Navigon GPS software

Search This thread

nebc100

Oct 17, 2005
Sony Xperia 1 II
Hello All,

I have just bought a TP2, and have tried to install my Navigon 7 software on it.

I know that you have to replace 3 files so that it works correctly for the higher resolution screen, but I still cannot get it working.

Has anyone here managed??

If so... any help that you can give would be appreciated!! I managed to get it working on a Touch HD, but sadly I cannot repeat this work the TP2.

Thanks in advance!!

Nick

nebc100

Oct 17, 2005
Sony Xperia 1 II
Thanks for the "brilliant" idea.... If you take a look at the Navigon website, you will see that they don't officially support the TP2 (or the Touch HD for that matter).

I posted here because other some very clever people on this site manged to get it going on the Touch HD by modifying some of the files, and was hoping that someone has managed to do the same on the TP2 because sadly the mod for the HD does not seem to work.

Does anyone else have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Nick

nebc100

Oct 17, 2005
Sony Xperia 1 II
Many thanks!!! That has now worked!!

The friend of mine that has the HD also says "thanks" because he now has completely STANDARD version that works on his Touch HD.

It i strange though because I had run all the updates, and Navigon claimed that my version was competely up-to-date.

Thank again.

Nick

neforce

Sep 5, 2007
Stadskanaal
I got a version from newsgroups named:

(Tzeunis Navigon 7.4 Mega Post) [00/29] - "Tzeunis Navigon 7.4 Mega Post.nzb" yEnc (1/1)

And it works perfectly, but i installed the 480x800 fix, and now the max-speed indicator looks like: 1... because 100 is to wide or something... maybe i switch back to normal...

anyway, navigon owned all other navigation software... damn this is so nice! And the voice control is soooo nice! It looks like i am talking with a person! so nice!

edi023

Jul 15, 2008
I got a version from newsgroups named:

(Tzeunis Navigon 7.4 Mega Post) [00/29] - "Tzeunis Navigon 7.4 Mega Post.nzb" yEnc (1/1)

how did you get this to work i can`t get this program started

it won`t start up or nothing

edi023

Jul 15, 2008
ow je bent gewoon nederlands ik krijg het niet voor elkaar dit is het enige navigatie programma wat ik niet aan de praat krijg

WM-Sef

Jan 30, 2009
ow je bent gewoon nederlands ik krijg het niet voor elkaar dit is het enige navigatie programma wat ik niet aan de praat krijg

Even if you are Dutch, talk English ;) The forums gets messed up if everyone speaks his own language. If you can't talk English, don't mind using Google Translate ;) Keep the forum clean ;)

Ontopic:

You're not the only one, seems to be a bug in the software. I will try it soon myself :)

edi023

Jul 15, 2008
iam sorry i thought i sent a privete massage.:)

i hope you will be able to get it to work ( or anyone else for that mather ;) ) the try and buy navigon is working but only for 30 days :(
i will keep an eye on this threat..

May 14, 2007
I am not getting anything either. I'm not seeing the touch pro 2 listed on that previous link and the standard version from navigon just won't start up. It also causes my TP2 to slow to an almost standstill to the point it needs soft reset every time I use it. I tried installing it on both the card and the phone to no avail.

Telephonmann

Apr 28, 2008
Wrote an email to Navigon and got the information that they are working on a version for TP2, but no information on release date.