[Q] Help! Stuck at bootscreen with no ROM... Bricked?

Search This thread

selim97

Jun 11, 2009
Hi,

Ive got a HTC One here with the problem mentioned in the title. The phone is completely stock, locked bootloader, not rooted, S-ON.

The phone does not get past the HTC screen at all, it stays there for a few seconds and turns off. I can get into the bootloader, but cannot get adb to work. However fastboot is working fine.

Ive tried to unlock the bootloader so that I can try to get a custom recovery and install a ROM that way, but everytime I try to unlock it it restarts and gets stuck again. Comes up as locked once back into the bootloader.

Tried flashing an RUU, but the ones Ive tried bring up a singature failed error, I assume due to the locked bootloader.

Searched, looked, and read through many threads/posts for the past few hours and I cant find anything to help me.

This is what getvar all brings up...

Code:
version: 0.5
version-bootloader: 1.55.0000
version-baseband: 4A.21.3263.04
version-cpld: None
version-microp: None
version-main: 3.62.401.1
version-misc: PVT SHIP S-ON
serialno: 
imei: 
meid: 00000000000000
product: m7_ul
platform: HBOOT-8064
modelid: PN0710000
cidnum: HTC__001
battery-status: good
battery-voltage: 4320mV
partition-layout: Generic
security: on
build-mode: SHIP
boot-mode: FASTBOOT
commitno-bootloader: dirty-bb768ae1
hbootpreupdate: 11
gencheckpt: 0

Please help! Im stuck...just like my phone is!

yatindroid

Sep 23, 2009
Jaipur
Install custom recovery
Then you have 2 options
ADB sideload
USB otg both work good
I recommend twrp recovery
Then connect usb then Mount usb with custom Rom in it flash your Rom
Otherwise if you have ruu exe file with same version 3.62.401.1 in your getvar you can install in fastboot mod

HTC One 1.56 S-Off MaximusHD 33

bored_stupid

Jul 10, 2011
Hereford
Hi,

Ive got a HTC One here with the problem mentioned in the title. The phone is completely stock, locked bootloader, not rooted, S-ON.

The phone does not get past the HTC screen at all, it stays there for a few seconds and turns off. I can get into the bootloader, but cannot get adb to work. However fastboot is working fine.

Ive tried to unlock the bootloader so that I can try to get a custom recovery and install a ROM that way, but everytime I try to unlock it it restarts and gets stuck again. Comes up as locked once back into the bootloader.

Tried flashing an RUU, but the ones Ive tried bring up a singature failed error, I assume due to the locked bootloader.

Searched, looked, and read through many threads/posts for the past few hours and I cant find anything to help me.

This is what getvar all brings up...

Code:
version-bootloader: 1.55.0000
version-baseband: 4A.21.3263.04
version-main: 3.62.401.1
serialno: 
imei: 
battery-voltage: 4320mV
commitno-bootloader: dirty-bb768ae1

Please help! Im stuck...just like my phone is![/QUOTE

What RUU did you try. Link please
With S-On you can flash RUU same version or higher, it will not allow you to flash RUU lower version

Have you tried a hard reset from within the bootloader or fastboot erase cache or the bright light trick. If that fails are you still within warranty, if so send it in for service.

Sent from my HTC One using XDA Premium HD app

Last edited:

selim97

Jun 11, 2009
One of the RUU was an older version, that didnt work for obvious reasons. I then found one for the same version I have but it was called Guru Reset, so I think it may have been slightly modified, that didnt work either.

I have already tried the suggestions you mentioned but its not working. Anything I select from within the bootloader just reboots the phone over again, except fastboot.

I have just found and flashed a newer version of the RUU exe at http://androidruu.com/getdownload.p...10.38r.1157.04L_release_353069_signed_2-1.exe

This seemed to be working, it even said it was complete. But the phone did not reboot itself, I switched it on, and ran into the same problem. Tried erasing cache, again nothing. Tried manually flashing the zip, but I get an error about data length is too large. No idea what is going wrong here.

Unfortunately no warranty.

This is what getvar brings up after the flash...

Code:
version-bootloader: 1.56.0000
version-baseband: 4A.23.3263.28
version-main: 4.19.401.9
serialno: 
imei: 
battery-voltage: 4282mV
commitno-bootloader: dirty-4dab9d12

Im desperate to get this fixed! Please help!

yatindroid

Sep 23, 2009
Jaipur
Bootloader ? Locked or unlocked ?
Unlock bootloader with HTCdev
Flash custom recovery
Flash guru reset

selim97

Jun 11, 2009
Bootloader ? Locked or unlocked ?
Unlock bootloader with HTCdev
Flash custom recovery
Flash guru reset

Bootloader is locked, cannot be unlocked as mentioned in first post. The phone just reboots itself after I select yes to unlock bootloader.

What can be done?

NxNW

Apr 11, 2011
The phone may not be dead, but he combination of locked bootloader and S-ON may be too much. You really need to fix one or the other somehow..

Last edited:

yatindroid

Sep 23, 2009
Jaipur
Thanks for the input... but that unfortunately wont work either because adb is not working for me, I can only get fastboot to work.

Any other suggestions?
I don't really know about this but try search flashing Rom in fastboot
But it not gonna work as s on
Last way service center with paying

selim97

Jun 11, 2009
Try the download from here and check MD5 once downloaded
http://www.htc1guru.com/dld/ruu_m7_...0-38r-1157-04l_release_353069_signed_2-1-exe/

How did you try to install the zip manually. Post links and steps please.

PS. adb will only work in booted os or recovery.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium HD app

That one seems to have the same MD5 as the one Ive already tried...but no worries I am downloading it right now and will give it a go. Willing to try anything to get it back to life!

I extracted the zip and tried flashing using this guide http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2497614

I get an error saying the data length is too large, no idea what that means.

Thanks for the help so far, if you have any other ideas/suggestions please do let me know.

selim97

Jun 11, 2009
The phone may not be dead, but he combination of locked bootloader and S-ON may be too much. You really need to fix one or the other somehow..

I know :(

When I tried unlocking the bootloader it went through to the phone and came up allowing me to select yes or no, but as soon as I press the power button to confirm my selection thats it back to a bootloop.

bored_stupid

Jul 10, 2011
Hereford
Try flashing the rom.zip again only this time, try this

fastboot erase cache
fastboot oem rebootRUU
fastboot flash zip rom.zip
fastboot flash zip rom.zip. (yes twice).

Rename rom.zip to name of the file name.

selim97

Jun 11, 2009
Try flashing the rom.zip again only this time, try this

fastboot erase cache
fastboot oem rebootRUU
fastboot flash zip rom.zip
fastboot flash zip rom.zip. (yes twice).

Rename rom.zip to name of the file name.

Hi,

Downloaded RUU from the link you provided, MD5 matched. Ran the RUU, but same problem of not being able to boot up.

Followed your instructions on flashing the rom.zip, but I get the same error of data length is too large.

I noticed on the guru website something about encrypted and decrypted zips, maybe the zip needs additional steps before being flashed, maybe thats why Im getting the errors with the zip?

bored_stupid

Jul 10, 2011
Hereford
Because you are S-On the RUU needs to be signed
You cannot flash an unsigned RUU
It also needs to be specifically for your phone.

Last edited: