Netflix

Search This thread

greengoldmello

Dec 3, 2007
Houston
They finally released Netflix for android..but its only for the g2, nexus one and s, evo, and a couple other phones. I just sold my g2 so I'm a bit jealous. Is it possible somebody can hack the apk?

Sent from my LG-P999 using XDA App

Lootes

Nov 11, 2010
Los Angeles, CA
Here is the apk compliments of the EVO 4g forum.

The app installs and you can log in to your Netflix account, but you cannot play videos, it tells you your device is not supported. If possible we will need to remove the device check.

Attachments

• com.netflix.mediaclient-1.apk
    5.4 MB · Views: 1,742
Last edited:

Spoo76

Sep 2, 2009
Palm Beach South Florida
I read elsewhere on this forum it has to do with netflix only wanting it on the ARM processors. we may not ever see it on a tegra2 device which is a shame because id use that alot

I wonder if this is any different than the older version i have
I know streaming doesnt work but i wonder if any other changes were made

greengoldmello

Dec 3, 2007
Houston
I read elsewhere on this forum it has to do with netflix only wanting it on the ARM processors. we may not ever see it on a tegra2 device which is a shame because id use that alot

I wonder if this is any different than the older version i have
I know streaming doesnt work but i wonder if any other changes were made

Tegra 2 is arm. ..

player911

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 8, 2006
Cincinnati
www.SnapSiteAdmins.com
This was already discussed in the G2x forum a few weeks ago because I posted the APK.... The app is only compatible with Qualcomm chipsets.

Has anyone tried on CM7? They use a different kernel so it may fool the app into working.

I do think it is funny though because originally they said Netflix wasn't coming to the Qualcomm sets because they didn't support DRM or something on a hardware level and looked forward to the Tegra 2 chipsets for their main chipset.

Now the Tegra 2 chipset is out they are all of a sudden saying "Oh we're going to support the Qualcomm chips".

In all honesty it is just them being picky and not allowing streaming. If they wanted to be simple they could just open up their website to allow streaming via Flash.

Live2Follow

May 24, 2009
Raleigh, NC
I got streaming working. Download the attached apk. Backup your build-prop. and edit a new one with these changes:

Code:
ro.product.model=HTC Vision	
ro.product.brand=tmobile
ro.product.name=vision
ro.product.device=vision
ro.product.board=vision

ro.product.manufacturer=HTC

ro.build.fingerprint=tmobile/htc_vision/vision/vision:2.2/FRF91/277427:user/release-keys

This info was taken from another forum member, don't remember who it was.

I am running CM7 Nightly #16 with the Custom CM Kernal.

Attachments

• com.netflix.mediaclient-1.apk
    5.4 MB · Views: 640
Last edited:
Reactions: rome425

mobilehavoc

Mar 12, 2006
I got streaming working. Download the attached apk. Backup your build-prop. and edit a new one with these changes:

Code:
ro.product.brand=tmobile
ro.product.name=vision
ro.product.device=vision
ro.product.board=vision

ro.build.fingerprint=tmobile/htc_vision/vision/vision:2.2/FRF91/277427:user/release-keys

Yup but then no tegra apps for you.

greengoldmello

Dec 3, 2007
Houston
This was already discussed in the G2x forum a few weeks ago because I posted the APK.... The app is only compatible with Qualcomm chipsets.

Has anyone tried on CM7? They use a different kernel so it may fool the app into working.

I do think it is funny though because originally they said Netflix wasn't coming to the Qualcomm sets because they didn't support DRM or something on a hardware level and looked forward to the Tegra 2 chipsets for their main chipset.

Now the Tegra 2 chipset is out they are all of a sudden saying "Oh we're going to support the Qualcomm chips".

In all honesty it is just them being picky and not allowing streaming. If they wanted to be simple they could just open up their website to allow streaming via Flash.

The nexus s is not a qualcomm backed phone

I wish I knew how to code. I'm sure it would be fairly simple to make an app that edits your build.prop on the fly when u need it..or better yet..when it detects the Netflix app being opened.

Last edited:

rome425

Dec 12, 2009

Code:
ro.product.brand=tmobile
ro.product.name=vision
ro.product.device=vision
ro.product.board=vision

I don't think it works on EagleBlood :(

crx4xharder

Nov 8, 2009

Code:
ro.product.brand=tmobile
ro.product.name=vision
ro.product.device=vision
ro.product.board=vision

CONFIRMED... This does work, it breaks swype though. Probably because our swype looks at the build.prop as well. Ill assume it breaks other things as well... BUT IT WORKS GREAT ON 3G! You have to reboot after editing build.prop, then install the apk. Running cm7 nighly 15

Sent from my HTC Vision using XDA App

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Got it to work on mine with CM7 build 16. but i didnt change all that in the build.prop just the following:

I changed the same two lines that everyone changes, ro.product.device and ro.product.manufacturer. Setting everything back to stock and rebooting allowed proper Market access again.

Just to be more clear:

ro.product.device=HTC Vision

That's correct, isn't it?

No you need to change ro.product.model instead of ro.product.device

Change model to HTC Vision and change device back p999. Here's a few lines from mine:

ro.product.brand=lge
    ro.product.name=lge_star
    ro.product.device=p999
    ro.product.board=p999
    ro.product.cpu.abi=armeabi-v7a
    ro.product.cpu.abi2=armeabi

Code:
    ro.product.brand=tmobile
    ro.product.name=vision
    ro.product.device=vision
    ro.product.board=vision

Only setting ro.product.model=HTC Vision & ro.product.manufacturer=HTC worked for me. Im running latest cm7 nightly.
    Works well over HDMI with audio too.
    Latest Netflix working on G2x running CM7 get it here