[Q] Looking to buy the note 2

Search This thread

wily5150

Apr 8, 2011
Holiday, Florida
I have the gs3 now, but I'm thinking about buying the note 2, and I was looking through the roms section for this phone. there are not many roms for this phone. Why is this? Is it because the spen? I don't know. I was just wondering. Thanks

akellar

Jan 9, 2011
Iowa
I have the gs3 now, but I'm thinking about buying the note 2, and I was looking through the roms section for this phone. there are not many roms for this phone. Why is this? Is it because the spen? I don't know. I was just wondering. Thanks

Xposed makes custom roms unnecessary in general.

kimdoocheol

Jan 9, 2012

Probably for one, the locked bootloader and because the N3 is already out. There are a lot of custom ROMs though, at least enough to find one you really like. Most people just choose to run Beans or an AOSP rom. You can easily replace a lot of TW functionality through different apps with AOSP roms, though.

Xposed makes custom roms unnecessary in general.

I would say that this is definitely true for some, but for others, no, Xposed doesn't make custom roms unnecessary.

MunkinDrunky

Feb 25, 2012
There may not be the plethora you were hoping for, but the roms are top notch. Every one I've tired is a solid daily driver and still sports great features.

MunkinDrunky

Feb 25, 2012
To take a stab at the spen question. The international note 2 has spen but more roms so I think it has more to do with Verizon as our carrier. And maybe for those of us here we have all been really happy with what we've got to play with... I dunno some just want a good debloated and customized TW rom in order to have full functionality of the spen.

coolpoete

also if you look at the amount of thread reads you can see which ones are more popular than others. I will say that Touchwiz based ROMs are easier to deal with (in my opinion) than AOSP/CM ROMs. The main differences between them is in the name, you maintain the Touchwiz S-Pen and other touchwiz functionality.

WeThePeople13

Jan 5, 2012
I went from the S3 to the N2. I miss all of the diversity of the S3 community but I do not regret switching at all. I love the phone and everything that goes with it.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

wily5150

Apr 8, 2011
Holiday, Florida
I got the N3 home last night

So far this phone is pretty awesome. I'm still going through all the setting. I will be rooted this weekend for sure. The phone is pretty quick to