{J/Miro/Tipo/E}[Spam&Rage] - CyanogenMod 11

Search This thread

lozohcum

Jan 14, 2013
Internety
customLogo.gif

This is place to talk about, spam and complain about CyanogenMod11 for Tamsui Devices J, Miro, Tipo, E.

Enjoy the chaos.

Last edited:

saimanso

Oct 7, 2013
Official release

Hi, Sorry first as I am not sure whether I should post here. May I ask whether the unoffical cm11 will put into official release page when it became stablized? I am planning to upgrade the xperia j but I ain't not a tester. So I prefer to upgrade to something more stable. Please advise.
Provided I should not post here. Please advise where I should ask these questions? Thanks.

MarckozZ

Jan 4, 2013
Argentina
Let's start the chaos complaining about GSM bug!! I hate it! but still I love CM11.. So.. I'm using it as a daily driver. Until now it is good.. I've played some games and it didn't hung up... the only thing is that I tryed to use AnTuTu to see a nice benchmark but the app crashes when it has to perform the GPU test with all the nice renders and all that stuff.. so it was an incomplete test that gave 2900 points or something like that.. it didn't finished the test but gave the points anyway..

And another thing. the ROM has a lot of "blue holo" things.. why is that so? volume sliders, selectors, even the sign that tells "android is upgrading" and "turning off..." are dark grey and blue like in JB.. I thought this would be all in grey like kit kat should be.. but anyway.. great ROM!

Last edited:

abstrkt1337

Feb 27, 2014
Somewhere in France
Let's start the chaos complaining about GSM bug!! I hate it! but still I love CM11.. So.. I'm using it as a daily driver. Until now it is good.. I've played some games and it didn't hung up... the only thing is that I tryed to use AnTuTu to see a nice benchmark but the app crashes when it has to perform the GPU test with all the nice renders and all that stuff.. so it was an incomplete test that gave 2900 points or something like that.. it didn't finished the test but gave the points anyway..

And another thing. the ROM has a lot of "blue holo" things.. why is that so? volume sliders, selectors, even the sign that tells "android is upgrading" and "turning off..." are dark grey and blue like in JB.. I thought this would be all in grey like kit kat should be.. but anyway.. great ROM!

I didn't noticed GSM bug. Can you tell me the games you tested ?

Sent from my Xperia Tipo using xda app-developers app

Reactions: L.E.D 26

NSDCars5

Feb 17, 2013
Over there
nsood.in
Gaming in the ROM is like gaming in stock JB - not fun.

Also, ROM has some noticeable lag; it's not snappy as CM10.

WiFi is also prone to randomly disconnecting - very crappy behavior.

The above was a straightforward, forget-that-they-don't-have-to-do-it-for-us approach of mine on CM11. Guess I'm done here.

lozohcum

Jan 14, 2013
Internety
It would be nice to know which devices you are talking about. Just put (J) or (E) etc
I have no idea what people could expect from alpha CM11... KitKat has never been designed for our devices. There is no doubt that it won't work as good as CM10 or stock.

Everyone talk about gammin experiene... people did you lost your minds? 1Ghz + 512ram and gamming?
Why can't you just use your PC to play games like normal people do? lol

Last edited:

abstrkt1337

Feb 27, 2014
Somewhere in France
It would be nice to know which devices you are talking about. Just put (J) or (E) etc
I have no idea what people could expect from alpha CM11... KitKat has never been designed for our devices. There is no doubt that it won't work as good as CM10 or stock.

Everyone talk about gammin experiene... people did you lost your minds? 1Ghz + 512ram and gamming?

I'm on the Tipo Build. I'm playing small game only. But most of time i send SMS and listening music. But sometime i play game like Modern Combat 2 or other when i doesn't have my computer

Sent from my Xperia Tipo using xda app-developers app

MarckozZ

Jan 4, 2013
Argentina

Don't ask me.. just see my signature and avatar and you'll guess which device I'm talking about..

And hey, I think you should update CM11's thread, it still says "waiting for tipo build" in download section..

Thanks for your hard work!!

Grimlock007

Jan 25, 2014
Cybertron
Gaming in the ROM is like gaming in stock JB - not fun.

Also, ROM has some noticeable lag; it's not snappy as CM10.

WiFi is also prone to randomly disconnecting - very crappy behavior.

The above was a straightforward, forget-that-they-don't-have-to-do-it-for-us approach of mine on CM11. Guess I'm done here.
turn all the animation scales to 0.5x ....animation happens so fast that you dont see the lag...dosen't feel good though
turn on force gpu rendering ....not much difference ....but useful

i havent installed many apps ....but it handles ram well .....am i right? though performance is yet to be UNLOCKED !...

