Nexus 10 [OFF-TOPIC] One place to relax..

Search This thread

lKBZl

Mar 23, 2012
Barcelona
A few months impression, anyone be so kind?

How's battery life, memory usage, screen quality, browsing & HD playback performance and USB storage compatibility after several weeks of usage?
Working very well, and with android 4.2.2, it's more smooth and games run without lagg (the games I had issues with were gta vice city, which now runs at full graphics with 0 lagg, and nfs, which runs smooth too). The battery life depends on what you do, play, web surfin, watching 1080p movies, but it lasts long. For the rest of things you asked it's perfect, 0 regrets since I bought untill now. Sorry for my english.

ryudovn

Jan 14, 2011
updated to 4.2.2 (CleanRom) yesterday. Work Like a charm !
Everything runs smoothly :laugh:

pingguo

Jan 27, 2013
hey :silly: i just finished the walking dead by telltale games, and i was absolutely amazed! :D too bad i couldn't play it on the nexus 10 (had to run it on windows), the controls should translate perfectly to the touchscreen. it's a shame that they decided to release a touch version only for iFossils. :crying:

let's hope that season 2 will be available for android :D maybe the ouya device could help convincing telltale, and maybe many other companies, to develop more sophisticated games for android.

how do you think about this ouya thingy? a game-changer?

Last edited:

Tomcat5

Aug 17, 2011
Lower Slower Delaware
Hey guys, just popping in from the Galaxy Nexus forum to ask something. How long do you think that Google will continue supporting the Nexus 10? I got my Nexus fairly late in the game, even after they stopped selling accessories like the wonderful car dock. I'm finally in the market for a tablet but want something that will continue to receive support in the form of updates and continued sale of accessories for at least until late 2014. Do you see this happening with the Nexus 10?

Also, do you feel limited by the amount of memory on the device? I'm always nearly maxing out the 32GB on my Sprint Galaxy Nexus and I can't see how it would be possible for me to use something any less such as a Nexus 4 with half that capacity.

Other than that stuff... Do you like the Nexus 10? Any glaring flaws I should look into before purchasing it?

Anyway, thanks guys.

sjgore

Aug 18, 2010
West Yorkshire, UK
Hey guys, just popping in from the Galaxy Nexus forum to ask something. How long do you think that Google will continue supporting the Nexus 10? I got my Nexus fairly late in the game, even after they stopped selling accessories like the wonderful car dock. I'm finally in the market for a tablet but want something that will continue to receive support in the form of updates and continued sale of accessories for at least until late 2014. Do you see this happening with the Nexus 10?

Didn't Google once say that they would always support Nexus devices for at least 18 months after release? Don't have a source, I just remember reading it somewhere.

burhanistan

Apr 14, 2011
Is this Tab than Nexus 7 better for reading and gaming?

Gaming, yes of course. Reading...eh, no. I suppose it's a matter of preference, but reading on the Nexus 10 isn't much fun. And, perhaps I'll get flamed, but portrait mode on a 16:9 device makes reading full page PDFs and the like an awkward experience. Heresy, I know. But a 4:3 tablet like the iPad is just worlds better if you actually read full page docs on a regular basis.

slashred

Jan 29, 2012
Quezon City
Should I buy the nexus 10 or next gen nexus 10? Or will I ask this question again if the next gen Nexus 10 comes out? Haha! I just dont like a big bezel :(

burhanistan

Apr 14, 2011
Should I buy the nexus 10 or next gen nexus 10? Or will I ask this question again if the next gen Nexus 10 comes out? Haha! I just dont like a big bezel :(

I hear the generation after next is going to be even better.

Anyway, I've seen some hate for the wide bezel, but if you want to use the thing with one hand or when you're not sitting, that extra margin to grab without interacting with the touchscreen is quite useful.

pingguo

Jan 27, 2013
Let me tell you a sad little story...

Recently, I was just derping around, swiping some cool words into my Nexus 10, when I suddenly noticed some guy peeking at my screen. His face was enlighted by the distinctive glare of a tablet, which turned out to be an iPad. He turned back to his device, immediately started an app that obviously resembled a notepad, and started to drag his finger across the softkeyboard. You should have seen the hopefulness in his eyes, it truly broke my heart...
:crying:

burhanistan

Apr 14, 2011
Let me tell you a sad little story...

Recently, I was just derping around, swiping some cool words into my Nexus 10, when I suddenly noticed some guy peeking at my screen. His face was enlighted by the distinctive glare of a tablet, which turned out to be an iPad. He turned back to his device, immediately started an app that obviously resembled a notepad, and started to drag his finger across the softkeyboard. You should have seen the hopefulness in his eyes, it truly broke my heart...
:crying:

Heh. That reminds me of a picture I posted to twitter or something last year, faking that I got SwiftKey running on my (now sold) iPad. (It was a screencap of my phone.)

xYh6G.jpg

pingguo

Jan 27, 2013
Heh. That reminds me of a picture I posted to twitter or something last year, faking that I got SwiftKey running on my (now sold) iPad. (It was a screencap of my phone.)

If I were an iPad user, I might also have asked you how to get this magic bluetooth signal boost slider. :silly: :laugh:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Guys,

Lets try this out. One place for all your off topic chats. Pls note, the post content within this thread must comply with all rules of XDA.

Thanks.
    I would grab another N10 if mine died. It is a great tablet that people over looked. Here we are, two major android updates later, and is is current and works great. Very few devices can say that. As for camera features mentioned, I find a tablet terribly awkward for photos. In fact I have maybe taken a dozen total. My phone does that for me.