Defy Not Charging - Question Mark?

Search This thread

indyjonesUK

Oct 16, 2007
Hi all,

Hi hoping someone could help, a guy at work has handed me his Defy as its not charging. Plugged it in and after the M splash screen it goes to the battery charging screen. Only problem is that just shows a massive question mark ? Anyone know what that means please? My ony thought is its not a a genuine battery so the phone is having diffaculty reading the charge level or something ?

Cheers :)

wout1

May 9, 2011
I can think of three reasons why the battery why the battery wont charge:
  1. You are not using the original charger
  2. You don't have the right battery
  3. The battery is defect
It is easy to test point one: Just plug your phone in an USB-port of a running PC.

Otherwise you could buy an original battery, or if you know someone else with a defy, swap batteries and test...

vijayaprasad

Mar 11, 2011
I too had same issue, used universal battery charger for charging the battery for some time and then on its working fine.

Sent from my MB525 using XDA Premium App

bobbyphoenix

Mar 30, 2010
Orlando, FL
It just happened to me two days ago. A battery pull and put back solved it. There must be something with the connections. Got me. Only happened that one time.

matrix866

Sep 11, 2006
Bari
I have the same problem. If I connect my defy to a pc the white LED of charging turn ON but it doesn't charge. It can boot but it turn off after the boot because have no charge!

desertmod1

Sep 10, 2012
I have one charger that charge some android phones ( old xperia and samsung) but doesn't charge my defy or a newer samsung.
Anyway, I use an original samsung charger (don't buy those cheap $1 ones) and it can charge any phone.
It's strange because the voltage written written on both is the same and so is the mini usb plug (the amps are higher on the original though).

bobbyphoenix

Mar 30, 2010
Orlando, FL
Only the original charger that came with the phone will charge mine. Any other charger and I get errors.

Sent from my MB525 using xda app-developers app

krumpl1

Aug 14, 2012
Budapest
Happened to me that the brand new battery didn't charge, just a question mark on the notification bar(I even charged via mcGyver Style:D). Check your connection pins on the battery between + and -. It couldn't check the battery load status. Check yours if still have the problem.

Mikeymeis me

Nov 14, 2015
Ya are saying use a usb charger to charge our android but ya are not solving our problems for those who like the charging pads mine charges when phone is on and in sleep mode however when turned off and on the charging pad it shows the question mark on the battery symbol the phone works fine with the charging pad when in sleep mode just not when its turned off I like to just take my phone off the charger and go instead of unplugging it.