ART uses full phone memory(apps size increase 3fold ...33mb cache of an turned ~100mb after ART'ing) and some apps dont work... no difference between art and dalvik (which is noticable)

NSDCars5

Feb 17, 2013
Over there
nsood.in

Xperia E. I don't game on my laptop cause you don't game on a machine that overheats on the mention of games. The last time it overheated was when I was playing an old favorite of mine - Midtown Madness 2. That's what happens when you look for a quad core the price of an i3....
So what's this "minds" thing you talk of? Never heard of it. :)

KitKat hasn't been designed for our devices, eh? Well, Jelly Bean hasn't been designed for Tipo and Miro. I'm pretty sure CM10 runs awesome on them - better than the E even, which shipped with JB.

And if it weren't designed for it, it wouldn't work on it. :p

Here you go, ladies and gentlemen! A point by point rebuttal to lozohcum, presented to you by yours truly, NSDCars5!

@Grimlock007 Tell me new stuff, I've already done all that. :)

NSDCars5

Feb 17, 2013
Over there
nsood.in
new stuff?!!!! mmmmm try flashing htc pico rom on E and test what happens ....LOLOLLOLLO....no ,really ....just try...make a hybrid of htc pico & E cm11 fuse them together...

and hows slimbean going?

Slow... I've got it downloading over a 1 Mbps connection of an unreliable ISP with TurboICS also downloading.

But I'll be giving it whole nights for as long as possible, so it should sync eventually.

Grimlock007

Jan 25, 2014
Cybertron
Slow... I've got it downloading over a 1 Mbps connection of an unreliable ISP with TurboICS also downloading.

But I'll be giving it whole nights for as long as possible, so it should sync eventually.
whats the size? of that source stuff(repo syncing or whatever you call it)......i read its in 10-20 GB's ! the full thing that is

& why turbocs ? its basically ICS deodexed with some tweaks ...(you already have xboost....so not needed)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 5439257

whats the size? of that source stuff(repo syncing or whatever you call it)......i read its in 10-20 GB's ! the full thing that is.

The local manifest is 20-25 GB. The problem is that you need a lot of space to install all the required packages(Java and stuff). I believe something like 30 GB? Correct me if I'm wrong. And then you need more space to build an actual ROM...

20 GB is quite big...

Sent from my C1505 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Grimlock007

Jan 25, 2014
Cybertron
The local manifest is 20-25 GB. The problem is that you need a lot of space to install all the required packages(Java and stuff). I believe something like 30 GB? Correct me if I'm wrong. And then you need more space to build an actual ROM...

20 GB is quite big...

why so big....? ...you can get the smaller version right? ...like just for your phone.... the whole thing(20 gb) has data for all phones i read...

abstrkt1337

Feb 27, 2014
Somewhere in France
why so big....? ...you can get the smaller version right? ...like just for your phone.... the whole thing(20 gb) has data for all phones i read...

20 GB it's big for me. My max download speed is 1.6 MB/S personally.
@NSDCars5 The only big game i downloaded in the past was Max Payne 3 ( 30 GB ). I liked the Max Payne Series.

Sent from my Xperia Tipo using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

D

Deleted member 5439257

I don't know. I haven't actually built from source so I'm not the most qualified person to answer that question.

I think it's now time to confess that I haven't actually flashed CM11... :p

lozohcum

Jan 14, 2013
Internety
@NSDCars5

If KitKat was designed for our devices we wouldn't have to spend so many hours making it working.
Example1:
By default wired headset doesn't work. I had to make patch with piece of source from JellyBean.
Example2:
Audio HAL is not compatible. We are using legacy hals based on someones'else work (like LegacyMod)
Example3:
Kitkat AOSP and CM source has no support for illumination led. I have added basic functionality from CM10.
And there would be many more examples.

If you think it is why don't you make stable KitKat AOSP for J/Miro/Tipo/E just now? Go ahead.

If your laptop cannot handle any newer games I suggest you to save small ammounts of money regulary to buy PC or new parts for it.
This is not my fault.

By 'mind' I understood the most accurate way of thinking. In my opinion people shouldn't expect anything good from low end devices.
I have made my own modification of CM which is hiper slim, I don't use facebook etc and my XJ still gets many slow-downs which are very annoying.
And I'm not talking about playing games now but daily use like smsing, surfing the Net, listening to music. Have you tried using Google Chrome on your devices?

