailPreferredActivity(Landroid/content/Context;)Ljava/lang/String;
    .locals 1

const/4 v0, 0x[COLOR="Red"]2[/COLOR]

invoke-static {p0, v0}, Lcom/htc/HtcLinkifyDispatcher/HtcAppAssociationsUtils;->getPreferredActivity(Landroid/content/Context;I)Ljava/lang/String;

move-result-object v0

return-object v0
.end method

To:
Code:
method public static getMailPreferredActivity(Landroid/content/Context;)Ljava/lang/String;
    .locals 1

const/4 v0, 0x[COLOR="Red"]0[/COLOR]

invoke-static {p0, v0}, Lcom/htc/HtcLinkifyDispatcher/HtcAppAssociationsUtils;->getPreferredActivity(Landroid/content/Context;I)Ljava/lang/String;

move-result-object v0

return-object v0
.end method

If We Would Be Able To Disable The "Dispatcher" From Certain Apps Such As Email...

Anybody Up To Test This? I Can Post It Compiled... :eek:

Edit: Attached A Version W/ The Above Edits. Can Somebody Confirm Whether Email Link's Work Or Not Or Click A Link To A Video And Tell Me What Come's Of It???

Attachments

• HtcLinkifyDispatcher.apk
    35.1 KB · Views: 145
Last edited:

iconeo

Dec 5, 2008
Seattle
ill take a look

---------- Post added at 11:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:57 AM ----------

Code:
    .locals 1

move-result-object v0

return-object v0
.end method

To:
Code:
    .locals 1

move-result-object v0

return-object v0
.end method

If We Would Be Able To Disable The "Dispatcher" From Certain Apps Such As Email...

Edit: Attached A Version W/ The Above Edits. Can Somebody Confirm Whether Email Link's Work Or Not Or Click A Link To A Video And Tell Me What Come's Of It???

I'll test tonight. Thanks.

Sent from my EVO using xda premium

mike.r.olson

Jun 17, 2010
Canton, GA
I just used TiBu to back up the apk then uninstalled and rebooted my phone. The "how do you want to do this" selection screen is functioning now. I tried it on my EVO 3D and now my EL TEEEEEVO with no ill effects. Just my 2 cents.

iconeo

Dec 5, 2008
Seattle
I just used TiBu to back up the apk then uninstalled and rebooted my phone. The "how do you want to do this" selection screen is functioning now. I tried it on my EVO 3D and now my EL TEEEEEVO with no ill effects. Just my 2 cents.

Some of the apps will no longer work correctly now with that method. Like links in text messasges or google talk.

Reactions: Rydah

filmaker

Jan 21, 2011
I know completely removing the app altogether will allow the option for YouTube links to pop up, I did it here.
uploadfromtaptalk1338926584659.jpg

The only thing like someone else said, phone numbers in email and text don't open up the dialer.

Sent from my EVO using XDA

Reactions: ssojyeti2

crawform

Mar 26, 2010
Boston, MA
No one has tried this yet?

I just tried it. I had previously moved the original .apk to my ext sdcard, and links in stock messaging did nothing w/out it and tapping links in google voice caused FC.

After putting the new .apk in the system/apps folder and rebooting, tapping links in stock messaging continues to do nothing and tapping links in google voice continue to FC google voice.

smw6180

Oct 31, 2007
Bear, DE
I just tried it. I had previously moved the original .apk to my ext sdcard, and links in stock messaging did nothing w/out it and tapping links in google voice caused FC.

After putting the new .apk in the system/apps folder and rebooting, tapping links in stock messaging continues to do nothing and tapping links in google voice continue to FC google voice.

Try either putting in the permissions with a file explorer (rw r r) or doing a fix permissions from recovery.

scottspa74

Apr 3, 2009
everett
Google Pixel 6
Thanks to testers and developers of this. Apple really crippled us. Sorry I haven't done any testing yet. Still on stock rooted ROM, and haven't been on an odexed ROM in years, makes me feel a bit confused looking at the file system. Sorry.

PhxkinMassacre

Dec 4, 2010
Lemont
I'm confused. I didn't really understand the patent thing so tell me if what I think happened is correct. Apple got pissed because the phone recognised links or phone numbers in text that would let you click it to open it in an app? So like seeing an address on the internet and it opening in maps?

