[Guide][Updated]What is HSPL, MAGLDR, cLK, and CWM, and how to install them.?

Search This thread

T-Macgnolia

Sep 30, 2010
Shannon, Ms.
What is HSPL, MAGLDR , cLK, and Clock Work Mod Recovery and how do you use them?

First off I want to take time to thank XDA senior members Cotulla and Bepe and the whole Dark Forces Team for creating HSPL and MAGLDR. Also I want to thank XDA senior member Cedesmith for his cLK bootloader for Android and XDA senior member RaiderX303 for creating Clock Work Mod Recovery . With out these programs for the HD2 it would never have reached the legendary status it has reached.

This is not a guide on how to install/flash a NAND Android ROM or how to install/flash Windows Phone 7 on the HTC HD2. This guide is meant to help educate people on what these tools are, what their function is, and how to install them on the HTC HD2.

If you are looking for a guide on how to install a NAND Android ROM on the HTC HD2 then go here or here for NAND Android guides. For a guide on how to install Windows Phone 7 on the HTC HD2 go here. Thanks to senior XDA member MSkip, junior member Gunjahman, and member Omarza for the guide. Thanks to senior member Darrengladysz for the dual booting WP7 and Android guide that is linked in descriptiion of option #2 of MAGLDR. Thanks to senior member MysticGenuis for the MTTY guide I linked in option #6 of MAGLDR.

Edit, I added radio info and a warning to TMOUS users at the bottom of post #3. Also be sure to checkout the all in one flashing/installing tool by XDA Recognized Developer ksubedi.

Also check out XDA Senior Member kevin134's Step by step toolkit for NANDroid.

Easy Android

HSPL what is that and why do I need it?

On the HD2 it comes stock with what is called SPL which stands for Secondary Program Loader. SPL is paired with the IPL(Initial Program Loader) to make the bootloader of the HD2 and other smartphones and PDA devices. The bootloader is the first thing to load up on your HD2 when it is turned on. It boots up the device hardware and other things into memory before the ROM starts. The bootloader also allows the flashing of a new ROM, splash screens, and radio versions to the device. The SPL and IPL that make up the bootloader are much like the BIOS of your computer and can be modified.

With that being said HSPL stands for Hard Secondary Program Loader. HSPL is a modified bootloader that disables the CID check that is run at the start of a ROM flash so you can flash official ROMs without having to use a Gold Card. It also disables the NBH signature check that is run when you flash a ROM so you can flash a unsigned /custom ROM image or any other unsigned NBH file like MAGLDR or cLK. HSPL does not get over written like SPL does when flashing a signed NBH that contains a SPL via RUU. This translates to HSPL does not get over written when you flash a official ROM via USB. HSPL makes flashing a little safer too as it reduces the chances of bricking your HD2 by flashing the wrong SPL version. It does not help protect against bricking a HD2 from flashing a wrong radio version.

Important!

If you have a TMOUS HTC HD2 you only flash HSPL 2.08 or 3.03 to your HD2. If you have a international HTC HD2 with 448MB of ram and want to flash a 3.14 based Windows Mobile ROM. You need to flash HSPL 3.03 as 3.14 ROMs on a international HTC HD2 require SPL 3.03.0000 or HSPL 3.03 are you will have problems with your HD2 not functioning properly Plus it is one of the two requirements to unlocking the extra RAM for your HD2, the other is a radio version 2.07.50.xx or up.

So that should help you understand what HSPL is and why you need it. My sources for this information is the [HSPL/HSPL2] HowTo flash everythingand the XDA Wiki glossary.

How to Flash HSPL to your HTC HD2

To install any SPL or HSPL there must be any SPL version from this list on your device:

SPL 1.42.0000
SPL 1.62.0000
SPL 1.66.0000
SPL 2.07.0000
SPL 2.08.0000
SPL 2.10.0000
SPL 3.03.0000

Otherwise the installation will fail!

First go to here to download HSPL 4. I suggest HSPL 4 because it supports all SPL versions that are out right now including SPL 3.03.0000 and SPL 3.10.0000. Remember you can also use HSPL 4 to flash back to your original SPL. Once you have HSPL 4 downloaded use a zip program like WinZip, WinRar, or Win7 to extract the .exe file for the DFT installation utility to a location of your choosing on you computer. Take and put your HD2 manually into bootloader by holding the volume down button down while powering on your HD2. When you see the multicolor bootloader screen on your HD2 connect it to your computer via USB cable. If it is the first time you have connected it to your computer while in bootloader you will have to give it a minute or two for the drivers to install. When you see the Serial in the white bar of bootloader change to USB you have a HTC USB Sync connection between your HD2 and your computer. This is very important, make sure you have the latest ActiveSync or Windows Mobile Device Center version (depending on what version of Windows your computer uses) installed on your computer as it has the updated USB drivers for the HTC USB Sync connection. Go to here to download these. When you see the USB in the white bar of bootloader right click on the HSPL 4 utility and select run as administrator. Follow the on screen instructions and select the desired HSPL version when it prompts you for what version you want to install. If you want to flash MAGLDR to install NAND Android or Windows Phone 7 you have to select 2.08 HSPL. When you see “We hacked it” on your HD2 screen you click yes on your computer in the box on the screen to confirm you see “We hacked it” then click close and you have flashed HSPL to your HTC HD2.

What is MAGLDR , why do I need it, and what does it do?

Ok so you want to know what MAGLDR is, well MAGLDR is a custom made bootloader that allows you to boot deferent OS’s directly from NAND. This bootloader was developed by the Dark Forces Team and is a closed source software that is still being developed but is free to use. MAGLDR is so much more than a bootloader though. It is disigned to work with both the T-Mobile HD2 and the EU HD2 there for it will unlock the hidden 128 MB of RAM for the EU HD2 when combined with a 2.07.50.xx or above radio. Also you have to have a 2.07.50.xx or higher radio or MAGLDR will not even boot up.

The MAGLDR bootloader boots up after or should I say in succession of the original bootloader on the HD2, so you still have the original bootloader on your HD2 and can still use it to reflash a Windows mobile ROM at anytime. To navigate through the options on the main menu you use the up and down volume buttons, the send button is the select button , and the end button is the back button. To boot into MAGLDR you have to keep the power button pressed down while your HD2 powers on. Also remember you can not charge your HD2 while in MAGLDR you have to boot into your ROM to charge your HD2, and then you can only charge your HD2 while it is powered on as long as MAGLDR is installed on it. The current version of MAGLDR is v1.13 and this is what is in the main menu of MAGLDR.

aMAGLDR V1.13
Build: Feb 1 2011 03:46:07
by Cotulla 2011

1. Boot WPH
2. Boot AD SD
3. Boot AD NAND
4. USB Mass Stg
5. USB Flasher
6. USB TTY
7. AD Hard reset
8. AD Recovery
9. Tetris
10. Services
11. Reset
12. Power Down

Ok now I know you are saying what is all those options for. Well let me start at the beginning here.

Option #1

Boot WPH, this is what you select if have a Windows Phone 7(WP7) ROM installed to NAND and you are booted up into MAGLDR but want to boot into your WP7 ROM.

Option #2

Boot AD SD, this allows you to boot into Android from SD card. You also use this to boot Android from SD card if you have WP7 ROM or a Android ROM in NAND.( Go to here for a tutorial on how to do this.) This option also allows you to boot other Android specific software such as Clock Work Mod Recovery(CWM) that you have placed specific files for on your SD card. This option is not really needed for CWM as you no longer have to place files for it on your SD card you can flash it straight to NAND.

Option #3

Boot AD NAND, this option allows you to boot into your NAND Android ROM you have flashed if you have booted into MAGLDR.

Option #4

USB Mass Stg, this option gives you the ability to use your SD card as a Mass Storage/Removable drive when you are booted up into MAGLDR and your HD2 is connected via USB cable to your computer. You use this option to transfer files from your computer to your SD card or from your SD card to your computer.

Option #5

USB Flasher, this option allows you to flash a ROM be it Android or WP7 to NAND , or any other program or software that requires a USB connection to install. You can not flash Windows Mobile, a new radio, or a splash screen to your HD2 using this option of MAGLDR, you have to use the original (SPL/HSPL) bootloader to do this. Connect to your computer via USB cable after you select this option to use it.

Option #6

USB TTY, this option puts MAGLDR into TTY mode which allows you the ability to ability to dump dmesg after crash and etc, but this option will be mainly for developers when it is up and running. Presently it is not functional just yet as it still requires drivers to be found or developed. It will also give you the abilities equivalent to MTTY or Task 29 when it is up and running. ( Maybe in the next versionJ)

Option #7

AD Hard reset, this option allows you to hard reset your Android ROM and erase android partitions with "hr" in the flags. Also allows you to hard reset it you are using a WP7 ROM. (Anyone that used Windows Mobile long enough knows what a hard reset is :p)

Option #8

AD Recovery, this option allows you to do a systems recovery just like native Android devices and allows you to boot into CWM which is even more like a native Android device.

Option #9

Tetris, oh yes that is right you can play Tetris while booted into MAGLDR. Hey everybody has to have some fun somehow, and everybody likes Tetris right. Get 111111 score to unlock hidden MAGLDR feature, and no I have not done it and I do not know what the hidden feature is. Got to love a dev that thinks of everything lol.

Option #10

Services, this option has 5 sub options with 2 of those having 3 sub options of their own. I will get into them shortly.

Option #11

Reset, this option works just lick the reset button under the battery cover of the HD2. It allows you to reboot your HD2 while you are booted into MAGLDR. If you want to boot back into MAGLDR you have to hold the power button down when your HD2 is powering back on. If you want to just boot up you installed ROM you do nothing but let your HD2 boot up.

Option #12

Power Down, this option is self explanatory. You choose this option to turn your HD2 off while booted into MAGLDR.

Ok so that has the main menu covered, now let me go over the sub option in Option #10 of the main menu. Here is what is in the sub menu of Services.

Services

1. Boot Settings
2. DMESG to SD
3. Dump UD to SD
4. Use Last 24 NAND
5. Clear SD MBR

Ok I will go in order here so lets look at option #1 Boot Settings.

