Small update E980

Search This thread

andygold

Aug 20, 2007
Northern NY
Google Pixel 7 Pro
Were you rooted prior to this? If so, could you root again, after the OTA update? I've heard people say they were unable to root again after downloading & installing this latest OTA update.

Dennis

Yes, I was rooted. I had not deleted or frozen anything, but ended up in the CWM bootloop after the overnight update. Flashed the "G" TOT, did the OTA update, and now the phone tells me kernel 3.4.0 (maybe this has nothing to do with anything, but I don't know), and the build number is E98010p. Does this E98010p signify that the latest update has been performed, or do I need to look elsewhere to see some difference?

Was the K TOT, the update from a few months ago, or am I mixing apples with oranges in regards to updates and TOTs?
When I allowed the latest update on top of the G TOT, did it incorporate whatever was in the K TOT?

Reactions: kike990

garcijua

Jan 9, 2014
Chicago
can someone post the att contact.apk i erase mine by mistake please and the odex file of it to thanks

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/adspellwy08fr3v/4t7uIJ0B_S

Let me know if the link works....

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 05:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:33 AM ----------

can someone post the att contact.apk i erase mine by mistake please and the odex file of it to thanks

Are those the ones you need? Those are the only contacts ones I found in the apps folder. If you can't download them let me know how to make it downloadable. I haven't done this before so idk how...

Reactions: carlospr21

carlospr21

Oct 9, 2007
P.R. Levittown
Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Fixing CWM Recovery loop...

O.K., I tried installing this update, and it booted into my CWM recovery, and now every single time I try rebooting the system, it goes right back into CWM. I've tried powering it off (instead of simply rebooting), and I even pulled the battery, but no luck. It still boots right back into CWM.

Anyone have any ideas? I'd prefer not to have to do a factory reset, as I have some text messages from a woman I just started dating I really don't want to lose (I know; I should've done a backup, at least of my text messages, before attempting to install this update - my bad)!

Dennis

Just using the above post as an example ....

YOU DONT HAVE TO GO BACK TO STOCK OR ANYTHING....!!!!
    The fix is very simple for the CWM recovery loop. I though I was a goner but some googling brought the answer quickly. Dont be put off by the steps: It is very quick.

After fixing the phone, to check if this was a fluke, I reinstalled the software update and fixed it a second time. ;););) So it works.........

1.a. If you are stuck on CWM OR TWRP boot loop DO NOT DO ANYTHING YET to the phone or anything. All you need to do is delete the "fota" file.
    1.b. YOU MUST HAVE ADB INSTALLED AND WORKING.
    1.c. Open cmd prompt as admin and run "adb devices". If you get
    "List of devices attached
    XXXXXXXX recovery" GO TO STEP 7.

If you HAVE adb installed and get no device output....continue from 2.
    Otherwise, INSTALL ADB.

2. With the phone in CWM plug it into the computer.

3. Your computer MAY not see the phone. i.e you will get the ping noise for USB cnnection, but if you look under
    COntrolPanel>>>>DeviceManager you will see a yellow exclamation mark. The next part I figured by trial and error.

If your phone is seen properly go to step 5.

4. If 3: although I installed the drivers again, if you had the phone working on adb before try this step:

4.b. Press and hold the Volume DOWN (volume decrease) button and hold the power button.
    NOTE: I am not 1000% whether volume up or down did it. Try each one.
    HOLD until the phone goes off and reboots. After the LG logo release the power. You will see black and white text as the phone tries to go into factory reset. It will ask if you want to factory reset...... SAY NO by pressing volume down button. During reboot my computer saw my phone and installed the driver. Phone was still on CWM recovery now.

4.c. If 4.b. did not work reinstall following drivers (attached rar): I do not know which worked, if any :silly: :laugh:
    LGUnitedMobileDriver_S50MAN310AP22_ML_WHQL_Ver_3.10.1
    minimal_adb_fastboot_v1.1.3_setup
    UniversalAdbDriverSetup
    LGPCSuite_Setup
    http://www.mediafire.com/download/1jqdi5jqaan27at/LG DRIVERS and STUFF.rar

5. These steps I got from this forum post here: I DO NOT CLAIM ANY CREDIT http://forums.androidcentral.com/t-lg-g2/343661-help-please-lg-g2-stuck-cwm-boot-loop-2.html

6. Open cmd promt as administrator.
    7. Run "adb devices"
    You will get
    "List of devices attached
    XXXXXXXX recovery" Now yuor good to proceed

Enter: one by one

adb shell
    dd if=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/fota of=/sdcard/fota-backup.img
    dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/fota

""it will say xxxx info in and out or soemthing"" each time.

Type "exit" to leave adb shell.

Then "adb reboot". This will reboot your phone and all is great !!
    For those that want the update indicator to go away... Just freeze the system app 'software updater' with TIBU or your weapon of choice. That's what worked for me.

My bad... It was 4.1.2... Not sure why I thought it was 4.2...

Sent from my Optimus G Pro using xda app-developers app

"Come on man" :eek:
    Here is how...

This how i was able to have the new update plus root and cwm recovery. i applied the update and had the same issues that others had with boot looping into recovery. Called it no joy and had to use lg flash tools to go back to original stock. this did not work as well as the the software updater informed me that there was no new update. Used flashtools again but this time went back to stock using e98010k .tot file. now after being back to stock here is what i did.

1. Booted phone but did not sign in to any accounts or anything.
    2. Rooted phone using universal root.
    3. Booted phone and again did not sign in to any accounts. I also did NOT freeze any AT&T apps.
    4. Connected to my wifi and checked for software update which was there and proceeded to download and install.
    5. After download, the phone rebooted and installed the new update.
    6. After the the update was completed and phone booted my version is now e98010p and i still had super su installed.
    7. I then signed in to my google account and installed TIBU and freegee. both asked for root and was granted with no problems.
    8. I then Used freegee to install CWM and rebooted phone with no issues.
    9. I then used TIBU to reboot into recovery and that was perfect.
    10. I then rebooted the system from recovery with no issues.

so i now have the latest update with root plus CWM recovery and now i am using TIBU to reinstall all my apps and an app called backup to gmail to restore my text messages.
    This is what worked for me. Hope this helps. :)
    It won't install if it detects root. At least not for me.

Sent from my LG-E980 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app