HD2 Keyboard National layout LT (Lithuanian). Cursor keys swaped,vibro reduced

Search This thread

linuxis

Jul 21, 2008
Vilnius
National Lithuanian for standart HD2 keyboard (Ezinput) Full QWERTY Layout.
  • Cursor keys swaped (up, right etc..)
  • Cursor keys moved to left side of the keyboard
  • Vibro reduced to 1
  • National keys added (long press).
  • TAB key instead of XT9
  • Click volume reduced

No more need for FingerKeyboard or other :) if you do not demand much from the keyboard :)
Unistallable, so you can easily revert to original.
Haven't tested without policy disabled (unasigned apps). Perhaps you need to set this option with BsB Tweaks to install the cab.

v2.3 Landscape cursor keys on left side.
v3.1 Landscape cursor keys location something like on fingerkeyboard :)

Tool that helps to modify keyboard - XmlGui: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=551813

If you like may work you can buy me some beer :)
Donate if you like my work.

Attachments

• Screen002.jpg
    Screen002.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 2,134
  • Screen003.jpg
    Screen003.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 1,704
Last edited:

linuxis

Jul 21, 2008
Vilnius
Not that I would need it, cause I only use english keyboard for everything more or less, but good job anyway! :)

It's not a problem to make better english version!!! If someone needs it is possible :) Just ask.

What I did - everything exept "national keys" are useful for everyone- lowered vibro, lowered sound, space moved to right, cursor key placed in first row. It is more comfortable for me.
I do not understand what the guys who made keyb were thinking about - in original layout space not reachable with right thumb, vibro too strong sound to loud - in 10 mins that things become anoying :)

And whats funny if i rotate screen 270 degrees - keyboard rotates also - but the keys that pop on press a not rotated, I mean they stay as on 90 degrees rotation layout ha ha ha :)
Why I'm telling that- on HD2 default layout would be more comfortable using 270 but not 90 as is .... Strange why cursor keys are on right side because that position is more comfortable to be on left..on 90 Try...

Is there anybody who can help/give me information about that damn HTC keyboard. I have some ideas but still didn't find out how to do (eg. how to make space of bigger width - where is the png that is used for space button ?)
Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

pankov

Mar 9, 2008
Sofia
linuxis,
it's nice to see your work.
I'd like to know how did you make it, because I'd like to make something similar but I'd like to experiment a little ... and probably make a full Bulgarian layout.
What's required to accomplish this?

pspbirte

Dec 12, 2009
I would be cool if you could make a keyboard with easy access to "æ, ø, å" for us danish users... I would seriously call you my god if you could pull that off :)

linuxis

Jul 21, 2008
Vilnius
linuxis,
it's nice to see your work.
I'd like to know how did you make it, because I'd like to make something similar but I'd like to experiment a little ... and probably make a full Bulgarian layout.
What's required to accomplish this?

If you have a tool look inside the cab. Basically these files are modified.

0C09.xml
0D09.xml
1C00.xml
LQ_Bg.png
LQ_Bg_Inv.png
PQ_Bg.png
PQ_Bg_Inv.png
LQSym_Bg.png
LQSym_Bg_Inv.png

All layout is in xml files, they inside has links to the images.
By the images you can say what layout they represend.

LQ - Landscape
PQ - portrait
LQSym - numeric keyboard layout

xxx.xml xxx - code of the language you modify.

xml structure is very simple, just layout tag/ page tag (several pages eg in numeric layout)/ key tags with coordinates. You can find key by key ID, and change the key or the values on long key press.

I think that is enough to start.

linuxis

Jul 21, 2008
Vilnius
I would be cool if you could make a keyboard with easy access to "æ, ø, å" for us danish users... I would seriously call you my god if you could pull that off :)

I just need to know what symbols shoud be placed where :) and what layout is the best for the danish symbols because I do not know danish . I mean - first row-long press (like lithuanian layout) or "æ" on "a" longpress ? And the symbols also needed.

R

rettinn

I just need to know what symbols shoud be placed where :) and what layout is the best for the danish symbols because I do not know danish . I mean - first row-long press (like lithuanian layout) or "æ" on "a" longpress ? And the symbols also needed.

Based on your information in this tread, I did make a Norwegian/Danish layout. Thank you very much to pull me in the rigth direction.
It's available here:

http://www.diskusjon.no/index.php?showtopic=1163736&st=2780&p=15366818&#entry15366818

endursa

Dec 26, 2008
Linz
i'd like a german layout with the € symbol at the e key, the arrows in landscape on the other side, disabled xt9 key and the rest standard :) would it be possible?
or could you share the base files so i can mod them myself ? :)

endursa

Dec 26, 2008
Linz
nice :) i managed to do the mods for myself, at least the mods with changing the keys!

but as i saw the layout editing isn't that hard either, just redo all coords and the png file :)
nice linuxis for your inspiration!

but i asked myself, if it is possible to do smiles on a long press function, as i understood the xml code, it's not that easy cause a normal <char> tag prints all the keys while a <LP_char> tag gives the option to choose ...

linuxis

Jul 21, 2008
Vilnius
nice :) i managed to do the mods for myself, at least the mods with changing the keys!

but as i saw the layout editing isn't that hard either, just redo all coords and the png file :)
nice linuxis for your inspiration!

but i asked myself, if it is possible to do smiles on a long press function, as i understood the xml code, it's not that easy cause a normal <char> tag prints all the keys while a <LP_char> tag gives the option to choose ...

One more tip for modders - check this tool XmlGui: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=551813

It also helps for changing keyboard layout :)

Tubgirl

Nov 5, 2009
Can somebody please upload 0C09.xml and 0D09.xml from a standard US keyboard, please? The files are located in the Windows directory.

Thanks... /TubGirl