JTAG pinouts

Search This thread

jefffeely

Aug 18, 2011
Columbus, OH
Do we have the JTAG pinouts anywhere? I've spent the past couple hours searching and couldn't find anything. I'm just going to sit down and randomly test tomorrow, but it would be nice not to have to.

domitian

Sep 2, 2011
Jtag, does that mean a hardware solution for flashing directly to the phone? If so that would be a solution to my problem. If this is what it is, good luck

xdadevnube

Jun 28, 2011
I suspect that there is, but I don't know of any in particular. I will surf the Web when I get a chance. I wonder if this would allow for an unbrickable mod

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using XDA

jefffeely

Aug 18, 2011
Columbus, OH
JTAG pinouts are a IEEE 1149 standard. you want to use it for flash programming or CPU emulation?

Sorry I was an ass earlier in the thread.

I am looking for flash programming, console output, and disaster recovery.

To clarify my question. I'm trying to figure out which of the hundred or so pads available on the Rezound are the jtag pads. Actually I'd be happy with any uart.

disclaimer: I am new to all this and learning as I go along.

This is the location of what I think is most likely what I am looking for so far:
headphonesidepads.jpg

I didn't realize the pads were there hiding behind the ribbon cable when I was taking the pictures and then when I was testing them later I forgot to get a fresh pic with the ribbon removed. They basically look like:
simsidepads.jpg

but on the opposite side of the phone.

If they are ARM-20 jtag pinouts then here are the pad names and measured voltages (question marks till I know for sure what they are):

Code:
1.  vref? 	| 	1.8/1.27/0
2.  nTRST? 	| 	0.0
3.  TDI?	| 	1.63/.87/1.15/0
4.  TMS? 	| 	1.63/.87/1.15/0
5.  TCK? 	| 	1.63/.87/1.15/0
6.  TRCK? 	| 	0.04/0
7.  TDO? 	| 	0.04/0
8.  NSRST? 	| 	1.71/0
9.  DBGRQ? 	| 	0.0
10. DGBACK? 	| 	0.0

I kept my multimeter on each tab for about a minute each. If there is more than one listed it is because they were cycling. I'm sure there are other intermediate states, but I have a very slow multimeter )=

For reference's sake here are a couple definitions:
Code:
[LIST=1]
[*]vRef  		Reference voltage – used to condition voltage level of Vsupply. 
[*]nTRST		JTAG TAP Reset
[*]TDI  		JTAG Test Data Input line
[*]TMS  		JTAG Test Data Output line
[*]TCK  		JTAG Test Clock, controls communication independently from the system clock.
[*]TDO   		JTAG Test Data Output line
[*]RTCK  		Returned Test Clock – used for adaptive clocking (supported on CTM and USB2/JTAG. *Note that not all ARM based MCUs implement this signal. 
[*]nSRST  		Target System Reset   
[*]DBGRQ  		Debug request.  
[*]DBGACK  	Debug acknowledge 
[/LIST]

I'll be interfacing what ever I come up with using an Arduino. My primary desire is to get console output so I can debug hboot and kernel during boot. The kernel's default console is ttyHSL3. In addition to this UART 3 is available for debugging. I'll be happy with what ever I can get working. There should also be an SPI interface, and a program called ser2net (hosts serial console to network). I haven't been able to get ser2net working though.

Last edited:

shamaner

Jan 21, 2012
Hi, im looking for my HTC ONE S (z520m - S4 cpu) jtag pinout (for use riff box).

Hi, im looking for my HTC ONE S (z520m - S4 cpu) jtag pinout (for use riff box).
pls help me :p

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    JTAG Pinouts

JTAG pinouts are a IEEE 1149 standard. you want to use it for flash programming or CPU emulation?