WhatPulse, XDA community interested?

Interested in joining an XDA WhatPulse team?

• Yes

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Search This thread

TagEHeuer

Dec 25, 2013
Bristol
Hi everyone, after having a discussion with MikeChannon (Forum Administrator) about this, he suggested making a thread to see how much interest it would gather and how the XDA community would feel.
(Edit by Mike: I don't know much about WhatPulse, so I'm neither recommending it nor rejecting it).

What is WhatPulse?

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WhatPulse

WhatPulse is a key counting program which monitors the number of keystrokes, mouseclicks, computer uptime, and bandwidth usage, that a user makes over a period of time. Unlike keyloggers, the authors claim WhatPulse does not record the order of the keys that are pressed, but instead measures the number of times that keys are pressed.[2]
WhatPulse is a keylogger!?!!? (always a worry for people)

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=is+WhatPulse+a+keylogger

Personally I've used it since 2006: http://whatpulse.org/TagEHeuer - not that I've used it much as I haven't really bothered with it.

I was thinking it would be a fun community group effort for everyone. They have thousands of teams on WhatPulse, it's just all in all a big load of fun! We'd make a team and just compete against other teams, it's also exposure for XDA.

You can see all the statistics here: http://whatpulse.org/stats/overall/numbers/

Remember it's just an idea, just wanted to hear how my fellow XDA members would feel, and if anyone would actually take part in this fun project, challenge. :good:

As always keep supporting the community with your great custom ROMS, mods, kernels, themes, apps, posts, etc. :highfive:

** I have registered the team XDADevelopers just so no one trolls and takes it. Of course if people are interested, the powers that be will get the team.

Last edited by a moderator:

TagEHeuer

Dec 25, 2013
Bristol
Anyone give me any feedback on why they wouldn't want to take part? Doesn't seem like something people would be interested in, or maybe I'm wrong?

Jounsa

Jun 19, 2013
I think this is pretty interesting. Maybe I'll take a more in-depth look at it on the weekend.

Sent from my C6903 using xda app-developers app

Jounsa

Jun 19, 2013
Ha! You never know; most things take time just to get started...Particularly those which are great ;)

Sent from my C6903 using xda app-developers app

Written

Aug 10, 2012
Utrecht
Hey,

I can certainly see the value of this, however, the majority of my keystrokes are done from my work computer.

Problem with that is, I'd have my neck on the chopping board if I circumvented the permissions and installed something such as this.

I would find.it.interesting to see how much I am communicating digitally though, as I do wonder if it has already passed the amount of face to face communication.

TagEHeuer

Dec 25, 2013
Bristol
When I get access to my pc Ill see what this is about

Its going to be LEGEND--wait for it--DARY!-Barney Stinson(How I Met Your Mother)

Hey,

I can certainly see the value of this, however, the majority of my keystrokes are done from my work computer.

Problem with that is, I'd have my neck on the chopping board if I circumvented the permissions and installed something such as this.

I would find.it.interesting to see how much I am communicating digitally though, as I do wonder if it has already passed the amount of face to face communication.

Thank you for looking at it. If we can get more people interested, then maybe we can do something. If you'd both vote on the poll that would be helpful. If you let more people know about this, that we would fantastic also. :good:

armyboy11b

Feb 10, 2012
new orleans
Sounds pretty cool man,I never used anything like this tho I'll look at in more in depth when I'm off duty
Thanks.

Nexus5
-Death b4 Dishonor-