Should I purchase the 2x?

Search This thread

skoins

Apr 29, 2012
Hi

I need a new phone, and I have come down to either the Optimus 2x or the Huawei Honor being the best options for me.

I am mostly interested in the 2x due to its good specs, however my research tells me that it was full of bugs to begin with. I am not very fond of using custom ROMs, so my question is, how is it running with the latest official update??

Memhis

Sep 12, 2011
The latest official firmware (v20q) is very good. You will be satisfied on stock. However, if you ever want, installing custom rom is not a big deal. Do some reading in dev section and you are good to go. And there is very good stock based custom roms, which you can flash once and no need to change/upgrade anymore :).

skoins

Apr 29, 2012
Thanks good to hear, I heard a few horror stories about the phone, but I think it was with the original rom which was full of bugs...so there is no problem with it today? (if updated)

lionheartpl

Nov 13, 2009
I think it is a good phone but there are some better options out there.

My carrier, for instance offers the galaxy nexus for the exact same price today(it hadn't launched here when I got my O2x). SII seems to be better too, but it's also more pricy.

skoins

Apr 29, 2012
yeah but they seem more expensive. I think spec-wise you dont find a phone matching it for the price, I was just wondering about its actual use.

skoins

Apr 29, 2012
well, it should be out sometime this year, and if their 2.3 works well then I can easily wait

tomsi91

Aug 10, 2011
you should and you should use stock 20q rom with gueste kernel, his app for adjust everything is amazing, for example you turn on zram in there and low ram problem has gone

luka2858

Jul 26, 2011
I is a good phone,i never had any problems and i meane any. I have it for over a year.

sent from my optimus 2x or samsung galaxy s 5.0 wi-fi

Mungulz

Oct 5, 2011
Sydney
Physically the strongest phone I've used! matches the Nokia 3310 as far as im concerned, missed my pockets many of times and its gone crashing down to the concrete, screen hasn't cracked. I always use a screen protector so idk about scratches.
Stock roms are pretty slow, you cannot brick this phone so why not try Temaseks CM7? Lightning fast

Everyone loves to complain about the battery but that's life, depends how you use it.

Sent from my Optimus 2X using Tapatalk 2

Supupa

Nov 13, 2010
Physically the strongest phone I've used! matches the Nokia 3310 as far as im concerned, missed my pockets many of times and its gone crashing down to the concrete, screen hasn't cracked. I always use a screen protector so idk about scratches.
Stock roms are pretty slow, you cannot brick this phone so why not try Temaseks CM7? Lightning fast

Everyone loves to complain about the battery but that's life, depends how you use it.

Sent from my Optimus 2X using Tapatalk 2

As Mungulz has said, its almost can be possible to brick this device. Its great for trying new roms if your new to the custom world :)

Sent from my LG-P990 using XDA

gasgasgas

Dec 12, 2010
Do not buy this. It is a fail phone.

Sorry to say but i actually agree.

The problems i had:
- for three months i couldn't make calls under 3g regardless of baseband /ril combo or rom. I wasn't the only one witht his problem, other people with LG had this problem too.
- the radio of the phone goes off randomly if you are in area with bad coverage and doesn't come back until you restart the phone.
- i have four bars and still sometime i can't receive calls, one time i was waiting a phone call and i was actually watching the phone and saw full coverage, i received a sms from my carrier saying " somebody called you while you were unreachable". It's a known problem that lg has never fixed, some devices have this problem some don't.

There are better phones for your money, personally i'll never buy anything from lg again. The 2x is a cheap phone with performance yes but it misses an important part: the phone itself (phone calls, radio signal) sucks.

Durio

Apr 19, 2012
Eindhoven
Got this phone secondhand for 190 euros. the phone will be overheated if you use it heavily during charging. No problem otherwise:)

marcof93

Mar 18, 2012
Foggia, Italy
If you want to buy it as second-hand phone (about 200€) I think you are going to make a good choise..if you are going to spend 300€ or more, you are doing a bad choise..the hardware is very good but the 2x tegra2 platform is no more supported by nvidia and lg is not so good in making software..so I think you are obliged to install a custom rom

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Depending on how much u pay for the phone. If its cheap, its ok to buy it. The physical built quality is ahead of many recent phones. Also there is no lack of custom roms for p990.

Its past 1 year since launch and the dev section here is getting bigger by the day.

Lastly CM7 RULES! .... at least for now. :)