Because even my p.o.s. cheepo phone that barely had internet was able to recognize numbers in text and open them in a dialer. So if that's the reason then that's retarded. Someone correct me if I'm wrong which I very well may be haha

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

benny3

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Dec 2, 2011
Rosommon, MICH
i just tried it and im getting HtcLinkifyDispatcher has stoped in Gtalk , phone # in sms and web link from Gtalk as to where before Gtalk would FC and the phone # would do nothing

iconeo

Dec 5, 2008
Seattle
I'm confused. I didn't really understand the patent thing so tell me if what I think happened is correct. Apple got pissed because the phone recognised links or phone numbers in text that would let you click it to open it in an app? So like seeing an address on the internet and it opening in maps?

Because even my p.o.s. cheepo phone that barely had internet was able to recognize numbers in text and open them in a dialer. So if that's the reason then that's retarded. Someone correct me if I'm wrong which I very well may be haha

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

Let's leave the ranting for another thread please, but in essence you are correct

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    i dont have a 4g lte yet but what ive done with the 3d is in

build.prop you will have this line
    ro.da1.enable=true

change to

ro.da1.enable=false

ro.da1.method=false
    I tried everything in smali and it would make one thing work and not another, this way allows all app associations and linkable to phone phone numbers. no smali edits allowed both.
    what this will do is make app associations act like they did in gb and remove the app associations in settings. no mods to the apk itself were needed and you need to leave htclinkifydispatcher in the rom.
    this only worked for me from a fresh boot, just adding it caused htc_linkify and facebook to FC. this worked for me in my Rom on the 3d hopefully it works for you guys here aswell.
    Thanks to steal25. Just change your build.prop to the following:

ro.da1.enable=true

change to

ro.da1.enable=false

ro.da1.method=false

Must be rooted/temp rooted. You do not need to be unlocked.

I used the program below to change the value only, didn't have to add a line, and it works for me. I also removed htclinkifydispatcher.apk and then rebooted (not just restart). Some users report a second ro.da1.enable that needs to be modified as well. Try looking at lines 20 and/or 302.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=de.bwulfert.buildpropedit

I'm noob so please be patient.

With the apple patent our phones are not functioning the way we want them to due to HTCs inclusion of htclinkifydispatcher on our phones. I pulled it and decompiled it in case any devs know or want to go in and fix so we can get on with our (tech) lives.

I used the tools from here to decompile the ICS apk.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1558171

I just started programming so please be nice.
    When I first edited mine, I didn't see the one on line 20, only the one on line 302.

So, line 20 was set to true, while line 302 was set to false, and line 303 was the additional *method=false line. Upon reboot, there was no change.

I pulled the file off the phone and looked closely at it using a pc based text editor. Immediately found the first one (line 20). Now, I *THINK* the OS processes the first parameter and ignores future repeats of the same. So it saw line 20 as set to true, then ignored line 302.

In the end, I just deleted line 20 and left the other modifications (line 302/303, now 301/302), in place.
    How did you figure out what the purpose of this key was?

Is there a listing of what the various parameters in build.prop are for?

they are listed in the HtcAppAssociationsUtils.smali

.method private static isEnabledBySIE()Z
    .locals 6

const/4 v0, 0x1

:try_start_0
    const-string v3, "ro.da1.enable"

const/4 v4, 0x0

and

.method private static getEnableMethod()I
    .locals 6

const/4 v2, 0x1

:try_start_0
    const-string v3, "ro.da1.method"

const/4 v4, 0x0

disabling them there didnt work properly for me, so i tried it in build and it worked perfectly.

Appears to work the same as removing the APK. Youtube links work, but breaks clicking on phone numbers.

--Edit

A reboot and it looks to work. I can click on phone numbers, and youtube URL's ask what to open in. Great job.

so this is working for you guys just adding the entries? for me i had to add to my rom and flash, I was getting fcs just adding and rebooting, might be different being its a different phone

---------- Post added at 07:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:38 PM ----------

what do you mean by fresh boot?

Sorry meant to say from a fresh flash, but it seems its working just by adding for some.
    ill take a look

Code:
        .locals 1

move-result-object v0

return-object v0
    .end method

To:
    Code:
        .locals 1

move-result-object v0

return-object v0
    .end method