Different battery bug on Xperia E with TamsuiCM11 by UltraGamerHD

Search This thread

CharredBrain

Apr 23, 2014
I have a weird battery bug with the TamsuiCM11 from @UltraGamerHD for Xperia E. I know that for some user, their battery display is stuck at 100% and can't charge.

On my device the percetage is correctly displayed and updated but I still can't charge. Neither with the charger nor on a computer. And my computer won't recognise it either, I also can't access its internal storage.

The offline charge doesn't work either. When I turn my Xperia E off and connect it to the charger the phone simply boots up the CM11 without going into the offline charge mode.

It doesn't seem to be a problem with the kernel, since the phone does charge the battery in the recovery mode.

I installed CM11 just like the instruction said. Does anybody have the same problem?

Edit: I just saw that UltraGamerHD relased the alpha 3. I should probably mention that I tried this with Alpha 2 yesterday.

Last edited:

PanMrKapi

Apr 18, 2014
-Install Android terminal emulator

-Open it and type:
echo 08> / sys/devices/i2c-2/2-0034/axp20_reg
[Press enter]
echo 0800> / sys/devices/i2c-2/2-0034/axp20_reg
[Press enter]

-Reboot device

-Discharge and recharge battery

-It will help you ;)

P.S. Sorry for my english :D

CharredBrain

Apr 23, 2014
Go to Settings > Storage. Press the Menu button. Select USB connection settings (or whatever it is - it's the only option in the menu), and then tap MTP. Problem solved. :D

Thanks for the suggestion. I currently don't have CM11 on my Xperia E to test it, but isn't "MTP" already the default setting for it? At least on the stock ROM it is the default. The battery won't charge right from the get-go, immediately after I've flashed.

NSDCars5

Feb 17, 2013
Over there
nsood.in
Thanks for the suggestion. I currently don't have CM11 on my Xperia E to test it, but isn't "MTP" already the default setting for it? At least on the stock ROM it is the default. The battery won't charge right from the get-go, immediately after I've flashed.

On CM11, the stock setting is nothing - that is why your phone can't talk to the charger and/or computer.

Reactions: CharredBrain
Jun 8, 2014
Litvínov
Go to Settings > Storage. Press the Menu button. Select USB connection settings (or whatever it is - it's the only option in the menu), and then tap MTP. Problem solved. :D

Hi, I have this problem..I changed it to MTP, but my Xperia E still doesn't connected to my PC. Then I changed it to PTP and Xperia E connected to PC. Can you help me? I hope so:) and I hope you willl understand my noob english :D

Jun 8, 2014
Litvínov
Um... wait. Windows 7?! You should have MTP support... try to plug it, unplug it immediately, then plug it in again. At least in 8.1, this forces Windows to redetect drivers.

Nothing..My phone says "USB debugging connected", "Connected as a media device", but on the laptop isn't anything. Phone is just charging.. (Maybe I should say this → My brother tried to connect with his Xperia L, but on laptop wasn't anything, too...)

arunudayan

Mar 2, 2013
Hyderabad
Weird Network and battery bug with Tamsui CM11 Nanhu

I have a Sony Xperia E Single Sim. I am using the latest build from this thread. .

Apart from known issues, I have a strange problem. After using my phone for few days, the network connectivity stops and battery stops charging.
This has happened twice in last 1 week. I had to flash the JB ROM ftf again using the flash tool and then push the kernel and the CM11 again to get everything working again.

I am using "batteryfix.img" kernel.

NSDCars5

Feb 17, 2013
Over there
nsood.in
I have a Sony Xperia E Single Sim. I am using the latest build from this thread. .

Apart from known issues, I have a strange problem. After using my phone for few days, the network connectivity stops and battery stops charging.
This has happened twice in last 1 week. I had to flash the JB ROM ftf again using the flash tool and then push the kernel and the CM11 again to get everything working again.

I am using "batteryfix.img" kernel.

Don't use the battery fix kernel - it's old. Just flash the ROM and use the boot.img inside it as the kernel.

arunudayan

Mar 2, 2013
Hyderabad
Thank you so much for quick reply,
I flashed the batteryfix kernel using flash tool and then flashed the cm11 rom zip. Does that mean batteryfix was overwritten? or should I extract the boot.img and flash using flash tool again?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

On CM11, the stock setting is nothing - that is why your phone can't talk to the charger and/or computer.
    Nothing..My phone says "USB debugging connected", "Connected as a media device", but on the laptop isn't anything. Phone is just charging.. (Maybe I should say this → My brother tried to connect with his Xperia L, but on laptop wasn't anything, too...)

No... it can't be that easy...

Turn off USB debugging. That'll fix it.