Option #1 of Services Boot settings

1. Boot Source
2. Always Menu
3. AD SD Dir

Option #1

Boot Source allows you to choose what source you want MAGLDR to boot your ROM from as default when you power on your HD2. You can choose Android from SD, Android from NAND, or WPH from NAND. This option is set automatically when you flash a ROM to NAND depending on if it is Android or WP7. This is the option that tells MAGLDR what it is to boot at boot up if you do not hold the power button down while powering up your phone to access MAGLDR.

Option #2

Always Menu, this option allows you to let MAGLDR to boot up and then automatically boot your ROM you have installed or to let MAGLDR boot up every time and you manually boot the ROM with either option #1, #2, or #3 from the main menu. Just press the send button if you want MAGLDR to boot up every time or press the end button if you do not want MAGLDR to boot up to the main menu everytime you boot up your HD2.

Option #3

AD SD Dir, this option gives you access to view the directories and most files on your SD card if you have Android installed to NAND on your HD2. It also lets you choose the SD card Android build you want MAGLDR to boot if you are dual booting WP& and Android from SD card.

Option #2 of Services DMESG to SD

DMESG is a shell command for the ash shell that ADB provides to run commands on a emulator or device. The DMESG command tells MAGLDR to store debugging messages to the SD card. This is useful for developers. This is also still in development so use at your own risk.

Option #3 of Services Dump UD to SD

Ok I have done a very good bit of research on this option. I am still not 100% sure what this option is for but this is what I found about it. In the thread for MAGLDR it say.,
DumpUDtoSD" - dumps asize partition to SD card. BUGGY, SLOW and not tested. Don't use it.
Now this does not say much to non-technically knowledgeable people. What I think this is for is to create a partition on the SD card for apps to SD for Android, or to create a partition on the SD card to be able to run Android from SD card. If I am wrong please someone let me know and I will change this.

Option #4 of Services Use Last 24 NAND

This option allows you to use the last 24 MB of NAND memory. Right now if you select this option you will lose it after a soft reset, this option is still experimental also.

Option #5 of Services Clear SD MBR

This option allows you to clear the MBR from your SD card. What is MBR you ask, MBR stands for Master Boot Record. MBR searches the partition table for the active partition, it then copies the active boot sector of that partition into memory and transfers control over to that program. The MBR runs whenever you boot your HD2.

Here are my sources for this information. [DFT]MAGLDR 1.13 released! [AD RECOV support added][FONT=&quot], [/FONT]Leo/Magldr-HTC-Linux-Mozilla, Android developers, Dark Forces Team-Places for Android newbies, tech-faq.com , and last but not least Google.

How to flash MAGLDR to a HTC HD2

To flash MAGLDR to your HD2 , and this is very important, you must first have HSPL 2.08 flashed to your HD2 and you have to have a radio version 2.07.50.xx to 2.15.50.14. If you do not have HSPL 2.08 the flash will fail, and if you do not have radio version 2.15.50.14 or 2.14.50.02 MAGLDR will not show up on your HD2 even if it was sussefully flashed.. Download MAGLDR v1.13, when you extract the zip file it will create a folder named “MAGLDR113_DAF” so choose where you want to extract t the files to and let it extract the files. Next navigate to where you extracted the MAGLDR113_DAF to and open the file. Put your HD2 into bootloader by pressing and holding down the volume down button while powering on your HD2. Connect your HD2 to your computer via USB cable and wait until Serial in the white bar of the bootloader screen to change to USB then right click “RomUpdateUtility” that is in the MAGLDR113_DAF file and select run as administrator. Follow the instructions of the ROM update utility and when the progress bar on the computer screen and your HD2 reach 100% your computer will show in the ROM update utility it is finished click close on the ROM update utility box on your computer screen and you have MAGLDR on your HD2, your HD2 should automaticly reboot into MAGLDR. Also do not unplug your USB cable until your HD2 has rebooted itself.

Flash MAGLDR via SD Card

You can also flash MAGLDR via SD card just like you can a Windows Mobile ROM. Just open the MAGLDR113_DAF file and copy the magldr.nbh file to the root of your SD card. Once it is copied change the name of the file on your SD card to LEOIMG.nbh. Power off your HD2 and then reboot your HD2 keep the volume down button held down until you see searching on your HD2 screen then release. Follow the on-screen instructions and let it flash.

Note when you flash MAGLDR to your HD2 it wipes your current ROM from the HD2. So you will have a ROM less HD2 until you either flash a Android ROM or WP7 to your HD2. You can also reflash a Windows Mobile stock or custom ROM but this will remove MAGLDR from your HD2.

What is cLK and what does it do?

Well like MAGLDR, cedesmitjh's Little Kernel (cLK) is a custom bootloader for the HTC HD2. But unlike MAGLDR though, cLK just boots NAND Android ROMs for the HD2 not any other OS's or SD card builds. Also cLK is a open sourced project so anyone can help contribute to the on going development of it, unlike MAGLDR which is closed sourced. XDA senior member cedesmith originally created cLK but several great devs, such as arif-ali, have help get cLK to the stable and very usable bootloader it is now. If you would like to see who some of the other devs that or helping develop cLK go the cLK thread and read the short cridets list at the bottom of post #1. You will have to read through the thread though to see just how many devs and exactly what devs have been involved with cLK.

With cLK the HD2 has the ability to be pretty much just like a native Android device. You do not see it boot up while powering on the HD2. You can use Andriod SDK fastboot commands on the HD2 with cLK just like a native Android device. You can also use ROM Manager (can be found in the Android Market) with cLK too. With ROM manager it works hand and hand with CWM so you truly no longer need a computer to download and change ROMs, change Kernels, make and manage Nandroid backups, check for ROM updates, and even flash upated versions of CWM all from within your Android ROM. It also lets you boot straight into recovery. Last but not least cLK supports charging while the HD2 is powered off (MAGLDR :confused:) so you don't have to worry about your battery dieing and you having to buy a external charger, borrow a friends HD2, or take more drastic measures (mutilate a USB cable) to charge your battery enough to boot your HD2.

With cLK it runs in sussesion of the original SPL bootloader so you can easily revert back to Windows Mobile 6.5, flash a new radio, flash a new splash screen, or even flash MAGLDR.

I have found no evidence that cLK can help unlock the extra 128MB of RAM on the EU HD2's.
So all you EU HD2 users you will only have 448MB of RAM when using cLK. Also it is not a restiction on the HSPL or radio version you can use with cLK, but I still suggest HSPL 2.08, HSPL3.03, and radio 2.07.50.xx or higher just to be safe.

To access cLK after you have installed a Android ROM, while powering on your HD2 you have to hold down any key except the power key to get the console to come up. You hold down the home key to boot to recovery while powering on. And you hold down the back key to put your HD2 into fastboot mode so you can enter fastboot commands from your computer.

Source of information
[15MAR][BOOTLOADER]+[RECOVERY] cLK v1.3.3 Google

How to install cLK

Just like all other custom software for the HD2 you need HSPL flashed to your HD2, I suggest HSPL 2.08 or HSPL 3.03. I also suggest you have a radio version 2.07.50.xx or higher, this is not required as far as I know but it could not hurt. Now to install cLk you need to go to the cLK thread and download "cLK_1.3.3_system_150M_cedesmith.zip" from the bottom of post #3 of the thread, or if you want the most up to date version go to post #1395 and download "cLK_1.4.0.1_layouts_arif.zip" Next you will need go to post #844 of the thread and download the "CustomRUU.zip" file. Next creat a folder named cLk or whatever you want to name it and extract the files from both the zip files the folder you created. I have a attached zip file at the bottom of this post if this is too complicated for you, but I hope is not as this is the easy part of cLK. Next put your HD2 into bootloader by holding the volume button down while powering on your HD2. Connect your HD2 to your computer via USB cable and wait for the Serial in the white bar of bootloader to change to USB. Then open the file you created and right click on the Custom RUU and select run as administrator. Follow the on screen instructions and when your HD2 reboots click finished on your computer and you have flashed cLK. Go to post #3 "How to install CWM using cLK" of this thread to learn how to flash CWM to your HD2 now.

Video thanks to XDA Senior Member 96edwy​

Edit. I attached several cLK v1.4.0.1 files with rar files with the custom RUU included with them at the bottom of post #2. I have a 100MB partion, a 150MB partion, a 200MB partion, a 260MB patition, a 300MB partion, a 360MB partition, and a 400MB partition. But you can download the 1.4.0.1 cLK and combine any of the included .nbh files with the custom RUU to flash cLK v1.4.0.1 just chose the partition size you need. It has .nbh files with 80Mb partitions all the way up to 400MB partitions. I just made rar files with the most common ones to make it easier on people. I also left the cLK 1.3.3 with custom RUU.zip for anyone that wants to use it, it is a 150MB partition.

Flashing cLK via SD card
This works best on 8GB SD cards or lower formated with Fat 32. Go to the cLK thread and download the "cLK_1.3.3_system_150_cedesmith.zip" file from the bottom of post #3 of the thread. Extract the files from the zip file to a location you can find. Then copy the RUU_signed.nbh file to the root of your SD card and then rename it to LEOIMG.nbh. Then insert your SD card into your HD2, if you used a SD card reader to transfer the file to your SD card. Power on your HD2 while holding the volume down button down until you see searching on your HD2's screen and release the volume button. Follow the on screen instructions to finish flashing cLK. Go to the post #3 "How to install CWM using cLK" of this thread to learn how to flash CWM to your HD2 now.

Last edited:

T-Macgnolia

Sep 30, 2010
Shannon, Ms.
The rest of the guide.

What is Clockwork Mod Recovery, and how do I use it?

