Remove Voicemail app from phone

Search This thread

liquidrezin

Mar 20, 2008
Hey all, does anybody know the location of the apk for the Verizon Voicemail app? I was able to remove all the bloatware that I wanted, but I couldn't find where the voicemail app is. I tried searching for "voicemail" and "vvm" using root explorer, but it didn't find it.

robocuff

Jul 23, 2011
Don't know what to say then. I've got it froze in titanium backup and that's the path it shows for it.

liquidrezin

Mar 20, 2008
So I decided to load Viper and found the VVM.apk where you said it was and was able to remove it. Thanks, still not sure why the stock ROM wouldn't remove the icon though.

dottat

Retired Forum Moderator
I think it stays because its tied into the messages app... If you scroll right in the messages app there is a voicemail tab... Possibly whatever base viper is on doesn't have vvm tied into messages?

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Right and you risk breaking bubble count notifications if you remove it too.

Sent from my SM-T320 using Tapatalk

Reactions: rcklss1

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I think it stays because its tied into the messages app... If you scroll right in the messages app there is a voicemail tab... Possibly whatever base viper is on doesn't have vvm tied into messages?

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Right and you risk breaking bubble count notifications if you remove it too.

Sent from my SM-T320 using Tapatalk