Cyanogen ROM for Xperia z2 tablet?

Search This thread

fearofbirds

Mar 4, 2014
Hi all,

I am completely new at this, having taken a few HOURS to root my tablet yesterday. So - i'm now hoping to flash a custom ROM (I hope that's the right terminology) but am not sure whether there are any available for the z2 tablet just yet. On the Cyanogen list on their website it doesn't appear there is one yet from them.

Can someone point me in the right direction?

Thanks

hasenbein1966

Aug 9, 2011
No custom ROM ATM.

Otherwise it would be listed in one of the subforums "Android Development" or "Original Android Development".

Don't know whether it's because the Z2 tablet doesn't sell well or because the latest firmware .402 which fixes some things just came out (and developers only now start working) - development for this device seems dead.

For me (and others) this is absolutely no problem, because (just as on the Tablet Z) the stock ROM + root + Xposed offers all one needs, and there is simply no need of a custom ROM. Admit it, mostly what a custom ROM offers is just some gimmickry, some cosmetic changes etc.
And you lose some of the good features the Sony stock ROM offers.

So stop worrying and be happy with your rooted stock device!

Reactions: corvuscentaurus

fearofbirds

Mar 4, 2014
Thanks so much for the help. That's appreciated.

And yes - I will get on with enjoying the device. I don't know why they aren't selling well. They are completely awesome.

quorn23

Jan 25, 2012
Google Pixel 4 XL
Google Pixel 7
For me (and others) this is absolutely no problem, because (just as on the Tablet Z) the stock ROM + root + Xposed offers all one needs, and there is simply no need of a custom ROM. Admit it, mostly what a custom ROM offers is just some gimmickry, some cosmetic changes etc.

I think it is pretty pointless to post in every thread regarding custom roms how you don't need it (no offense).
There are people out there who prefer AOSP roms over manufacture ones, or even Roms like Cyanogen, Paranoid and so on.
Or in other words, what exactly of the Sony Stuff is so great? I'm new to Sony Roms, my other devices all run AOSP and i didn't found anything yet that was a great plus. Other than that, nothing wrong with your post.

hasenbein1966

Aug 9, 2011
It's simply that with Cyanogen or Paranoid, you have only very few features that can't also be implemented by Xposed mods; and most of them are just kind of cosmetic, they don't really add to the functionality or ergonomics of the device. And at the time certain features which rely on Sony software to utilize the hardware fully are lost.

For me this sounds like a pretty bad deal.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    No custom ROM ATM.

Otherwise it would be listed in one of the subforums "Android Development" or "Original Android Development".

Don't know whether it's because the Z2 tablet doesn't sell well or because the latest firmware .402 which fixes some things just came out (and developers only now start working) - development for this device seems dead.

So stop worrying and be happy with your rooted stock device!