[ROM][WIP][PREVIEW] CyanogenMod 10.0 Preview! [Updated 18-08-2012 - NIGHTLIES]

Search This thread

rayman

Senior Recognized Developer
May 1, 2008
UPDATE 18-08-2012:
Nightlies have started showing up :) These are slightly more official than this one, but still based on our code!
Get them at http://get.cm/

So, it’s been over a week since JellyBean source dropped and we figured it was time for some fun news!

Code:
#include <std_disclaimer.h>
/*
 * Your warranty is now void.
 * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
 * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
 * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
 * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
 * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
 */

As I’m sure everyone knows, CM10 has been progressing at blazing speeds and we (on the AndroidRoot) team felt that it was time to show it off on transformers :)

It’s still early and CM10 has a good way to go, but it’s certainly usable! Note that this tree is what will become the official CM10 for Transformer Prime.

What works:
  1. Wifi
  2. Bluetooth
  3. Sound
  4. Camera (Photos + recording + panorama)
  5. Video Acceleration (720p youtube ftw!)
  6. Basic dock functionality (keyboard works -- second battery doesn’t show up)
  7. 3D Games
  8. Sensors

What doesn’t work:
  1. GPS

All credit goes to AndroidRoot team and CyanogenMod! We are the official maintainers of this device, so it can be considered a preview of what will later become official CM10 for the device.

More information and downloads at http://androidroot.mobi/?p=466
Edit: We've been asked to include download links so here goes: http://developer.clockworkmod.com/downloads/10504/3206/cm-10-20120718-UNOFFICIAL-tf201.zip

Source at github.com/AndroidRoot

As usual, any donations people wish to give should go to AndroidRoot team: http://androidroot.mobi/donations/ and not directly to me! We do not expect donations, but we appreciate all.

Last edited:

silentheero

Dec 8, 2010
Running it now. It is running well and here are my observations.
  • On screen keyboard appears even though it is docked
  • It is running o nthe 2.6.39.4 kernel
  • As was stated, it does not recognize the dock battery, but it does list the processes under the battery tab.
  • Google search is running well, questions work most of the time, but sometimes it cuts of words at the beginning or end.
  • Keyboard buttons on top are not working (exception- volume, web)
  • No "dismiss all notifications". Was this a JB change or are we just missing it from CM right now?
  • As with CM9, when you close the docked tablet, you must press the power button to turn the lcd off.

In progress...

But it is super quick! I am always dubious of claims of ROMs, kernels, and tweaks making systems faster and better, but this is different. Thanks to the AndroRoot team for all their efforts!

Last edited:

rayman

Senior Recognized Developer
May 1, 2008
Running it now. It is running well and here is the start of the bugs list. I am only listing it so we can work to crush them and make this even more awesome! It is not criticism!
  • On screen keyboard appears even though it is docked
  • It is running o nthe 2.6.39.4 kernel
  • As was stated, it does not recognize the dock battery, but it does list the processes under the battery tab.

In progress...

But it is super quick! I am always dubious of claims of ROMs, kernels, and tweaks making systems faster and better, but this is different. Thanks to the AndroRoot team for all their efforts!
Thanks for the report.

It's not a bug that it's running 2.6.39.4. It's a common misconception that various android versions require specific kernel versions.

silentheero

Dec 8, 2010
i can flash through twrp right?

That's what I did. Works great! I am using the older version of TWRP, but the new one will work too.

---------- Post added at 06:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:39 PM ----------

Thanks for the report.

It's not a bug that it's running 2.6.39.4. It's a common misconception that various android versions require specific kernel versions.

Okay, maybe not bugs per se, but observations :D

When working with the CM nightlies, I remember someone released a 3.0 kernel which didn't work out so well, so if it works, great!

Thanks again!

spencerj2001

Aug 21, 2010
So far so good

ROM is really fast, though it could be due to its light weight, it runs really smooth when change throw apps and home screens. One thing there is no gapps installed or you tube. i used the gapps from the cm9 nightly that they provide on there website and you tube on the market place is saying its unavailable for my device so not sure. i installed with cwm it works, also update su as titanium back up would not work until i did that.

silentheero

Dec 8, 2010
Can I flash through CWMR?

Although I haven't tried it with this rom, either recovery should be able to flash this, TWRP or CWM.

Okay, so the voice recognition is a mixed bag. Sometimes it gets my question dead on, others, it may cut off half way through my question or pick up part of it. This is the first time I have used the mic on my tablet, so I am not sure whether it might be hardware or software.

---------- Post added at 07:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:33 PM ----------

ROM is really fast, though it could be due to its light weight, it runs really smooth when change throw apps and home screens. One thing there is no gapps installed or you tube. i used the gapps from the cm9 nightly that they provide on there website and you tube on the market place is saying its unavailable for my device so not sure. i installed with cwm it works, also update su as titanium back up would not work until i did that.

Check the second post for JB GAPPS. It includes Youtube and the Play Store. I have loaded all my normal apps on there with titanium and I am seeing no change in speed so far.

spencerj2001

Aug 21, 2010
Although I haven't tried it with this rom, either recovery should be able to flash this, TWRP or CWM.

Okay, so the voice recognition is a mixed bag. Sometimes it gets my question dead on, others, it may cut off half way through my question or pick up part of it. This is the first time I have used the mic on my tablet, so I am not sure whether it might be hardware or software.

