[Q] Cannot set ringtones & notification sounds

Search This thread

eli1967

Apr 7, 2014
I cannot set ringtones & notification sounds
If I enter a contact settings , I see that there is a sound file defined , the file I chose , but when he calls,The call has the default phone's ringtone
I'm unable to set ringtone for incoming mail , (it stuck on "quiet" )
I'm unable to set ringtone for incoming SMS ( in this case , I use GO sms app and it has its own internal settings where it works, but not the Android settings )

Please Help , Urgent !
Thank you all

I have a Samsung Galaxy S2 i9100, ROM Resurrection Remix® 4.4.2 v5.0.8

ngl_ro

Sep 12, 2011
i9100
Samsung Galaxy Tab 2
That happened to me on SlimKat, and the only way to fix it was full format ( phone and sdcard ), factory reset. Just reinstalling the rom was not helping.

What I think happens is that media scanner get's stuck on some corrupted file and just can't locate the ringtones.

Given all the kitkat related SdCard issues I went back to using 4.3 JB. I'm not saying you should do the same, but if you have a sdcard in the phone and you don't want it crashing every 2 days or so it's something worth considering.

eli1967

Apr 7, 2014
That happened to me on SlimKat, and the only way to fix it was full format ( phone and sdcard ), factory reset. Just reinstalling the rom was not helping.

What I think happens is that media scanner get's stuck on some corrupted file and just can't locate the ringtones.

Given all the kitkat related SdCard issues I went back to using 4.3 JB. I'm not saying you should do the same, but if you have a sdcard in the phone and you don't want it crashing every 2 days or so it's something worth considering.

Hello There

OK, i did it all over again.
I have formatted the memory cards, delete all cache and factory default and re-flash the ROM v5.0.8 and same as 5.0.9.
I still have that problem, cannot set notification ringtones.

I think that it is a bug in the ROMs. in v5.0.7, did not had the problem.

is there a way to send the group a system log for they could see and fix the problems?

Last edited:

Barna Feseto

Jun 16, 2014
I have the same problem, I have cm-11-20140615-NIGHTLY-i9100 installed.
Any ideas how to fix it?
I already tried the factory reset thing, didn't help.
Thx in advance