Clock Work Mod Recovery is a little program that allows us HD2 owners to flash Android ROMs via SD card (the Android way) and not just by using the USB Flasher option #5 in MAGLDR. CWM is a custom recovery for native Android devices . (Would the HD2 have it any other way?)For those of you that have had a native Android device may have experienced using CWM before and will be familiar with it. CWM allows those out there that want to run Android ROMs on their HD2 the ability to apply updates via SD card, format petitions of the NAND memory, install Android ROMs via SD card, install kernels in .zip format via SD card (any .zip as long as it is recovery flashable zip format) create Nandroid backups, restore their HD2 with Nandroid backup, allows you to go into recovery mode just like a native Android device, and allows you to do a factory reset of your HD2. The reset is just for the Android ROM it will not reinstall Windows Mobile to your HD2. To navigate CWM use the up and down volume buttons to scroll up and down, use the send button to select an option, and the back arrow button to go back out of a sub menu and back to the main menu.

This is the main menu of CWM v3.0.0.5

-reboot system
-apply update from sdcard
-wipe data/factory reset
-wipe cache partition
-install zip from sdcard
-backup and restore
-mounts and storage
-advanced
-power off

Ok so what is all of that you say?

Reboot system
This option will let you reboot your HD2 from CWM. Highlight this option and press the send button and your HD2 will reboot.

Apply update from SD card
This option allows you the ability to install updates via your SD card, install kernels, install ROMs, themes, appa etc. You simply copy the update.zip file to the root of your SD card (it has to be named update.zip) using option #4 USB Flasher in MAGLDR or the mount and storage option in CWM. Then scroll down to highlight this option in the main menu of CWM and press the send button. This bringsnup a confirmation screen, scoll down and highlight Yes -- Install/sdcard/update.zip press the send button and it will install the update.

Wipe data/factory reset
This option allows you to wipe all user data from your HD2 effectively resetting your HD2 to the way it was when you istalled the Android ROM on it. It also wipes any sd.ext partition. Select this option and then scroll down to Yes -- delete all user data and press the send button this will reset your HD2. Make sure you make a Nandroid back up using the backup and restore option of CWM before doing this as this is not reversible.

Wipe cache partition
This option allows you to clean the cache partition of your HD2. It is a good idea to use this befor you install a ROM, kernel, or any custom mod to your HD2. Scroll down to highlight this option press the send button, then scroll down to highlight Yes – Wipe Cache press send button and it will wipe your cache.

Install zip from SD.
This option has four sub menu options in it, I will cover them shortly. They are the following.

-apply/sdcard/update.zip

-choose zip from sdcard
-toggle signature verification
-toggle script asserts

Backup and restore
This option has three sub menu options in it, again I will cover them shortly. They are as follows.

-Backup

-Restore
-Advanced Restore

Mounts and storage
This option has 12 sub menu options in it, all of these options are pretty much self explanatory. All the mount options simply allow you to mount or unmount the respective partition. All the format options do just that allows you to format the respective portitions. Warning if you use any of these options it will be a total wipe of that partition therefore if you choose format system it will leave you with no ROM and format boot in a native Android device would leave you with no bootloader and will brick a native Android device if a bootloader is not reinstalled before reboot. We HD2 users have to use MGLDR or cLK to boot Android, but we also still have our original bootloader too. The last option allows you to transfer data to or from your SD card via USB connection, if it is the first time you use it you will have to let the drivers load and it should show up in Devices and Printers on your computer as Android Phone. You can also view the contents of your SD card this way. Here is how the options look. To select any of these options just scroll to it to highlight the option and press the send button, for the format options you will have to select Yes – Format but remember these are not reversible once done, and last for the mount USB option you will have to connect your HD2 via USB cable and remember to press send to unmounts your card before unplugging your USB cable

-mount/data

-mount/cache
-mount/sdcard
-mount/sd-ext
-format boot
-format system
-format cache
-format sdcard
-format sd-ext
-mount USB storage

Advanced
This option has eight sub menu option in it, again I will cover these shortly. They are as follows

-Reboot Recovery

-wipe Dalvik Cache
-Report Error
-Key Test
-Partition SD Card
-Fix Permissions

Ok that gives you a good overview of the main menu in CWM. Now let us look at all the sub menus minus the mounts and storage sub menu of course.

Install zip from SD card

-apply/sdcard/update.zip

This does the same as the apply update from sdcard option in main menu of CWM and you follow the same directions as it after you highlight and press the send button to select it.

-choose zip from sdcard

This option allows you to flash your Android ROM via SD card, kernels, apps, you name it as long as it is in the recovery flashable zip formate. You simple copy the .zip file to the root of your SD card using option #4 USB Mass Stg of MAGLDR or mounts and storage option in CWM. Boot into MAGLDR then boot CWM via option #2 Boot AD SD or option #8 AD Recovery of MAGLDR depending on the way you installed CWM. Then scroll down to highlight install zip from sdcard in the main menu press the send button to select it, then scroll down to choose zip from sdcard to high light it and press the send button to select it, then scroll through the contents of yout SD card until you highlight the zip file for your ROM and press the send button and it will flash the ROM to your HD2.

Toggle signature verification

This option does just that, it allows you to toggle signature verification on or off depending on what it says in the highlighted area when you press the send button to select it. This is for allowing custom ROMs and other custom or nonofficial software on native android devices but really has no use in the HD2 as it is not a native Android device and has no official ROM so every ROM is a custom ROM and any Android related software installed to it is unofficial.. To use this just press the send button to toggle it on and again to toggle it off while you are on the screen for this option as it will be the only highlighted option. Just to be safe I would not turn the verification on, who knows what it might do lol.

Toggle script asserts

This option does just that, it toggles script asserts on and off depending on what it says in the highlighted area when you press the send button to select it. Script asserts is a way for the ROM package to check values if you will while it is being flashed if the values of the compared components do not match then the installation will halt and give an error message. So this is something mostly for devs to use I suggest if you are not a dev just leave this alone. To use this just press the send button to toggle it on and again to toggle it off while you are on the screen for this option as it will be the only highlighted option.

Backup and restore

Backup

This option allows you to make a Nandroid Backup of your HD2. It creates a backup for boot, system, data, cache, and sd-ext partitions. You can use this Nandroid backup to restore your settings and user information and the such, pretty much everything you will need to make the phone just like you had it before you had to reset it or flashed a new ROM. To make a backup boot into MAGLDR and choose option #2 Boot AD SD or option #8 AD Recovery in MAGLDR, which ever one you have to use depending on the way you installed CWM, and boot into CWM. Next scroll down to backup and restore to highlight it and press the send button to select it, press the send button again as backup will be the default option highlighted and let your phone complete making a backup file. The backup file is stored on your SD card.

Restore

This option allows you to restore all of your personal information and settings using a Nandroid backup file you made by using the backup option above. This restore does a complete restore of all boot, system, data, cache and sd-ext partitions. This translate into you having the same phone you had before you reset the phone or flashed a new ROM. To do a restore boot into MAGLDR and choose option #2 Boot AD SD or option #8 AD Recovery in MAGLDR, which ever one you have to use depending on the way you installed CWM, and boot into CWM. Next scroll down to backup and restore to highlight it and press the send button to select it, then scroll down to restore to highlight it and press the send button to select it. Then highlight the backup you want to use if you have more than one backup file on your SD card and press the send button to select it and the phone will then restore your settings and information to the phone. (Note if you are restoring to a new/different ROM do not use this option, go to advance restore and only restore the data and cache, as if you restore the boot and system you will just have the same ROM again as boot restores your Lenuix kernel and system restors your ROM.)

Advanced Restore

This option allows you to restore just like regular restore but it could be call selective recovery as it lets you choose which part of the backup you want to use to backup your settings and information from. Example if you want to just use the cache partition and the data partition files from the backup Advanced Restore will allow you to do this. To use Advanced Restore boot into MAGLDR and choose option #2 Boot AD SD or option #8 AD Recovery in MAGLDR, which ever one you have to use depending on the way you installed CWM, and boot into CWM. Next scroll down to backup and restore to highlight it and press the send button to select it, then scroll down to Advanced Restore to highlight it and press the send button to select it. Then scroll to highlight the partition you want to use to backup with and press the send button to select it. The phone will restore only the files that were in that partition. If you want to use more than just one partition you will have to navigate back to Advanced Restore from the main menu of CWM as when the restore is complete it will go back to the main menu of CWM.

Data restores your personal information.
Cache restores your settings and any other cached information.
System restores your ROM.
( So do not restore this if you changing ROMs)
Boot restores your Lenuix kernel .
(So do not restore this if you are changing ROMs)

Advanced

Reboot Recovery

This option simple just reboots your phone from CWM. In native Android devices this would take reboot you straight back into Recovery but being as the HD2 has to boot into bootloader then MAGLDR it can not do this. (We HD2 owners are still crossing our fingers though) Press the send button to select it as it is the default highlighted option when you go to Advanced.

Wipe Dalvik Cache

This option allows you to clear the Delvik cache on your phone. Dalvick cache is a cache area for a program named Delvik. This program is a java based virtual machine. This program is the bases for running programs with the .apk extension. The cache is a result of the optimization of running programs. It is recommended to wipe this cache any time you are going to flash a new ROM as you might encounter issues if you don’t. It is not advised to wipe this cache any other time as it might might make your system sluggish or buggy until it rebuilds the cache.

Wipe Battery Stats

This option allows you to clear your battery stats in/data, it is believed that if you fully charge your battery to 100% then wipe your battery stats and drain your battery completely down, then completely charge it to 100% again it recalibrates your battery and helps battery life. To do this just scroll down while in advanced sub menu to Wipe Battery Stats to highlight it and press the send button to select it.

Report Error

This Option allows you to create and save a log of CWM’s operations to your SD card that can be used with Android ROM manager. Highlight this option and press the send button to create the log.

Key Test

This option allows you to test the external hardware buttons (keys). Highlight this option and press the send button to select it. Once selected you can press all the hardware keys and get the corresponding value for it. After all the keys have been press you will return to the main menu of CWM. YOU should get these values.

Up volume button=Key:115
Down volume button=Key:114
Send button=231
Home button=Key:102
Windows Start button=Key:139
Back button=Key:158
End button=Key:107

Partition SD

This option allows you to be able to petition your SD card so you can take advantage of ROMs that support data2ext which allows you to use some of your SD card as the /data partition. This is internal data that contains user information. Warning using this option will wipe all data and contents of your SD card, so make a backup copy of it before you use this option. To use this option highlight it and press the send button and a list of Partition sizes will come up just choose the appropriate partition size for you. Here is a list of the partition sizes.

Ext Size
-128M
-256M
-512M

Fix Permissions

This option allows you to fix the file permissions for internal memory partitions. This is useful if your HD2 starts to give errors and force closes, as these are sometimes caused by apps that have root access. Just highlight this option and that’s right you guessed it press the send button to select it lol.

This concludes the run down off Clock Work Mod Recovery for the HTC HD2. Here is my sources for this information. [01 FEB][RECOVERY] ClockworkMod Recovery for HD2 - v1.3[FONT=&quot], [/FONT]update-script syntax - A guide for ROM devs, modders, and themers[FONT=&quot], [/FONT]Android forums[FONT=&quot], [/FONT]wipe battery and rotate stats[FONT=&quot],[/FONT] What Is ClockworkMod Recovery And How To Use It On Android [Complete Guide], and last but not least Google.

Last edited:

T-Macgnolia

Sep 30, 2010
Shannon, Ms.
How to install Clock Work Mod Recovery to your HTC HD2 using MAGLDR

To install CWM to your HD2 you must first have HSPL 2.08 installed and MAGLDR installed on your HD2. See the above to install both. There is two ways to install CWM to your HD2. I will give instructions on both.

New WAY

Download the appropriate partition size recovery.zip file , check the first post by the ROM dev in the ROM thread for their suggested partition size. Go the CWM thread to download and see more instructions on how to install. Once you have the .zip file downloaded extract the contents of the zip file to the location and folder of your choosing. Next power on your HD2 but keep the power button pressed down to enter MAGLDR. Scroll down to option #5 USB flasher and connect it via USB cable to your computer. Give it a minute to install any drivers necessary and then right click on the DAF in the folder you extracted the files to and click on run as administrator. Let the progress bar on your computer and HD2 complete to 100% then click close on the last window of the installer. Your HD2 will automatically reboot it’s self but hold down the power button as it boots back up to bring up MAGLDR again. Scroll down to AD Recovery and press the send button and CWM will boot.

Old Way

Download the appropriate partition size .zip file for SD boot, check the first post by the ROM dev in the ROM thread for their suggested partition size. Go the CWM thread to download and see more instructions on how to install. Once you have the .zip file downloaded extract the contents of the zip file to the location and folder of your choosing. Next power on your HD2 but keep the power button pressed down to enter MAGLDR. Scroll down to option #4 USB Mass Stg and connect it via USB cable to your computer. Give it a minute to install any drivers necessary and then open the file you extracted the files to. Open the file copy_to_sd_root and then copy both initrd.gz and zImage to the root of your SD card. Scroll to opyion #2 Boot AD SD and press the select button to select it. This will boot CWM

How to install CWM using cLK

To install CWM after you have flashed cLK to your HD2 you have to download and installJava JDK (needed for the Android SDK) and Andriod SDK. After Android SDK installs a couple of windows will pop up. Look for the one that says "Choose Packages to Instal", you only have to accept "Android SDK-Tools"and "Google USB Drivers", but you can accept more if you want. When the packages are done installing open "Environment Variables". To do this go to Start\right click on computer\ Properties\Advanced System Settings\ Environment Variables. In the lower section of the Environment Variables window scroll to "Path" and then click edit. In the "Variable Value" text box go all the way to the end of the text and type in, C:\Program Files\Android\android-sdk\platform-tools;.You have to include the semicolon at the end of it. Click ok on the "Edit System variables", "Environment Variables", and" Advanced System Settings" windows so you changes will be saved. Next go to post #355 of the cLK thread and download the "cLK_recovery_1.3.3_3.0.1.9.zip" file. Extract the files from this file to the tools folder in C:prograqm Files\Android\android-sdk\tools. Now navigate to the that location and hold down the Shift button and right click anywhere in the window and select "Open Command Window Here" and a command window should open with that directory in it already. Now connect your HD2 via USB cable to your computer. If the USB drivers do not auto install, then go to Start\Control Panel\Device Manager and right click on "Android" and select update drivers. Then choose "Browse my computer for driver software". Navigate to the C:program Files\Android\android-sdk\extra\google\usb_drivers then click ok then click install. When the drivers are installed you should see "fasttboot processing commands" on your HD2 screen, if you don't the drivers are not installed. Next you need to type in these commands in the command window.

fastboot erase recovery And press enter
You should get a comfirmation a time elasped. Next type the following.
fastboot flash recovery clk_recovery_1.3.3_3.0.1.9.img And press enter
You should get another comfirmation and time elasped. Next type the following .
fastboot reboot This will reboot your HD2, hold down the home key to go to CWM

Now you can flash a Android ROM using CWM. Hint do not do a restore with a Nandroid backup that was made using a MAGLDR ROM as oit will cause issues. Also if you want to flash a updated CWM version download ROM Manager from the Android Market and use it to flash the updated CWM.

Thanks to XDA senior member Newman180 for his guide.

If you are getting a error saying your computer can not find or does not have a AdbWinApi.dll file then go to post #45 of this thread by XDA member Falkenbat.

Updated version of clk with CWM built in

If you are having trouble installing Clockwork Mod Recovery via fastboot commands, or if you just want the most recent version of clk. Then go and check out the most recent version posted in the thread XDA Recognized Developer Rick_1995. i this version of clk CWM is built into clk and is flashed to your HD2 when you flash clk. Plus it has a added Hboot screen so the HD2 has a clk interface that is just like the bootloader inteface that a HTC device that runs Android natively has. He also gives a pretty good break down on the differences of MAGLDR and clk.

Radio info

It was mentioned that I a should add some information on radios so here it is. I did a good bit of searching and could only find basic info on the radios. Basically as it says in the, "The HTC HD2 Master Radio Thread" the radio is software that controls the radio interfaces for your HD2 and other devices. These interfaces include WiFi, Bluetooth, GPS,GPRS, GSM, UMTS and even the new LTE and WiMax being rolled out. So you see how the radio can help or hinder your reception depending on how old are new your radio version is and where you live in the world. The radio also has some control over the camera function as well, exactly how it does I do not know so please do not ask. check my sources and you will see what I mean. I will add more to this if I can find the information. The international HD2s with 448 MB of ram can flash pretty much any radio version but don't just take my word for it do your own research as a wrong radio will brick your phone. Also the international HD2s have to have a 2.08.50.xx radio or highe for them to unlock the extra ram of 576 MB. (Thanks to XDA senior member Kholk for the master radio thread., and senior member samsamuel for the info about unlocking the extra ram!)

Warning to all TMOUS HD2 owners you can not flash a 2.04,50.xx, 2.05.50.xx, or any x.xx.51.xx version radio to your HD2.This includes radio ROM verision that are included in a ROM. These radio versions will brick/ KILL a TMOUS HD2!!!!!

Sources for this info are "The HTC HD2 Master Radio Thread" and the XDA wiki.

This is the end of my Guide, I hope this is helpful to people Peace to all. Don’t forget the thanks button.

Change Log:

Originally posted guide on April 4th 2011

Added Radio information April 5th 2011

Added cLK information and the installation guide for cLK and CWM using fastboot commands. Attached cLK 1.3.3 custom RUU.zip file. May 3rd 2011

Attached cLK 1.4.0.1 100MB to 400MB partition.rar. Also edited guide so close to all the available post space is at the bottom of post #3. July 5th 2011

Added Link in post #1 to HD2 NAND Toolkit by XDA Recognized Developer ksubedi, sorry no date for this one.

Added cLK install video by XDA Senior Member 96edwy, big thanks. Added link in post #1 to the EasyAndroid toolkit by XDA Senior Member kevin134. Added Change log. August 23rd 2011

Added info and link for the updated clk with built in CWM April 7, 2012

Last edited:

silverwind

Mar 2, 2010
Neverending Land
Wow, this is really a useful and practical guide or reference to help users..

I will put in in my signature for easy reference...

Thanks and cheers :)

T-Macgnolia

Sep 30, 2010
Shannon, Ms.
Maybe you should add radio info also. :eek:
Well more in depth I mean. xD

I will do some proper research and see what I can come up with. ;)

Any particular thing or just radios in general? :rolleyes:

Thanks and cheers

Thanks glad you liked it and that is the reason I wrote it was to try and help out HD2 users and maybe even a few Android users as to what all CWM is and what you can do with it. :)

***reserved for future comment****

Still waiting on your post Backlashsid. :)

kompheak

Jun 17, 2010
fresno
great job with the detailed informations. make me understand more how my hd2 run and why we need what we need to get our hd2 to where its at now. :)

Kailkti

Apr 7, 2010
Kingston
Ah thanks. I asked for it so the guide would be informative in all areas. But like all guides it'll prolly get ignored by most noobs, due to the "feeling that they are being overwhelmed by the information"... -_-"
For those who do read it they'll be grateful so that they don't "accidentally" brick their device.
Good job btw. ^-^ Oh btw, in the radio info you have ram instead of rom, beside the 1024 part.

Reactions: joeHd2

T-Macgnolia

Sep 30, 2010
Shannon, Ms.
Ah thanks. I asked for it so the guide would be informative in all areas. But like all guides it'll prolly get ignored by most noobs, due to the "feeling that they are being overwhelmed by the information"... -_-"
For those who do read it they'll be grateful so that they don't "accidentally" brick their device.
Good job btw. ^-^ Oh btw, in the radio info you have ram instead of rom, beside the 1024 part.

Thanks for the nice comments and I will fix the error you mentioned. Oh and I am working on adding info on cedesmith's (L)ittle (K)ernel bootloader v1.3.1 (clK) too.

Kailkti

Apr 7, 2010
Kingston
Ah I forgot about cLK too. Always admired/appreciated that piece of work. Sadly never had the time to try it out since I dun have my HD2 with me now... T.T

mcgam2000

Mar 30, 2009
Deep South Texas USA
Thanks so much for all this information, Although I have been building and hacking computers for almost 30 years, I still have a lot to learn before I attempt to do similar on my HTC HD2

Mcgam2000

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    What is HSPL, MAGLDR , cLK, and Clock Work Mod Recovery and how do you use them?

