Tether

Search This thread

kevinallen4325

Mar 19, 2012
Does anyone know if there's something I can delete in titanium backup to get unlimited tethering? I know on my old Samsung's there was something and I don't want to just go around deleting random things

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using xda app-developers app

Tower1972

Mar 13, 2008
Somewhere in Wisconsin
Does anyone know if there's something I can delete in titanium backup to get unlimited tethering? I know on my old Samsung's there was something and I don't want to just go around deleting random things

Does your plan include tethering ? If so you don't need to delete anything..which I think most higher plans do now

kevinallen4325

Mar 19, 2012

I was grandfathered in to the unlimited plan. I do not have tethering. I relied on custom rims basically to get rid of the tether block

Wonders_Never_Cease

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jul 10, 2013
Devs doing roms here should know how to enable tethering, I have it enabled on mine but unless on custom rom and rooted doesnt help much...Knoxraid just released a rom, see if its unlocked on his...but to answer your question no its not something you can just delete and itll work....sorry...

I was grandfathered in to the unlimited plan. I do not have tethering. I relied on custom rims basically to get rid of the tether block

jbag1489

Oct 15, 2012
On the Droid razr (vzw) I used a sql editor to open settings.db and there was an option called entitlement check, and I had to change that to 0 instead of 1.

No clue if anything like this would work on the m8,as I don't have mine yet.

Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk

Nathan2

May 21, 2013
On the Droid razr (vzw) I used a sql editor to open settings.db and there was an option called entitlement check, and I had to change that to 0 instead of 1.

No clue if anything like this would work on the m8,as I don't have mine yet.

Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk
Someone said adding tethering_dun_required=0 to settings.db would do it, but I tried it and it didn't work. I rebooted the phone and verified the new setting is in there as below, but trying to start the hotspot resulted in the same "call 611" bull**** as before:

% adb shell sqlite3 /data/data/com.android.providers.settings/databases/settings.db 'select * from global where name = \"tether_dun_required\"'
106|tether_dun_required|0
%

I'm using KnoxRaid ROM which is based on the AT&T firmware. I haven't tried, but I'm willing to bet the international version roms don't have this problem.

edit: Just tried flashing ARHD, which is based on the international stock ROM, on my AT&T device and mobile hotspot works out of the box.

Last edited:
I can tell you the HTC One M8 for Windows (Verizon Wireless) variant despite being unlocked for GSM, it didn't matter whether I used Straight Talk (AT&T) or a T-Mobile branded SIM card; it did not work...that said, this being an Android thread before I purchase a HTC One M8 Android - either an AT&T variant or Developer Edition variant, I wanted to double check with y'all as to whether like my HTC One M7 64GB DE if I also had to root and custom flash for example with ARHD 43.0 to enable the mobile network share aka wi-fi hotspot on the device? It works to perfection on my M7 with ARHD 92.0. (And before some jackass gets on here and tells did I search for this; yes, I did). Thanks everybody; take care and have a wonderful day!