[Q] Can i remove NO SIM icon from status bar without root?

Search This thread

Sudhir22yadav

Feb 27, 2014
Gurgaon
Hey guys, i want to remove that NO SIM icon from status bar of my MOTO G XT1033 dual sim!!
as i use only one sim, if there is any solution to remove it without rooting, that'll be appreciated!!

screenshot attached!!

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-03-24-19-30-27.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-03-24-19-30-27.jpg
    148.6 KB · Views: 324

wickEwoo

Mar 24, 2014
boost CDMA asking for sim card

Hello. First time posting in a forum. Many thanks to all who have guided me..

I had to give a friend my boostmobile moto g because I was so lost trying to get it back to working order. When he gave it back it worked in all ways except it now asks for a sim card. Its CDMA and never had a sim nor is there a spot for one. Does anyone know what went wrong and how to fix it. Its the 8gb and now has the cyanogenmod on it. I have no service on it now :(

Hello. First time posting in a forum. Many thanks to all who have guided me..

I had to give a friend my boostmobile moto g because I was so lost trying to get it back to working order. When he gave it back it worked in all ways except it now asks for a sim card. Its CDMA and never had a sim nor is there a spot for one. Does anyone know what went wrong and how to fix it. Its the 8gb and now has the cyanogenmod on it. I have no service on it now :(

Hi! You need to start a new thread :)

rogeriorp

Dec 11, 2013
I don't think that's a good idea

I did it on mine about two months ago and it's perfect. Give me one good reason why I shouldn't have done it.

@OP

No, there is no other method. Either by rooting or unlocking the bootloader, will break your warranty. Live with the second sim icon or do it already.

rogeriorp

Dec 11, 2013
I don't see the connection between dual Sim and 16G.

Sent from my Commodore 64 using Videotel

Well the XT1033 variant has two versions, and the one I bought is 16gb which is the only reason I bought it instead of the XT1032's only version of 8gb. I don't give two left f*** about the two sims, only about the internal space. Also I was interested on the extra shells for design purpose. There you have it, the connection you wanted.

Anyway it's not the point of the topic and I believe the OP has been given the choice above.

Reactions: Landrea

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I don't see the connection between dual Sim and 16G.

Sent from my Commodore 64 using Videotel

Well the XT1033 variant has two versions, and the one I bought is 16gb which is the only reason I bought it instead of the XT1032's only version of 8gb. I don't give two left f*** about the two sims, only about the internal space. Also I was interested on the extra shells for design purpose. There you have it, the connection you wanted.

Anyway it's not the point of the topic and I believe the OP has been given the choice above.