First off I want to take time to thank XDA senior members Cotulla and Bepe and the whole Dark Forces Team for creating HSPL and MAGLDR. Also I want to thank XDA senior member Cedesmith for his cLK bootloader for Android and XDA senior member RaiderX303 for creating Clock Work Mod Recovery . With out these programs for the HD2 it would never have reached the legendary status it has reached.

This is not a guide on how to install/flash a NAND Android ROM or how to install/flash Windows Phone 7 on the HTC HD2. This guide is meant to help educate people on what these tools are, what their function is, and how to install them on the HTC HD2.

If you are looking for a guide on how to install a NAND Android ROM on the HTC HD2 then go here or here for NAND Android guides. For a guide on how to install Windows Phone 7 on the HTC HD2 go here. Thanks to senior XDA member MSkip, junior member Gunjahman, and member Omarza for the guide. Thanks to senior member Darrengladysz for the dual booting WP7 and Android guide that is linked in descriptiion of option #2 of MAGLDR. Thanks to senior member MysticGenuis for the MTTY guide I linked in option #6 of MAGLDR.

Edit, I added radio info and a warning to TMOUS users at the bottom of post #3. Also be sure to checkout the all in one flashing/installing tool by XDA Recognized Developer ksubedi.

Also check out XDA Senior Member kevin134's Step by step toolkit for NANDroid.

Easy Android

HSPL what is that and why do I need it?

On the HD2 it comes stock with what is called SPL which stands for Secondary Program Loader. SPL is paired with the IPL(Initial Program Loader) to make the bootloader of the HD2 and other smartphones and PDA devices. The bootloader is the first thing to load up on your HD2 when it is turned on. It boots up the device hardware and other things into memory before the ROM starts. The bootloader also allows the flashing of a new ROM, splash screens, and radio versions to the device. The SPL and IPL that make up the bootloader are much like the BIOS of your computer and can be modified.

With that being said HSPL stands for Hard Secondary Program Loader. HSPL is a modified bootloader that disables the CID check that is run at the start of a ROM flash so you can flash official ROMs without having to use a Gold Card. It also disables the NBH signature check that is run when you flash a ROM so you can flash a unsigned /custom ROM image or any other unsigned NBH file like MAGLDR or cLK. HSPL does not get over written like SPL does when flashing a signed NBH that contains a SPL via RUU. This translates to HSPL does not get over written when you flash a official ROM via USB. HSPL makes flashing a little safer too as it reduces the chances of bricking your HD2 by flashing the wrong SPL version. It does not help protect against bricking a HD2 from flashing a wrong radio version.

Important!

If you have a TMOUS HTC HD2 you only flash HSPL 2.08 or 3.03 to your HD2. If you have a international HTC HD2 with 448MB of ram and want to flash a 3.14 based Windows Mobile ROM. You need to flash HSPL 3.03 as 3.14 ROMs on a international HTC HD2 require SPL 3.03.0000 or HSPL 3.03 are you will have problems with your HD2 not functioning properly Plus it is one of the two requirements to unlocking the extra RAM for your HD2, the other is a radio version 2.07.50.xx or up.

So that should help you understand what HSPL is and why you need it. My sources for this information is the [HSPL/HSPL2] HowTo flash everythingand the XDA Wiki glossary.

How to Flash HSPL to your HTC HD2

To install any SPL or HSPL there must be any SPL version from this list on your device:

SPL 1.42.0000
    SPL 1.62.0000
    SPL 1.66.0000
    SPL 2.07.0000
    SPL 2.08.0000
    SPL 2.10.0000
    SPL 3.03.0000

Otherwise the installation will fail!

First go to here to download HSPL 4. I suggest HSPL 4 because it supports all SPL versions that are out right now including SPL 3.03.0000 and SPL 3.10.0000. Remember you can also use HSPL 4 to flash back to your original SPL. Once you have HSPL 4 downloaded use a zip program like WinZip, WinRar, or Win7 to extract the .exe file for the DFT installation utility to a location of your choosing on you computer. Take and put your HD2 manually into bootloader by holding the volume down button down while powering on your HD2. When you see the multicolor bootloader screen on your HD2 connect it to your computer via USB cable. If it is the first time you have connected it to your computer while in bootloader you will have to give it a minute or two for the drivers to install. When you see the Serial in the white bar of bootloader change to USB you have a HTC USB Sync connection between your HD2 and your computer. This is very important, make sure you have the latest ActiveSync or Windows Mobile Device Center version (depending on what version of Windows your computer uses) installed on your computer as it has the updated USB drivers for the HTC USB Sync connection. Go to here to download these. When you see the USB in the white bar of bootloader right click on the HSPL 4 utility and select run as administrator. Follow the on screen instructions and select the desired HSPL version when it prompts you for what version you want to install. If you want to flash MAGLDR to install NAND Android or Windows Phone 7 you have to select 2.08 HSPL. When you see “We hacked it” on your HD2 screen you click yes on your computer in the box on the screen to confirm you see “We hacked it” then click close and you have flashed HSPL to your HTC HD2.

What is MAGLDR , why do I need it, and what does it do?

Ok so you want to know what MAGLDR is, well MAGLDR is a custom made bootloader that allows you to boot deferent OS’s directly from NAND. This bootloader was developed by the Dark Forces Team and is a closed source software that is still being developed but is free to use. MAGLDR is so much more than a bootloader though. It is disigned to work with both the T-Mobile HD2 and the EU HD2 there for it will unlock the hidden 128 MB of RAM for the EU HD2 when combined with a 2.07.50.xx or above radio. Also you have to have a 2.07.50.xx or higher radio or MAGLDR will not even boot up.

The MAGLDR bootloader boots up after or should I say in succession of the original bootloader on the HD2, so you still have the original bootloader on your HD2 and can still use it to reflash a Windows mobile ROM at anytime. To navigate through the options on the main menu you use the up and down volume buttons, the send button is the select button , and the end button is the back button. To boot into MAGLDR you have to keep the power button pressed down while your HD2 powers on. Also remember you can not charge your HD2 while in MAGLDR you have to boot into your ROM to charge your HD2, and then you can only charge your HD2 while it is powered on as long as MAGLDR is installed on it. The current version of MAGLDR is v1.13 and this is what is in the main menu of MAGLDR.

aMAGLDR V1.13
    Build: Feb 1 2011 03:46:07
    by Cotulla 2011

1. Boot WPH
    2. Boot AD SD
    3. Boot AD NAND
    4. USB Mass Stg
    5. USB Flasher
    6. USB TTY
    7. AD Hard reset
    8. AD Recovery
    9. Tetris
    10. Services
    11. Reset
    12. Power Down

Ok now I know you are saying what is all those options for. Well let me start at the beginning here.

Option #1

Boot WPH, this is what you select if have a Windows Phone 7(WP7) ROM installed to NAND and you are booted up into MAGLDR but want to boot into your WP7 ROM.

Option #2

Boot AD SD, this allows you to boot into Android from SD card. You also use this to boot Android from SD card if you have WP7 ROM or a Android ROM in NAND.( Go to here for a tutorial on how to do this.) This option also allows you to boot other Android specific software such as Clock Work Mod Recovery(CWM) that you have placed specific files for on your SD card. This option is not really needed for CWM as you no longer have to place files for it on your SD card you can flash it straight to NAND.

Option #3

Boot AD NAND, this option allows you to boot into your NAND Android ROM you have flashed if you have booted into MAGLDR.

Option #4

USB Mass Stg, this option gives you the ability to use your SD card as a Mass Storage/Removable drive when you are booted up into MAGLDR and your HD2 is connected via USB cable to your computer. You use this option to transfer files from your computer to your SD card or from your SD card to your computer.

Option #5

USB Flasher, this option allows you to flash a ROM be it Android or WP7 to NAND , or any other program or software that requires a USB connection to install. You can not flash Windows Mobile, a new radio, or a splash screen to your HD2 using this option of MAGLDR, you have to use the original (SPL/HSPL) bootloader to do this. Connect to your computer via USB cable after you select this option to use it.

Option #6

USB TTY, this option puts MAGLDR into TTY mode which allows you the ability to ability to dump dmesg after crash and etc, but this option will be mainly for developers when it is up and running. Presently it is not functional just yet as it still requires drivers to be found or developed. It will also give you the abilities equivalent to MTTY or Task 29 when it is up and running. ( Maybe in the next versionJ)

Option #7

AD Hard reset, this option allows you to hard reset your Android ROM and erase android partitions with "hr" in the flags. Also allows you to hard reset it you are using a WP7 ROM. (Anyone that used Windows Mobile long enough knows what a hard reset is :p)

Option #8

AD Recovery, this option allows you to do a systems recovery just like native Android devices and allows you to boot into CWM which is even more like a native Android device.

Option #9

Tetris, oh yes that is right you can play Tetris while booted into MAGLDR. Hey everybody has to have some fun somehow, and everybody likes Tetris right. Get 111111 score to unlock hidden MAGLDR feature, and no I have not done it and I do not know what the hidden feature is. Got to love a dev that thinks of everything lol.

Option #10

Services, this option has 5 sub options with 2 of those having 3 sub options of their own. I will get into them shortly.

Option #11

Reset, this option works just lick the reset button under the battery cover of the HD2. It allows you to reboot your HD2 while you are booted into MAGLDR. If you want to boot back into MAGLDR you have to hold the power button down when your HD2 is powering back on. If you want to just boot up you installed ROM you do nothing but let your HD2 boot up.

Option #12

Power Down, this option is self explanatory. You choose this option to turn your HD2 off while booted into MAGLDR.

Ok so that has the main menu covered, now let me go over the sub option in Option #10 of the main menu. Here is what is in the sub menu of Services.

Services

1. Boot Settings
    2. DMESG to SD
    3. Dump UD to SD
    4. Use Last 24 NAND
    5. Clear SD MBR

Ok I will go in order here so lets look at option #1 Boot Settings.

Option #1 of Services Boot settings

1. Boot Source
    2. Always Menu
    3. AD SD Dir

Option #1

Boot Source allows you to choose what source you want MAGLDR to boot your ROM from as default when you power on your HD2. You can choose Android from SD, Android from NAND, or WPH from NAND. This option is set automatically when you flash a ROM to NAND depending on if it is Android or WP7. This is the option that tells MAGLDR what it is to boot at boot up if you do not hold the power button down while powering up your phone to access MAGLDR.

Option #2

Always Menu, this option allows you to let MAGLDR to boot up and then automatically boot your ROM you have installed or to let MAGLDR boot up every time and you manually boot the ROM with either option #1, #2, or #3 from the main menu. Just press the send button if you want MAGLDR to boot up every time or press the end button if you do not want MAGLDR to boot up to the main menu everytime you boot up your HD2.

Option #3

AD SD Dir, this option gives you access to view the directories and most files on your SD card if you have Android installed to NAND on your HD2. It also lets you choose the SD card Android build you want MAGLDR to boot if you are dual booting WP& and Android from SD card.

Option #2 of Services DMESG to SD

DMESG is a shell command for the ash shell that ADB provides to run commands on a emulator or device. The DMESG command tells MAGLDR to store debugging messages to the SD card. This is useful for developers. This is also still in development so use at your own risk.

Option #3 of Services Dump UD to SD

Ok I have done a very good bit of research on this option. I am still not 100% sure what this option is for but this is what I found about it. In the thread for MAGLDR it say.,
    DumpUDtoSD" - dumps asize partition to SD card. BUGGY, SLOW and not tested. Don't use it.
    Now this does not say much to non-technically knowledgeable people. What I think this is for is to create a partition on the SD card for apps to SD for Android, or to create a partition on the SD card to be able to run Android from SD card. If I am wrong please someone let me know and I will change this.

Option #4 of Services Use Last 24 NAND

This option allows you to use the last 24 MB of NAND memory. Right now if you select this option you will lose it after a soft reset, this option is still experimental also.

Option #5 of Services Clear SD MBR

This option allows you to clear the MBR from your SD card. What is MBR you ask, MBR stands for Master Boot Record. MBR searches the partition table for the active partition, it then copies the active boot sector of that partition into memory and transfers control over to that program. The MBR runs whenever you boot your HD2.

Here are my sources for this information. [DFT]MAGLDR 1.13 released! [AD RECOV support added][FONT=&quot], [/FONT]Leo/Magldr-HTC-Linux-Mozilla, Android developers, Dark Forces Team-Places for Android newbies, tech-faq.com , and last but not least Google.

How to flash MAGLDR to a HTC HD2

To flash MAGLDR to your HD2 , and this is very important, you must first have HSPL 2.08 flashed to your HD2 and you have to have a radio version 2.07.50.xx to 2.15.50.14. If you do not have HSPL 2.08 the flash will fail, and if you do not have radio version 2.15.50.14 or 2.14.50.02 MAGLDR will not show up on your HD2 even if it was sussefully flashed.. Download MAGLDR v1.13, when you extract the zip file it will create a folder named “MAGLDR113_DAF” so choose where you want to extract t the files to and let it extract the files. Next navigate to where you extracted the MAGLDR113_DAF to and open the file. Put your HD2 into bootloader by pressing and holding down the volume down button while powering on your HD2. Connect your HD2 to your computer via USB cable and wait until Serial in the white bar of the bootloader screen to change to USB then right click “RomUpdateUtility” that is in the MAGLDR113_DAF file and select run as administrator. Follow the instructions of the ROM update utility and when the progress bar on the computer screen and your HD2 reach 100% your computer will show in the ROM update utility it is finished click close on the ROM update utility box on your computer screen and you have MAGLDR on your HD2, your HD2 should automaticly reboot into MAGLDR. Also do not unplug your USB cable until your HD2 has rebooted itself.

Flash MAGLDR via SD Card

You can also flash MAGLDR via SD card just like you can a Windows Mobile ROM. Just open the MAGLDR113_DAF file and copy the magldr.nbh file to the root of your SD card. Once it is copied change the name of the file on your SD card to LEOIMG.nbh. Power off your HD2 and then reboot your HD2 keep the volume down button held down until you see searching on your HD2 screen then release. Follow the on-screen instructions and let it flash.

Note when you flash MAGLDR to your HD2 it wipes your current ROM from the HD2. So you will have a ROM less HD2 until you either flash a Android ROM or WP7 to your HD2. You can also reflash a Windows Mobile stock or custom ROM but this will remove MAGLDR from your HD2.

What is cLK and what does it do?

Well like MAGLDR, cedesmitjh's Little Kernel (cLK) is a custom bootloader for the HTC HD2. But unlike MAGLDR though, cLK just boots NAND Android ROMs for the HD2 not any other OS's or SD card builds. Also cLK is a open sourced project so anyone can help contribute to the on going development of it, unlike MAGLDR which is closed sourced. XDA senior member cedesmith originally created cLK but several great devs, such as arif-ali, have help get cLK to the stable and very usable bootloader it is now. If you would like to see who some of the other devs that or helping develop cLK go the cLK thread and read the short cridets list at the bottom of post #1. You will have to read through the thread though to see just how many devs and exactly what devs have been involved with cLK.

With cLK the HD2 has the ability to be pretty much just like a native Android device. You do not see it boot up while powering on the HD2. You can use Andriod SDK fastboot commands on the HD2 with cLK just like a native Android device. You can also use ROM Manager (can be found in the Android Market) with cLK too. With ROM manager it works hand and hand with CWM so you truly no longer need a computer to download and change ROMs, change Kernels, make and manage Nandroid backups, check for ROM updates, and even flash upated versions of CWM all from within your Android ROM. It also lets you boot straight into recovery. Last but not least cLK supports charging while the HD2 is powered off (MAGLDR :confused:) so you don't have to worry about your battery dieing and you having to buy a external charger, borrow a friends HD2, or take more drastic measures (mutilate a USB cable) to charge your battery enough to boot your HD2.

With cLK it runs in sussesion of the original SPL bootloader so you can easily revert back to Windows Mobile 6.5, flash a new radio, flash a new splash screen, or even flash MAGLDR.

I have found no evidence that cLK can help unlock the extra 128MB of RAM on the EU HD2's.
    So all you EU HD2 users you will only have 448MB of RAM when using cLK. Also it is not a restiction on the HSPL or radio version you can use with cLK, but I still suggest HSPL 2.08, HSPL3.03, and radio 2.07.50.xx or higher just to be safe.

To access cLK after you have installed a Android ROM, while powering on your HD2 you have to hold down any key except the power key to get the console to come up. You hold down the home key to boot to recovery while powering on. And you hold down the back key to put your HD2 into fastboot mode so you can enter fastboot commands from your computer.

Source of information
    [15MAR][BOOTLOADER]+[RECOVERY] cLK v1.3.3 Google

How to install cLK

Just like all other custom software for the HD2 you need HSPL flashed to your HD2, I suggest HSPL 2.08 or HSPL 3.03. I also suggest you have a radio version 2.07.50.xx or higher, this is not required as far as I know but it could not hurt. Now to install cLk you need to go to the cLK thread and download "cLK_1.3.3_system_150M_cedesmith.zip" from the bottom of post #3 of the thread, or if you want the most up to date version go to post #1395 and download "cLK_1.4.0.1_layouts_arif.zip" Next you will need go to post #844 of the thread and download the "CustomRUU.zip" file. Next creat a folder named cLk or whatever you want to name it and extract the files from both the zip files the folder you created. I have a attached zip file at the bottom of this post if this is too complicated for you, but I hope is not as this is the easy part of cLK. Next put your HD2 into bootloader by holding the volume button down while powering on your HD2. Connect your HD2 to your computer via USB cable and wait for the Serial in the white bar of bootloader to change to USB. Then open the file you created and right click on the Custom RUU and select run as administrator. Follow the on screen instructions and when your HD2 reboots click finished on your computer and you have flashed cLK. Go to post #3 "How to install CWM using cLK" of this thread to learn how to flash CWM to your HD2 now.

Video thanks to XDA Senior Member 96edwy​

Edit. I attached several cLK v1.4.0.1 files with rar files with the custom RUU included with them at the bottom of post #2. I have a 100MB partion, a 150MB partion, a 200MB partion, a 260MB patition, a 300MB partion, a 360MB partition, and a 400MB partition. But you can download the 1.4.0.1 cLK and combine any of the included .nbh files with the custom RUU to flash cLK v1.4.0.1 just chose the partition size you need. It has .nbh files with 80Mb partitions all the way up to 400MB partitions. I just made rar files with the most common ones to make it easier on people. I also left the cLK 1.3.3 with custom RUU.zip for anyone that wants to use it, it is a 150MB partition.

Flashing cLK via SD card
    This works best on 8GB SD cards or lower formated with Fat 32. Go to the cLK thread and download the "cLK_1.3.3_system_150_cedesmith.zip" file from the bottom of post #3 of the thread. Extract the files from the zip file to a location you can find. Then copy the RUU_signed.nbh file to the root of your SD card and then rename it to LEOIMG.nbh. Then insert your SD card into your HD2, if you used a SD card reader to transfer the file to your SD card. Power on your HD2 while holding the volume down button down until you see searching on your HD2's screen and release the volume button. Follow the on screen instructions to finish flashing cLK. Go to the post #3 "How to install CWM using cLK" of this thread to learn how to flash CWM to your HD2 now.
    How to install Clock Work Mod Recovery to your HTC HD2 using MAGLDR

To install CWM to your HD2 you must first have HSPL 2.08 installed and MAGLDR installed on your HD2. See the above to install both. There is two ways to install CWM to your HD2. I will give instructions on both.

New WAY

Download the appropriate partition size recovery.zip file , check the first post by the ROM dev in the ROM thread for their suggested partition size. Go the CWM thread to download and see more instructions on how to install. Once you have the .zip file downloaded extract the contents of the zip file to the location and folder of your choosing. Next power on your HD2 but keep the power button pressed down to enter MAGLDR. Scroll down to option #5 USB flasher and connect it via USB cable to your computer. Give it a minute to install any drivers necessary and then right click on the DAF in the folder you extracted the files to and click on run as administrator. Let the progress bar on your computer and HD2 complete to 100% then click close on the last window of the installer. Your HD2 will automatically reboot it’s self but hold down the power button as it boots back up to bring up MAGLDR again. Scroll down to AD Recovery and press the send button and CWM will boot.

Old Way

Download the appropriate partition size .zip file for SD boot, check the first post by the ROM dev in the ROM thread for their suggested partition size. Go the CWM thread to download and see more instructions on how to install. Once you have the .zip file downloaded extract the contents of the zip file to the location and folder of your choosing. Next power on your HD2 but keep the power button pressed down to enter MAGLDR. Scroll down to option #4 USB Mass Stg and connect it via USB cable to your computer. Give it a minute to install any drivers necessary and then open the file you extracted the files to. Open the file copy_to_sd_root and then copy both initrd.gz and zImage to the root of your SD card. Scroll to opyion #2 Boot AD SD and press the select button to select it. This will boot CWM

How to install CWM using cLK

To install CWM after you have flashed cLK to your HD2 you have to download and installJava JDK (needed for the Android SDK) and Andriod SDK. After Android SDK installs a couple of windows will pop up. Look for the one that says "Choose Packages to Instal", you only have to accept "Android SDK-Tools"and "Google USB Drivers", but you can accept more if you want. When the packages are done installing open "Environment Variables". To do this go to Start\right click on computer\ Properties\Advanced System Settings\ Environment Variables. In the lower section of the Environment Variables window scroll to "Path" and then click edit. In the "Variable Value" text box go all the way to the end of the text and type in, C:\Program Files\Android\android-sdk\platform-tools;.You have to include the semicolon at the end of it. Click ok on the "Edit System variables", "Environment Variables", and" Advanced System Settings" windows so you changes will be saved. Next go to post #355 of the cLK thread and download the "cLK_recovery_1.3.3_3.0.1.9.zip" file. Extract the files from this file to the tools folder in C:prograqm Files\Android\android-sdk\tools. Now navigate to the that location and hold down the Shift button and right click anywhere in the window and select "Open Command Window Here" and a command window should open with that directory in it already. Now connect your HD2 via USB cable to your computer. If the USB drivers do not auto install, then go to Start\Control Panel\Device Manager and right click on "Android" and select update drivers. Then choose "Browse my computer for driver software". Navigate to the C:program Files\Android\android-sdk\extra\google\usb_drivers then click ok then click install. When the drivers are installed you should see "fasttboot processing commands" on your HD2 screen, if you don't the drivers are not installed. Next you need to type in these commands in the command window.

fastboot erase recovery And press enter
    You should get a comfirmation a time elasped. Next type the following.
    fastboot flash recovery clk_recovery_1.3.3_3.0.1.9.img And press enter
    You should get another comfirmation and time elasped. Next type the following .
    fastboot reboot This will reboot your HD2, hold down the home key to go to CWM

Now you can flash a Android ROM using CWM. Hint do not do a restore with a Nandroid backup that was made using a MAGLDR ROM as oit will cause issues. Also if you want to flash a updated CWM version download ROM Manager from the Android Market and use it to flash the updated CWM.

Thanks to XDA senior member Newman180 for his guide.

If you are getting a error saying your computer can not find or does not have a AdbWinApi.dll file then go to post #45 of this thread by XDA member Falkenbat.

Updated version of clk with CWM built in

If you are having trouble installing Clockwork Mod Recovery via fastboot commands, or if you just want the most recent version of clk. Then go and check out the most recent version posted in the thread XDA Recognized Developer Rick_1995. i this version of clk CWM is built into clk and is flashed to your HD2 when you flash clk. Plus it has a added Hboot screen so the HD2 has a clk interface that is just like the bootloader inteface that a HTC device that runs Android natively has. He also gives a pretty good break down on the differences of MAGLDR and clk.

Radio info

It was mentioned that I a should add some information on radios so here it is. I did a good bit of searching and could only find basic info on the radios. Basically as it says in the, "The HTC HD2 Master Radio Thread" the radio is software that controls the radio interfaces for your HD2 and other devices. These interfaces include WiFi, Bluetooth, GPS,GPRS, GSM, UMTS and even the new LTE and WiMax being rolled out. So you see how the radio can help or hinder your reception depending on how old are new your radio version is and where you live in the world. The radio also has some control over the camera function as well, exactly how it does I do not know so please do not ask. check my sources and you will see what I mean. I will add more to this if I can find the information. The international HD2s with 448 MB of ram can flash pretty much any radio version but don't just take my word for it do your own research as a wrong radio will brick your phone. Also the international HD2s have to have a 2.08.50.xx radio or highe for them to unlock the extra ram of 576 MB. (Thanks to XDA senior member Kholk for the master radio thread., and senior member samsamuel for the info about unlocking the extra ram!)

Warning to all TMOUS HD2 owners you can not flash a 2.04,50.xx, 2.05.50.xx, or any x.xx.51.xx version radio to your HD2.This includes radio ROM verision that are included in a ROM. These radio versions will brick/ KILL a TMOUS HD2!!!!!

Sources for this info are "The HTC HD2 Master Radio Thread" and the XDA wiki.

This is the end of my Guide, I hope this is helpful to people Peace to all. Don’t forget the thanks button.

Change Log:

Originally posted guide on April 4th 2011

Added Radio information April 5th 2011

Added cLK information and the installation guide for cLK and CWM using fastboot commands. Attached cLK 1.3.3 custom RUU.zip file. May 3rd 2011

Attached cLK 1.4.0.1 100MB to 400MB partition.rar. Also edited guide so close to all the available post space is at the bottom of post #3. July 5th 2011

Added Link in post #1 to HD2 NAND Toolkit by XDA Recognized Developer ksubedi, sorry no date for this one.

Added cLK install video by XDA Senior Member 96edwy, big thanks. Added link in post #1 to the EasyAndroid toolkit by XDA Senior Member kevin134. Added Change log. August 23rd 2011

Added info and link for the updated clk with built in CWM April 7, 2012
    The rest of the guide.

What is Clockwork Mod Recovery, and how do I use it?

Clock Work Mod Recovery is a little program that allows us HD2 owners to flash Android ROMs via SD card (the Android way) and not just by using the USB Flasher option #5 in MAGLDR. CWM is a custom recovery for native Android devices . (Would the HD2 have it any other way?)For those of you that have had a native Android device may have experienced using CWM before and will be familiar with it. CWM allows those out there that want to run Android ROMs on their HD2 the ability to apply updates via SD card, format petitions of the NAND memory, install Android ROMs via SD card, install kernels in .zip format via SD card (any .zip as long as it is recovery flashable zip format) create Nandroid backups, restore their HD2 with Nandroid backup, allows you to go into recovery mode just like a native Android device, and allows you to do a factory reset of your HD2. The reset is just for the Android ROM it will not reinstall Windows Mobile to your HD2. To navigate CWM use the up and down volume buttons to scroll up and down, use the send button to select an option, and the back arrow button to go back out of a sub menu and back to the main menu.

This is the main menu of CWM v3.0.0.5

-reboot system
    -apply update from sdcard
    -wipe data/factory reset
    -wipe cache partition
    -install zip from sdcard
    -backup and restore
    -mounts and storage
    -advanced
    -power off

Ok so what is all of that you say?

Reboot system
    This option will let you reboot your HD2 from CWM. Highlight this option and press the send button and your HD2 will reboot.

Apply update from SD card
    This option allows you the ability to install updates via your SD card, install kernels, install ROMs, themes, appa etc. You simply copy the update.zip file to the root of your SD card (it has to be named update.zip) using option #4 USB Flasher in MAGLDR or the mount and storage option in CWM. Then scroll down to highlight this option in the main menu of CWM and press the send button. This bringsnup a confirmation screen, scoll down and highlight Yes -- Install/sdcard/update.zip press the send button and it will install the update.

Wipe data/factory reset
    This option allows you to wipe all user data from your HD2 effectively resetting your HD2 to the way it was when you istalled the Android ROM on it. It also wipes any sd.ext partition. Select this option and then scroll down to Yes -- delete all user data and press the send button this will reset your HD2. Make sure you make a Nandroid back up using the backup and restore option of CWM before doing this as this is not reversible.

Wipe cache partition
    This option allows you to clean the cache partition of your HD2. It is a good idea to use this befor you install a ROM, kernel, or any custom mod to your HD2. Scroll down to highlight this option press the send button, then scroll down to highlight Yes – Wipe Cache press send button and it will wipe your cache.

Install zip from SD.
    This option has four sub menu options in it, I will cover them shortly. They are the following.

-apply/sdcard/update.zip

-choose zip from sdcard
    -toggle signature verification
    -toggle script asserts

Backup and restore
    This option has three sub menu options in it, again I will cover them shortly. They are as follows.

-Backup

-Restore
    -Advanced Restore

Mounts and storage
    This option has 12 sub menu options in it, all of these options are pretty much self explanatory. All the mount options simply allow you to mount or unmount the respective partition. All the format options do just that allows you to format the respective portitions. Warning if you use any of these options it will be a total wipe of that partition therefore if you choose format system it will leave you with no ROM and format boot in a native Android device would leave you with no bootloader and will brick a native Android device if a bootloader is not reinstalled before reboot. We HD2 users have to use MGLDR or cLK to boot Android, but we also still have our original bootloader too. The last option allows you to transfer data to or from your SD card via USB connection, if it is the first time you use it you will have to let the drivers load and it should show up in Devices and Printers on your computer as Android Phone. You can also view the contents of your SD card this way. Here is how the options look. To select any of these options just scroll to it to highlight the option and press the send button, for the format options you will have to select Yes – Format but remember these are not reversible once done, and last for the mount USB option you will have to connect your HD2 via USB cable and remember to press send to unmounts your card before unplugging your USB cable

-mount/data

-mount/cache
    -mount/sdcard
    -mount/sd-ext
    -format boot
    -format system
    -format cache
    -format sdcard
    -format sd-ext
    -mount USB storage

Advanced
    This option has eight sub menu option in it, again I will cover these shortly. They are as follows

-Reboot Recovery

-wipe Dalvik Cache
    -Report Error
    -Key Test
    -Partition SD Card
    -Fix Permissions

Ok that gives you a good overview of the main menu in CWM. Now let us look at all the sub menus minus the mounts and storage sub menu of course.

Install zip from SD card

-apply/sdcard/update.zip

This does the same as the apply update from sdcard option in main menu of CWM and you follow the same directions as it after you highlight and press the send button to select it.

-choose zip from sdcard

This option allows you to flash your Android ROM via SD card, kernels, apps, you name it as long as it is in the recovery flashable zip formate. You simple copy the .zip file to the root of your SD card using option #4 USB Mass Stg of MAGLDR or mounts and storage option in CWM. Boot into MAGLDR then boot CWM via option #2 Boot AD SD or option #8 AD Recovery of MAGLDR depending on the way you installed CWM. Then scroll down to highlight install zip from sdcard in the main menu press the send button to select it, then scroll down to choose zip from sdcard to high light it and press the send button to select it, then scroll through the contents of yout SD card until you highlight the zip file for your ROM and press the send button and it will flash the ROM to your HD2.

Toggle signature verification

This option does just that, it allows you to toggle signature verification on or off depending on what it says in the highlighted area when you press the send button to select it. This is for allowing custom ROMs and other custom or nonofficial software on native android devices but really has no use in the HD2 as it is not a native Android device and has no official ROM so every ROM is a custom ROM and any Android related software installed to it is unofficial.. To use this just press the send button to toggle it on and again to toggle it off while you are on the screen for this option as it will be the only highlighted option. Just to be safe I would not turn the verification on, who knows what it might do lol.

Toggle script asserts

This option does just that, it toggles script asserts on and off depending on what it says in the highlighted area when you press the send button to select it. Script asserts is a way for the ROM package to check values if you will while it is being flashed if the values of the compared components do not match then the installation will halt and give an error message. So this is something mostly for devs to use I suggest if you are not a dev just leave this alone. To use this just press the send button to toggle it on and again to toggle it off while you are on the screen for this option as it will be the only highlighted option.

Backup and restore

Backup

This option allows you to make a Nandroid Backup of your HD2. It creates a backup for boot, system, data, cache, and sd-ext partitions. You can use this Nandroid backup to restore your settings and user information and the such, pretty much everything you will need to make the phone just like you had it before you had to reset it or flashed a new ROM. To make a backup boot into MAGLDR and choose option #2 Boot AD SD or option #8 AD Recovery in MAGLDR, which ever one you have to use depending on the way you installed CWM, and boot into CWM. Next scroll down to backup and restore to highlight it and press the send button to select it, press the send button again as backup will be the default option highlighted and let your phone complete making a backup file. The backup file is stored on your SD card.

Restore

This option allows you to restore all of your personal information and settings using a Nandroid backup file you made by using the backup option above. This restore does a complete restore of all boot, system, data, cache and sd-ext partitions. This translate into you having the same phone you had before you reset the phone or flashed a new ROM. To do a restore boot into MAGLDR and choose option #2 Boot AD SD or option #8 AD Recovery in MAGLDR, which ever one you have to use depending on the way you installed CWM, and boot into CWM. Next scroll down to backup and restore to highlight it and press the send button to select it, then scroll down to restore to highlight it and press the send button to select it. Then highlight the backup you want to use if you have more than one backup file on your SD card and press the send button to select it and the phone will then restore your settings and information to the phone. (Note if you are restoring to a new/different ROM do not use this option, go to advance restore and only restore the data and cache, as if you restore the boot and system you will just have the same ROM again as boot restores your Lenuix kernel and system restors your ROM.)

Advanced Restore

This option allows you to restore just like regular restore but it could be call selective recovery as it lets you choose which part of the backup you want to use to backup your settings and information from. Example if you want to just use the cache partition and the data partition files from the backup Advanced Restore will allow you to do this. To use Advanced Restore boot into MAGLDR and choose option #2 Boot AD SD or option #8 AD Recovery in MAGLDR, which ever one you have to use depending on the way you installed CWM, and boot into CWM. Next scroll down to backup and restore to highlight it and press the send button to select it, then scroll down to Advanced Restore to highlight it and press the send button to select it. Then scroll to highlight the partition you want to use to backup with and press the send button to select it. The phone will restore only the files that were in that partition. If you want to use more than just one partition you will have to navigate back to Advanced Restore from the main menu of CWM as when the restore is complete it will go back to the main menu of CWM.

Data restores your personal information.
    Cache restores your settings and any other cached information.
    System restores your ROM.
    ( So do not restore this if you changing ROMs)
    Boot restores your Lenuix kernel .
    (So do not restore this if you are changing ROMs)

Advanced

Reboot Recovery

This option simple just reboots your phone from CWM. In native Android devices this would take reboot you straight back into Recovery but being as the HD2 has to boot into bootloader then MAGLDR it can not do this. (We HD2 owners are still crossing our fingers though) Press the send button to select it as it is the default highlighted option when you go to Advanced.

Wipe Dalvik Cache

This option allows you to clear the Delvik cache on your phone. Dalvick cache is a cache area for a program named Delvik. This program is a java based virtual machine. This program is the bases for running programs with the .apk extension. The cache is a result of the optimization of running programs. It is recommended to wipe this cache any time you are going to flash a new ROM as you might encounter issues if you don’t. It is not advised to wipe this cache any other time as it might might make your system sluggish or buggy until it rebuilds the cache.

Wipe Battery Stats

This option allows you to clear your battery stats in/data, it is believed that if you fully charge your battery to 100% then wipe your battery stats and drain your battery completely down, then completely charge it to 100% again it recalibrates your battery and helps battery life. To do this just scroll down while in advanced sub menu to Wipe Battery Stats to highlight it and press the send button to select it.

Report Error

This Option allows you to create and save a log of CWM’s operations to your SD card that can be used with Android ROM manager. Highlight this option and press the send button to create the log.

Key Test

This option allows you to test the external hardware buttons (keys). Highlight this option and press the send button to select it. Once selected you can press all the hardware keys and get the corresponding value for it. After all the keys have been press you will return to the main menu of CWM. YOU should get these values.

Up volume button=Key:115
    Down volume button=Key:114
    Send button=231
    Home button=Key:102
    Windows Start button=Key:139
    Back button=Key:158
    End button=Key:107

Partition SD

This option allows you to be able to petition your SD card so you can take advantage of ROMs that support data2ext which allows you to use some of your SD card as the /data partition. This is internal data that contains user information. Warning using this option will wipe all data and contents of your SD card, so make a backup copy of it before you use this option. To use this option highlight it and press the send button and a list of Partition sizes will come up just choose the appropriate partition size for you. Here is a list of the partition sizes.

Ext Size
    -128M
    -256M
    -512M

Fix Permissions

This option allows you to fix the file permissions for internal memory partitions. This is useful if your HD2 starts to give errors and force closes, as these are sometimes caused by apps that have root access. Just highlight this option and that’s right you guessed it press the send button to select it lol.

This concludes the run down off Clock Work Mod Recovery for the HTC HD2. Here is my sources for this information. [01 FEB][RECOVERY] ClockworkMod Recovery for HD2 - v1.3[FONT=&quot], [/FONT]update-script syntax - A guide for ROM devs, modders, and themers[FONT=&quot], [/FONT]Android forums[FONT=&quot], [/FONT]wipe battery and rotate stats[FONT=&quot],[/FONT] What Is ClockworkMod Recovery And How To Use It On Android [Complete Guide], and last but not least Google.
    So here I am :)
    Hello everybody!

Introduction:
    Since a long time I follow a lot of threads in this forum, did the things mentioned in posts,guides etc., most of the time everything worked and I was happy - with my mda vario, with my artemis and now with my HD2. And if it didn't work, I tried some things for my own, read some newer posts with qs&as from other people, and then it worked again:) But I didn't post one word by myself, no "thx", no "i got this problem, but this solution helped for me".

For that I'm very sorry and with this post here I try to change that bad behavior!

T-Macgnolia, thank you very much for this great guide!! It was very detailed and informative and helped me a lot to understand things i'm doing better! :)

My "problem":
    Again I read every word in this thread^^ And as T-Macgnolia I thought for the same four reasons "Let's try clK!" :D
    I flashed it via microSD, installed the android sdk with tools and google usb driver for installing cwm. With my console on the laptop and the "fastboot:processing commands" shown on the HD2, I started typing in the fastboot commands...but...it did not work. It showed me a failure, cause it couldn't find "AdbWinApi.dll". I was like "What?? Did I forgot something of the guide?" but I did all the steps. I restartet, uninstalled and did everything again, and again this error.
    I looked in the commands of fastboot and found devices, which shows you all connected devices. But for me there was no device connected. Again I thought "What?? I can see my usb cable connecting my hd2 with the laptop right now!".

Solution:
    Now here is my little solution of this "problem". Maybe it will help someone like me^^.

In the android-sdk/platform-tools folder there is exactly this little "AdbWinApi.dll" and another one called "AdbWinUsbApi.dll". Just copy both of them(only "AdbWinApi.dll" wont work) into your system32 folder in c:\windows\ so your pc is happy, brings no errror again and yuhu..it shows a questionmark for my connected device in the console after you type fastboot devices..now every command should work :)

Again thank you for your research and everything. Cause of you, I now have clk with cwm on my phone and most of all now I better understand what I'm doing and what all these "shortcuts" like IPL,SPL,MAGLDR,... mean and can do :eek:)

Falkenbat
    Maybe you should add radio info also. :eek:
    Well more in depth I mean. xD

I will do some proper research and see what I can come up with. ;)

Any particular thing or just radios in general? :rolleyes:

Thanks and cheers

Thanks glad you liked it and that is the reason I wrote it was to try and help out HD2 users and maybe even a few Android users as to what all CWM is and what you can do with it. :)

***reserved for future comment****

Still waiting on your post Backlashsid. :)