I hope you are satisfied with my explanation and my English isn't difficult to understand.

------------------------------
New Carbon and CM11 builds are being tested on J.

Last edited:
Reactions: moh.said

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    customLogo.gif

This is place to talk about, spam and complain about CyanogenMod11 for Tamsui Devices J, Miro, Tipo, E.

Enjoy the chaos.
    Why would he or other devs not help you? I don't see their point other than them being too "proud" to help people developing for a low-end device(which seems unlikely to me) or you are simply not trying enough and/or asking for copypasta?

And why would the CM team waste their time making changes in the source just to exclude old devices?
    Are you implying that they are being payed by companies to cause users to buy newer devices just because there are no (up-to-date) versions of CM?

Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to insult you.
    I asked FXP few times for help, they didn't realy care.
    I only say that CM devs are throwing obstacles under our legs. I don't know why they don't want to see other devices running new android but it's probably Jerpelea intention.
    They don't waste time to exclude older devices, they just remove pieces of code instead of adding some simple choices.
    I would call it "selfishness of high-end devs". Everyone is crazy about S4, S5, Z1, Z2 Z246 and so on but no one cares about devices like Xperia J.
    Now I know android better and I know not every android version is good for low devices, but I still think that Xperia J and some others have good potential.

RonGokhale helped me a bit, he is great dev with good heart ^^
    Last Friday I got my new laptop. Today I compiled CM11 on it. My old PC used to compile CM11 in around 12 hours, my new laptop does it in 1.5h.
    0.jpg
    I stuck around month ago and can't fix those errors:

Code:
    target thumb C: libminui <= bootable/recovery/minui/graphics_overlay.c
    bootable/recovery/minui/graphics_overlay.c: In function 'alloc_ion_mem':
    bootable/recovery/minui/graphics_overlay.c:164:17: error: 'struct ion_allocation_data' has no member named 'heap_mask'
    bootable/recovery/minui/graphics_overlay.c:166:13: error: 'ION_SYSTEM_CONTIG_HEAP_ID' undeclared (first use in this function)
    bootable/recovery/minui/graphics_overlay.c:166:13: note: each undeclared identifier is reported only once for each function it appears in
    bootable/recovery/minui/graphics_overlay.c: In function 'free_overlay':
    bootable/recovery/minui/graphics_overlay.c:304:31: error: storage size of 'ext_commit' isn't known
    bootable/recovery/minui/graphics_overlay.c:335:35: error: invalid application of 'sizeof' to incomplete type 'struct mdp_display_commit'
    bootable/recovery/minui/graphics_overlay.c:336:24: error: 'MDP_DISPLAY_COMMIT_OVERLAY' undeclared (first use in this function)
    bootable/recovery/minui/graphics_overlay.c:338:21: error: 'MSMFB_DISPLAY_COMMIT' undeclared (first use in this function)
    bootable/recovery/minui/graphics_overlay.c: In function 'overlay_display_frame':
    bootable/recovery/minui/graphics_overlay.c:358:31: error: storage size of 'ext_commit' isn't known
    bootable/recovery/minui/graphics_overlay.c:416:35: error: invalid application of 'sizeof' to incomplete type 'struct mdp_display_commit'
    bootable/recovery/minui/graphics_overlay.c:417:24: error: 'MDP_DISPLAY_COMMIT_OVERLAY' undeclared (first use in this function)
    bootable/recovery/minui/graphics_overlay.c:419:21: error: 'MSMFB_DISPLAY_COMMIT' undeclared (first use in this function)
    make: *** [/home/lozohcum/CM11/out/target/product/jlo/obj/STATIC_LIBRARIES/libminui_intermediates/graphics_overlay.o] Error 1

and I have no one to ask for help. FXP will never help us, neither other devs.

CyanogenMod team is purposely doing those changes in source to exclude more and more devices from KitKat updates.

Update:
    Problem above finally fixed. I carry on building

Hm... I can make a better poem. In fact:

KitKat on our Tamsui phones,
    who knew it could be done?
    It may not be exactly stable right now,
    but improvement will come in the long run.

joebonrichie is working on the Tipo,
    lozohcum does stuff for J.
    UltraGamerHD works for the E,
    With the Miro, Shivang has a nice day.

Stuff is good, alphas are released,
    WiFi and GSM work.
    Don't curse the devs, or talk of the camera,
    if you do, you're just a jerk.

For devices that shipped with ICS,
    our phones are in good shape.
    Of the latest Android version,
    our phones will soon wear the drape.