Nexus 5 stuck in boot loop and cant access boot loader

Search This thread

rdodds97

Dec 23, 2013
i flashed the latest nightly of AOKP today and then restored all my apps and data with titanium backup. When the restore was complete it prompted me to reboot my device so i did. ever since then i have been unable to reboot my phone as it is stuck on the start up screen. i then tried to restore from a backup of my other rom and then found out that i couldn't boot into the boot loader as when i held down the power and + volume button the startup would begin and then the phone would turn off. any ideas on how to fix this.

Alex240188

May 4, 2010
Hull
What it's happening is your stuck in a boot loop.
When you are holding power and volume down the phone is only interested in the power button part. Which is why it's powering off.
Just keep the buttons held both power and volume down. When it powers off keep them held and you should come into the bootloader

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app

adrman

Jul 17, 2012
NYC
when i held down the power and + volume button the startup would begin and then the phone would turn off. any ideas on how to fix this.

Not sure if the quote is a typo or not, but it should be power and - volume. You can also try power and both volume buttons, which will take you to the secondary boot loader.

Reactions: rdodds97

bitdomo

Nov 3, 2011
Göd
Not sure if the quote is a typo or not, but it should be power and - volume. You can also try power and both volume buttons, which will take you to the secondary boot loader.

If the phone is turned on and you press both volumes and power keys then you get qhusb mode

Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda app-developers app

adrman

Jul 17, 2012
NYC
If the phone is turned on and you press both volumes and power keys then you get qhusb mode

I assumed the op was able to completely power down by just continuing to hold the power button and possibly had the wrong button combo.

bitdomo

Nov 3, 2011
Göd
What do you mean by start up screen?

You see the screen tells you "Google" and it stays there?

Last edited:

rdodds97

Dec 23, 2013

I can now access recovery mode which is all I need. I have always thoight it was power and volume + but I must have been confused with my tablet z. Thank you all anyway for helping me

cryptail

Aug 17, 2014
Hi guys.
Sorry for bumping but I have the same issue and for me it wasn't fixed by going in recovery mode. I already tried deleting cash, and even tried getting back to factory settings. But still, when i restart the phone, the same loop keeps occuring.
At first it always just went to 'google' and then rebooted and rebooted. Now it just keeps stuck with the google logo (the 4 colour image).

Could someone help me possibly?

Thanks in advance

Kevin

bitdomo

Nov 3, 2011
Göd
Hi guys.
Sorry for bumping but I have the same issue and for me it wasn't fixed by going in recovery mode. I already tried deleting cash, and even tried getting back to factory settings. But still, when i restart the phone, the same loop keeps occuring.
At first it always just went to 'google' and then rebooted and rebooted. Now it just keeps stuck with the google logo (the 4 colour image).

Could someone help me possibly?

Thanks in advance

Kevin

Hi Kevin,

Try LG flashtool. Link in my signature. If you have the 32GB version of the american nexus 5 (D820) you can use the converted firmware without any problem. It was tested numerous time.

You can also try to reflash stock google rom in fastboot mode http://xdaforums.com/google-nexus-5/general/tutorial-how-to-flash-factory-image-t2513701

If you are using LG flashtool and you get error about cant format userdata and/or cache or by checking the flashing log you see timeout errors then your phone have a fauilty emmc. If you are using the fastboot method and you see "remote: flash write failure" text in the CMD window then you have fauilty emmc. Your only option is to rma your phone if bought from google or claim your warranty from LG if your phone is not from Google and you have the receipt of your phone.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    when i held down the power and + volume button the startup would begin and then the phone would turn off. any ideas on how to fix this.

I can now access recovery mode which is all I need. I have always thoight it was power and volume + but I must have been confused with my tablet z. Thank you all anyway for helping me

Great news!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk