CM10 Development for Kindle Fire HD 7"

Search This thread

Hashcode

Senior Recognized Developer
Sep 3, 2011
Its a bit more than just oveclocking/governors and performance tweaks. JB should really use all new PowerVR drivers and some additional ion memory driver tweaks. This provides most of the buttery smoothness that we've come to appreciate in JB. Also, the OS source for running camera/hd codecs has been updated to match and then where users look for additional support for OTG devices all happens at the kernel level.

When you cant change the kernel and grow with the OS that you're running, devs have to start hacking features in to work. and while in some cases this just how its done (locked bootloader phones with more security): in most cases the end result is always affected.

In our case, I may also need kernel changes to rewrite the fairly complicated and very proprietary audio driver. I'm still digging to see what my options are tho.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

persano

Nov 25, 2012
Buenos Aires

why the end

---------- Post added at 06:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:20 PM ----------

Its a bit more than just oveclocking/governors and performance tweaks. JB should really use all new PowerVR drivers and some additional ion memory driver tweaks. This provides most of the buttery smoothness that we've come to appreciate in JB. Also, the OS source for running camera/hd codecs has been updated to match and then where users look for additional support for OTG devices all happens at the kernel level.

When you cant change the kernel and grow with the OS that you're running, devs have to start hacking features in to work. and while in some cases this just how its done (locked bootloader phones with more security): in most cases the end result is always affected.

In our case, I may also need kernel changes to rewrite the fairly complicated and very proprietary audio driver. I'm still digging to see what my options are tho.

if you want some tweaks, take and modify my tweaks.

jailuis

Oct 3, 2012
jlrcdevteam.blogspot.com

Hey Hashcode, will you add OTG right of the bat or not? :) Would love to know. Thanks!

Hashcode

Senior Recognized Developer
Sep 3, 2011
I have this source. unfortunately, it looks nothing like what Amazon has in the kernel or uses in Android.

Its just going to take time.

Hinzman420

Oct 28, 2010
I know audio does not work or streaming video. Probably a lot more, those i know for sure.

Sent From My Rooted Kindle HD 7"

persano

Nov 25, 2012
Buenos Aires
no a custom rom, but is a customized rom, better that nothing

i have modified a lot amazon, and i will add my latest backup, modify it like you want, have all my tweaks, and some other tweaks like trim and min free (trim is the one that lag fix app uses)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Greetings all...

You may be aware that verygreen is working on CM10 development for the 8.9" Kindle Fire HD. I am also working on getting this working on the Kindle Fire HD 7".

What works:

-Almost nothing so far. I can get past the bootloader and CWM will run (Thanks, verygreen!), but the CM10 ROM still needs to be developed further. I can flash it, and it appears to complete, but nothing comes up on the screen.

Trust me, this will be a slow process, but it IS BEING WORKED ON!

I will post any progress that I make.

::UPDATES::

[12/4] I now have screen working. :)
    [12/5] Boots fully, but no touchscreen and the resolution appears to be wrong. (see image below.)

kfhd7cm10.jpg

[12/7] Touchscreen now works, but is off by 90 degrees.

[12/8] Basic functionality appears to be working now.
    Wifi works, and screen and softkeys are all working now too.

Check out the video:

[12/10] 210 seems to be the magic DPI number for this device. Thanks to all of you who suggested that.

[12/18] Link to instructions on how to install revrom_alpha1:
    http://www.reverendkyle.com/index.php/articles/177-how-to-install-cm10-alpha-on-kindle-fire-hd-7

Stay tuned...
    Not to de-rail, this thread anymore, but a very nice XDA user has shipped me his KFireHD7. Specifically to finish the kernel updates which would bring the 7 up to speed with the 8.9.

I am still quite busy but at least it's just a matter of time now.

I know it's taking a while for me to get a 7" HD build done; sorry for the loooong delay.

I'm fighting 1 kernel bug with display, and once that's fixed you guys will be caught up to the HD 8.9" cm10.1 build.

Which is now very usable with sound.

I'm going to post my stuff within the next day or two.
    Please don't fret folks, there will be progress.

Hashcode has helped me get his CM10.1 2nd-bootloader incorporated into my current ROM, plus there are others who are working on the kernel.

Be on the lookout for a new video from me.... soon ™.