---------- Post added at 07:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:33 PM ----------

Check the second post for JB GAPPS. It includes Youtube and the Play Store. I have loaded all my normal apps on there with titanium and I am seeing no change in speed so far.

thanks i missed that post, for speed wise i say its snappier is the better word instead of saying really fast to me its more responsive how things transition from one thing to the other.
that's my opinion of course.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    UPDATE 18-08-2012:
    Nightlies have started showing up :) These are slightly more official than this one, but still based on our code!
    Get them at http://get.cm/

So, it’s been over a week since JellyBean source dropped and we figured it was time for some fun news!

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */

As I’m sure everyone knows, CM10 has been progressing at blazing speeds and we (on the AndroidRoot) team felt that it was time to show it off on transformers :)

It’s still early and CM10 has a good way to go, but it’s certainly usable! Note that this tree is what will become the official CM10 for Transformer Prime.

What works:
    1. Wifi
    2. Bluetooth
    3. Sound
    4. Camera (Photos + recording + panorama)
    5. Video Acceleration (720p youtube ftw!)
    6. Basic dock functionality (keyboard works -- second battery doesn’t show up)
    7. 3D Games
    8. Sensors

What doesn’t work:
    1. GPS

All credit goes to AndroidRoot team and CyanogenMod! We are the official maintainers of this device, so it can be considered a preview of what will later become official CM10 for the device.

More information and downloads at http://androidroot.mobi/?p=466
    Edit: We've been asked to include download links so here goes: http://developer.clockworkmod.com/downloads/10504/3206/cm-10-20120718-UNOFFICIAL-tf201.zip

Source at github.com/AndroidRoot

As usual, any donations people wish to give should go to AndroidRoot team: http://androidroot.mobi/donations/ and not directly to me! We do not expect donations, but we appreciate all.
    Some good news... as of build 2012/09/12, several TF201 gerrit changes have been merged into the CM10 tree... so now, the CM10 build will have most of the mods I've been pushing...

Here's what IS now included:
    1) Dock battery display
    2) Audio policy tweaks for bluetooth & USB audio streaming
    3) Additional minimum brightness level
    4) Disable auto-brightness for keyboard (since the keyboard doesn't have a backlight)
    5) Latest refreshed device overlays

What IS NOT part of the build will now be included in a generic update zip... which can be used across any CM10 based ROM for the TF201 (even euroskank)... and is no longer release specific...
    1) Build.prop tweaks for performance & battery life
    2) LCD density set to 160 (fixes YouTube app display... now shows 3 rows)
    3) Working GPS config tweaks (needs GPS dongle)
    4) Sysctl & DNS tweaks

CM 10 GENERIC TWEAKS
    we will probably need some mirrors but here is a link to JB gaaps

http://www.mediafire.com/?t8z646c56a4t241
    And now we have Android 4.1.2 JZO64K for our Transformer Primes... CyanogenMod 10 with the new Android 4.1.2...

THIS ROM IS ONLY FOR PEOPLE WHO HAVE UPGRADED TO THE NEW JELLY BEAN TF201 BOOTLOADER. IF YOU ARE STILL RUNNING THE ICS TF201 BOOTLOADER, WAIT FOR THE NEXT CM10 NIGHTLY. PLEASE READ THE WHOLE POST BEFORE USING THIS ROM...

1. Android Jelly Bean 4.1.2 JZO64K
    2. Built using the latest CM10 changes as of 09 Oct 2012 09:00PM Pacific Time (GitHub / Gerrit)
    2. Uses the latest AndroidRoot commits with the Jelly Bean 10.4.2.15 kernel (3.1) and proprietary files & drivers (GitHub) with some changes and additions by me
    3. Needs the new Jelly Bean 10.4.2.15 bootloader [IMPORTANT: Flashing over an incorrect bootloader can permanently brick you device]
    4. Working HDMI audio and video streaming and bluetooth auto streaming
    5. Working camera and microphone
    7. 4-way reboot menu (Reboot, Recovery, Fastboot & APX)
    8. Includes all the files and changes need for the Google Widevine DRM [untested!!]
    8. All other features of CM10 including fully functional dock (For those with dock keyboard issue, I've reverted some of my changes. Please retest)

CAUTION: The ROM in this post needs the new Jelly Bean 10.4.2.15 bootloader. You also need an unlocked bootloader. Flashing this over an incompatible bootloader can permanently brick you device. I (craigacgomez), CyanogenMod or AndroidRoot are not responsible for anything. Use this at your own risk.

CREDITS: CyanogenMod, AndroidRoot, Google, Asus, nVidia

ROM DOWNLOAD
    MINIMAL 4.1.2 GOOGLE APPS PACK DOWNLOAD
    Make sure you have the Jelly Bean bootloader. [Flash the stock Jelly Bean ROM to upgrade the bootloader (either my stock JB ROM or the stock JB ROM from the Asus site)]
    Flash using TWRP recovery for the Jelly Bean bootloader.
    Wipe data/factory reset is a must from any ROM.
    You need to flash the Google Apps pack if you wish to you use the Google services. This Google Apps Pack (created from the Nexus 7 update) is a minimal pack which does not have any apps available via the Play Store (no Gmail, Maps, Google Now). You can download these from the Play Store.

Donate to CyanogenMod
    Donate to AndroidRoot
    Donate to me (craigacgomez)
    MicroSD solution:

Create a file (in my case I named it 01removable) in /system/etc/init.d/ and set properties to rwxrwxrwx

As contents of the file, enter:

Code:
    #!/system/bin/sh
    mount -o remount,rw /
    mkdir /Removable/
    mkdir /Removable/MicroSD
    mkdir /Removable/SD
    mkdir /Removable/USBdisk1
    mkdir /Removable/USBdisk2

Now at each boot the script gets exectuted and microsd will get mounted to /Removable/sd :)