Walking dead.... I can't be the only one

Search This thread

gatorlounge

Dec 4, 2008
Ok I'm using newest energy cht rom radio 2.12.50 and shubcraft froyo android build with 384 zimage....

Heres the problem that I have had all week my phone works fine when I am stationary minimal screen freezes great speed but when I get up and walk with my phone and try to use it the screen freezes almost every time then the entire phone freezes. I have also noticed this on elevator and when I step out of my car.. this is weird and I know it can't be just me as its been going on for a week now.

So to sum it up stationary best phone ever...walking phone dead and I wanna slam it on the ground.

Sent from my HTC HD2 using XDA App

miko3d

Jun 17, 2006
Im having same issues,with all the version i have tried, including V5 aparently this screen freezing is a known issue and makes the use of Android in our HD2 very very frustrating.

ive upgraded my SD to a class 6 and still suffering from it :(

Im wondering if there is a program that causes it or its just the OS...

in any case We have to be patient ,im sure pretty soon the amazing developers will come with a solution.

miko3d

Jun 17, 2006
Just came back from street, again same issue.
I thought it may be the network connection that was affecting the phone, so i switched to Airplane mode and turn off automatic updates,still this didnt help...

so im beginning to think this is related to yes,either the screen rotation (maybe as we walk it does affect the sensor )or gps..

hazard99

Jun 13, 2009
Just came back from street, again same issue.
I thought it may be the network connection that was affecting the phone, so i switched to Airplane mode and turn off automatic updates,still this didnt help...

so im beginning to think this is related to yes,either the screen rotation (maybe as we walk it does affect the sensor )or gps..

I've just learned to deal. Its better than SoD's or being in Winmo and having to pull the battery out.

gatorlounge

Dec 4, 2008
I actually noticed it today as I went from a dark room to a very well lit room so Im with u guys it seems its either rotation issue or light sensor issue andvi have no doubt in my mind the devs will have it fixed in no time just didn't see it mentioned anywhere else so figured it was worth a mention. Thanks all I'm so glad I'm not alone on this one.

inoxlc

Feb 16, 2010
I am having the same issue - using ChuckyDroidROM + shubCRAFT CM6RC2, basically when I start moving or even moving the phone the touch screen becomes very unresponsive and sometimes even the hardware buttons don't function properly. At first I thought it was just my device until I saw this post...

da_prophit

Nov 19, 2007
London
Think its a bug with manusfreedoms 384mb ram enabled Zimage dident get this problem using past images.
sure it will be sorted next image release.

Last edited:

Sichroteph

Mar 15, 2009
I thought i was alone in this case too !
We are not a lot with that screen touch lag, so maybe we did something wrong. Here is what i found so far :
-Changing build don't rix the problem
-tried another radio, another rom...nothing.
I tested 27/07 03/08 cotulla zimage, now manufeeedom 382mo zimage-nopc, the problem is still here.
changed from a class 2 to a class 4 and seems to be worse. (!)

You are right, it seems to be worse when i am moving from one room to another so maybe it is gsensor related.
Right now it is hard for me to type that text,

Don't know what to do... buy a class 10 sdcard ?

pandam00nium

Apr 3, 2010
I just got my HD2 today and got android set up. I'm noticing the same thing as everyone else with the unresponsive touchscreen. It happens every time I tilt the phone to try to change the screen rotation. Usually hitting the hardware button allows it to respond once again, but it happens quite often.

wingtytn

hey hey hey first and formost i see u guys all hav the same issuse what i dont see is ur device info along with the rom, radio, android verison, and the location ur android is stored ... i have the lates verison of droid v5 also energy with cookie full and my radio is 2.8 i believe android is on the sd card and running smooth ... now that the intro is out of the way hav u guys read what was needed , reason askin i found the thread where the question and answer is... and yes u guys are the only ones... now please do a search go up to the first thread of android on hd2, and good day to u all

Last edited:

Sichroteph

Mar 15, 2009
Wingtytn, can you be more precise in your answer ? I am a quite long user in Xda, always try to help when i know and i never ask a question wich have been answered somewhere. I don't think i have the noob profile you seems to write. If you think about formatting sdcard, of course i did. I have a 2.08 radio, latest shubcraft build with manufreedom 382mo zimage. My rom was changed to a light android dedicated one, the latest chuckydroid rom. Just don't know what else to do and waste a lot of time trying to fix that from myself.

shu8i

Nov 4, 2009
New Jersey
The TS issue is kernel related, that's why using an older kernel say the no speedy one should fix it. This is also the reason why this issue is being seen over multiple builds.

Sichroteph

Mar 15, 2009
The TS issue is kernel related, that's why using an older kernel say the no speedy one should fix it. This is also the reason why this issue is being seen over multiple builds.

Thanks a lot shu8i, i will try an older zimage than the 27/07's cotulla.
Edit : Mmh exact same problem with the 23/07 zimage Cotulla_zImage_CABDET_NOSPEEDDY. That is weird.
I will order a clas 10 sdcard and see what happen...

Last edited:

DuperMan

Oct 22, 2007
Try the game ”Runners”. It uses both the camera and the g-sensor and freezes mad anytime, anywhere. Huge affirmation to the idea it's a bug of the g-sensor's or otherwize the screen's drivers.

DuperMan

proalius

Mar 16, 2007
Me too with screen freezes, i had tried all builds and same result. I think this is a problem with SD access because i noticed more freezes as more apps opened in backgroud.

Sichroteph

Mar 15, 2009
Found something ...
try disabling auto-rotation feature (settings -> display)
It works perfectly for me now.

Can you confirm that works for you too?

Did you dind a way to calibrate g-sensor on froyo?

Why the auto-rotation feature hangs so much for us?