Got to play with an epic today!

Search This thread

lookout4theyeti

Feb 7, 2009
I work at the sprint store in legacy village mall in ohio. one of my superiors was in today and brought along an epic the company gave him.. I was quite impressed. Got a few hours hands on. Camera looks much better than evo in low light but I think the evo deals with white balance better. Also the camera app for the epic has some cool options like panoramic shots. Screen looks great as it should. One thing I didn't like was the keyboard. Much like engadget said, its too flat. I had a hard time quickly typing on it. the epic is also about the same thickness as my evo (with body glove case) which impressed me for a qwerty slider. Would like it better if the width and length were a bit smaller. its like holding an evo with a smaller screen so no bonus points there.

Overall, very solid phone. Not gonna trade my evo for it though.

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA App

smashpunks

Aug 6, 2010
Portland
I work at the sprint store in legacy village mall in ohio. one of my superiors was in today and brought along an epic the company gave him.. I was quite impressed. Got a few hours hands on. Camera looks much better than evo in low light but I think the evo deals with white balance better. Also the camera app for the epic has some cool options like panoramic shots. Screen looks great as it should. One thing I didn't like was the keyboard. Much like engadget said, its too flat. I had a hard time quickly typing on it. the epic is also about the same thickness as my evo (with body glove case) which impressed me for a qwerty slider. Would like it better if the width and length were a bit smaller. its like holding an evo with a smaller screen so no bonus points there.

Yes you will, and you will like it....lol

ConceptVBS

Jun 28, 2010

You will like the Epic.
You will like the Epic.
You will like the Epic.

Ditch the EVO.
Ditch the EVO.
Ditch the EVO.

I will ditch the EVO.
I will ditch the EVO.
I will ditch the EVO.

I will get the EPIC.
I will get the EPIC.
I will get the EPIC.

:)

NeonMonster

Jan 26, 2010
Los Angeles
I was thinking the keyboard looks a tad flat for MY tastes, but it still is the best keyboard on any high end phone.

Its MUCH better than the Droid/Droid2 keyboard which is hardly anything more than non-existant buttons which I absolutely hate.

I think the EVO is great. But not as awesome as the Epic!

heygrl

Nov 20, 2009
Las Vegassss
I was thinking the keyboard looks a tad flat for MY tastes, but it still is the best keyboard on any high end phone.

Its MUCH better than the Droid/Droid2 keyboard which is hardly anything more than non-existant buttons which I absolutely hate.

I would never say that after dealing with a Touch Pro 2 and it's super flat and spaced out keyboard. I HATED every minute of it. The best keyboard I've played with recently has the be the one on the CLIQ but it's obviously not high-end.

BeerChameleon

Aug 21, 2008
Tucson,Arizona.
I would never say that after dealing with a Touch Pro 2 and it's super flat and spaced out keyboard. I HATED every minute of it. The best keyboard I've played with recently has the be the one on the CLIQ but it's obviously not high-end.

Disagreeing with you there the touch pro 2 keyboard is fantastic and the epics keyboard looks almost identical in the design. if the epic has the same type of click as the touch pro 2 it will be such an easy transition and awesome keyboard. :)

shep211

Retired Forum Moderator
Sep 19, 2007
Layton, Ut

If having the best gpu does not matter to you then I would never change a evo for a epic.

2kidz

Aug 4, 2009
Disagreeing with you there the touch pro 2 keyboard is fantastic and the epics keyboard looks almost identical in the design. if the epic has the same type of click as the touch pro 2 it will be such an easy transition and awesome keyboard. :)

i too think the epic's keyboard and the tp-2 keyboard are almost identical! i love the keyboard on my tp-2 so i'm sure i wont have any problem adjusting to my new epic!

orateam

Jun 20, 2005
Orlando

Have you really seen the Droid2 keyboard? I'm not going to get a droid2, but wow, that was the best keyboard i've ever seen/felt. With raised rubbery keys, it was like a mini typewriter for my thumbs.

droid-2-keyboard1.jpg

shep211

Retired Forum Moderator
Sep 19, 2007
Layton, Ut
Someone needs to give you a free Epic 4G. Your mind will change. ;)

Hell ya that would be nice. I have a captivate and love it but if I did not play games I would choose my evo due to the developer community, bigger screen, sense UI and loader speaker. I hope the epic has a better speaker then my captivate. I have a epic on pre ordered so I will get one for sure. I didn't think I would like the keyboard or design but after watching the new videos on youtube it looks a lot better up close. Cant wait to try it out and benchmark the **** out of it :)

gTen

Feb 16, 2008
Have you really seen the Droid2 keyboard? I'm not going to get a droid2, but wow, that was the best keyboard i've ever seen/felt. With raised rubbery keys, it was like a mini typewriter for my thumbs.

The droid 2 fails just by not having a dedicated number row..it also looks like a copy of the Mogul keyboard...that said...

Everyone knows the best keyboard is on the Touch Pro 2..no keyboard comes close to that of a TP2...

Last edited: