Facebook App Version??

Search This thread

BAttitude7689

Nov 8, 2009
I cant make sense to this.. me and my girlfriend both have the same device M8 - rooted & S-OFF same firmware and radios and ROM but for some reason.. her facebook app version is 8.0.0.26.24 and its from the market and mine is version 7.0.0.26.24 directly from the market...can someone explain why this is?

oconnell84

Sep 20, 2009
In your home
Some folks are getting an option to update the app directly through Facebook and not the app store. I would uninstall the 8.0 version as it is not official or known to be legit.

Sent from my M8

jessbowring

Jul 20, 2012
Saco
Some folks are getting an option to update the app directly through Facebook and not the app store. I would uninstall the 8.0 version as it is not official or known to be legit.

Sent from my M8

My Facebook keeps randomly updating even tho I have auto update turned off for all apps. But Thai one still updates. And I think that when it does update its an 8.0 version. Whatever version it is the whole ui changes and I hate it. How can I make the version I like stick? Think every time I reboot it updates, and don't think it's they the play store either that it's getting the update? I don't get any notification of it when it does, it's just there when I open Facebook again.

droidkevlar

Mar 27, 2010
You sure one of you didn't join the beta program?

Also, this should go in Q and A

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

droidkevlar

Mar 27, 2010
I've been on beta for about a year now, still notified of updates when they are ready. This gives me no notification of update, just updates on it's own even tho it's not enabled. Frustrating.

Is she on beta too? And I'm on the beta and get updates through the market. You sure you dont have auto update on? Because I'm on same exact version as u and I updated through play store

jessbowring

Jul 20, 2012
Saco
Is she on beta too? And I'm on the beta and get updates through the market. You sure you dont have auto update on? Because I'm on same exact version as u and I updated through play store

What's more strange is that my version stays the same after updating, Even tho it looks totally different 8.0.0.3.24

ihavenolife008

Oct 9, 2008
Liverpool, NY
I never use my FB, only rarely to check a photo or 2 that gets put up of me. Popped on sometime last week to notice an entirely new app layout. No update from Play, no update notification from FB app. Girlfriend, same phone, users FB all day still has old one. Kinda pissed, because the few times i did look at my feed, i wanted it sorted by time, not this 'most popular' BS, and can't find an option in the new app for it.

PatrickNH

Dec 25, 2011
I never use my FB, only rarely to check a photo or 2 that gets put up of me. Popped on sometime last week to notice an entirely new app layout. No update from Play, no update notification from FB app. Girlfriend, same phone, users FB all day still has old one. Kinda pissed, because the few times i did look at my feed, i wanted it sorted by time, not this 'most popular' BS, and can't find an option in the new app for it.

Scroll to the right of the screen and click the three line (more) button. ON the more screen scroll down to feeds and select: most recent.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

TNS201

Feb 11, 2010
I just checked and I'm on the 8.0 version, I think I did sign up for the Beta though.

jessbowring

Jul 20, 2012
Saco
I just checked and I'm on the 8.0 version, I think I did sign up for the Beta though.

Beta or not, shouldn't update if auto update isn't selected. This is the only time it's done it. It's extremely annoying cause I HATE the new ui but can't make an older version stick no matter what I do. And just discovered it updates regardless of reboot or not.

TNS201

Feb 11, 2010
Beta or not, shouldn't update if auto update isn't selected. This is the only time it's done it. It's extremely annoying cause I HATE the new ui but can't make an older version stick no matter what I do. And just discovered it updates regardless of reboot or not.

Well look at it this way, you will eventually be forced to use it, so just get used to it and they will change it again in 3 months anyways :/

1ManWolfePack

Jul 11, 2012
One of you either signed up for the Alpha or Beta version at some point. It will carry from device to device.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW

justin94

Oct 31, 2010
I'm not on the beta. Mine auto updated when I got home not realizing my WiFi was on. Deleted and restored the old version with titanium backup. The new app is horrible. I don't care what people posted 2 weeks ago....

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using xda app-developers app

Top Liked Posts