[MOD][GUIDE]Philz Flashable Re-Partition Zip 16GB ONLY

How much data (documents/music, etc.) do you use?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread
Well I won't have a computer any time soon, but I'll try to get a friend's computer to rectify the mistake.

N7105 rocking AOSB with AGNi kernel,
Click "Thanks" if I was of any help!

You should remove the link or add a clear warning in OP that the zip won't work.
And add it again after you changed and tested it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    TOO LITTLE SPACE FOR YOUR APPS?
    No worries!
    Here the Re-Partition zip comes!
    MORE DATA FOR EVERYONE!

The usual forums rules applies here as well.
    2.1 Language: XDA is a worldwide community. As a result, what may be OK to say in your part of the world, may not be OK elsewhere. Please consider who is reading what you write and don't use profanity, sexually explicit language, rudeness or swearing. Conversely, while reading posts from other members, remember that the word you find offensive may not be offensive to the writer. Tolerance is a two-way street.

2.3 Flaming / Lack of respect: XDA is about sharing and this does not involve virtual yelling (flaming) or rudeness. Flaming or posting with a lack of respect is unacceptable. Treat new members in the manner in which you would like to have been treated when you were a new member. When dealing with any member, provide them with guidance, advice and instructions when you can, showing them respect and courtesy. Never post in a demanding, argumentative, disrespectful or self-righteous manner.

2.4 Personal attacks, racial, political and / or religious discussions: XDA is a discussion forum about certain mobile phones. Mobile phones are not racial, political, religious or personally offensive and therefore, none of these types of discussions are permitted on XDA.

Use the English language: We understand that with all the different nationalities, not everyone speaks English well, but please try. If you're really unable to post in English, use an online translator. You're free to include your original message in your own language, below the English translation. (This rule covers your posts, profile entries and signature).

2.5 All members are expected to read and adhere to the XDA rules.

How did Samsung partition the Note (N7000 16GB)?
    Code:
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4]CACHE: Start:54.5MB End:264MB Size:210MB[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4]

FACTORYFS: Start:281MB End:1174MB Size:893MB[/SIZE][/FONT][SIZE=4]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS] DATAFS: Start:1174MB End:3322MB Size:2147MB[/FONT]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS] UMS: Start:3322MB End:11.9GB Size:11.9GB[/FONT]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS] HIDDEN: Start:11.9GB End:15.8GB Size:537MB[/FONT][/SIZE]
    As you can see, the DATAFS partition only has 2147MB, hardly enough for much games or resource heavy apps. e.g. Facebook (30~100MB) Spotify (100~300+MB), and so, we need much more space to store these apps.

People might redirect you to download .pit files and ODIN, but as always, using ODIN is, to say the least, quite risky. Well, this method does NOT require ODIN, cables or a computer!

DISCLAIMER:
    Your warranty is now void.

I am not responsible for:
    • Bricked devices
    • Dead SD Cards
    • Thermonuclear War
    • or...
    • You getting fired because your alarm clock wasn't working due to a bricked device.
    If you have any concerns or questions, please do some research and/or ask questions. YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you. Hard. A lot.
    Now that I've got everything clear, let's get into the juicy stuff...

This file basically reduces the space assigned to cache and preload partitions and reassigns that extra space to your internal sdcard.

What is preload?

Used for storing Samsung's pre-loaded bloatwares like some wallpapers and "Wonders of Nature" video that you find on your phone after a factory reset or after buying a new phone.

Reducing the cache partition:

Cache basically stores the apps from Google play while they are downloading. Google Play apks has a maximum size of 50MB, so reducing it won't matter.
    What To Download?

• If your ROM does not use /preload to store any files, download the file with the tag (Non-Preload ROMs).
    • Download Partition Table app from the Play Store and check /preload. If it has more than 100MB used, your ROM needs preload.
    • If you need more apps than data (documents, music etc.), download the 10/11GB Data Partition files.
    • If you need more data than apps, download the 9GB UMS Partition files.

How do I do this?

It's like flashing any ordinary zip file! Follow the steps to not brick your phone!

Downloads are at the bottom of the post.
    Your computer will not be needed for this guide!

1. Download Philz recovery. Use the latest stable version available. Check here.
    2. Make a nandroid backup to your EXTERNAL SD CARD. Make sure this backup is working.
    3. Flash Philz from recovery.
    4. Flash the zip file. (Currently only 16GB model)
    5. After rebooting to recovery (it's auto), you will see some mounting errors. Relax, nothing's wrong. Go into mounts and storage and format /system, /data, /sdcard0 and /preload. Do not format anything else.
    6. Restore your nandroid/install a new ROM (You can flash your original recovery back now.)
    7. $$$PROFIT$$$

Questions are welcome!
    Credits:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ***THIS IS NOT WORKING AT THE MOMENT***
    Bugs squashed, should be good-to-flash. Happy flashing, make sure to follow the steps! Good luck.

Great Job @Irwenzhao !!!

Now we can safely do partition without having to risk odin. An advice though, I think it's not allowed to post direct download link to philz.. Have u asked for permission? Or maybe you should just state what vers. of recovery is to be used and post a link to philz thread? Just a friendly reminder. Thank you for your hard work. Cheers!
    Is this the same as the pit file thing? Sorry for sounding like a noob...

No, this uses Philz Recovery to repartition, thus removing the risk of unstable connections through a cable.

Bugs squashed, should be good-to-flash. Happy flashing, make sure to follow the steps! Good luck.

Excellent thank! :good: