Update Nexus 5

Search This thread

D5R

Jul 4, 2013
Hello,

I Have a Nexus 5 with root, stock rom, Franco Kernel and the custom recovery is TWRP. I accomplished this by following a guide around this forum, I know very little about Android. The Android version i'm running is the 4.4.2 and the phone keeps asking me to update do the newer version, however, when I try to do it, it takes me to the TWRP menu, and when I try to install it there, I get this error:

"/system/bin/thermal-engine-hh" has unexpected contents
E: Error executing updater binary in zip
Error flashing zip

How can I update the phone to the newer version of android? Can anyone help me? Thanks. ;)

lionelsuyog

Oct 27, 2013
Kathmandu
Hello,

I Have a Nexus 5 with root, stock rom, Franco Kernel and the custom recovery is TWRP. I accomplished this by following a guide around this forum, I know very little about Android. The Android version i'm running is the 4.4.2 and the phone keeps asking me to update do the newer version, however, when I try to do it, it takes me to the TWRP menu, and when I try to install it there, I get this error:

"/system/bin/thermal-engine-hh" has unexpected contents
E: Error executing updater binary in zip
Error flashing zip

How can I update the phone to the newer version of android? Can anyone help me? Thanks. ;)

That is the faulty zip, or the zip is not meant for your device! Maybbe, you should post this in Nexus 5 forum!
http://xdaforums.com/google-nexus-5/help