[Q] How to root Micromax Canvas Elanza 2

Search This thread

Rin_Kusanagi

Jun 12, 2014
Yes, it worked for me.
Thanks,
It installed "vRoot" Application on my phone. I think it is superuser application, since it is in chines. I am not able to understand it language.
Can I uninstall it ?
If Yes, Which application to be used?
SuperSU ot Superuser or any other
Please suggest.
Thanks once again
How can I get CWM recovery?
:):):):)

You can use SuperSU.. Install SuperSU and it will ask you to replace vroot.

Sachin97

May 8, 2014
Pune
Please provide the complete details. Link? App complete name?

Sorry replying late was busy jailbreaking my iphone 3gs.
go to this link www.mobogenie.com and download the mobogenie software.
this software does not work on windows xp be sure you have windows 7.
after downloading the software install it and connect your elanza 2 with pc the software will detect the phone.
When your device is connected open the software and find for one click root option and click on that option.
This software will start rooting your phone. Be patient as it may take time.
thats it your device will be rooted within minutes. If this does not help you check on YouTube for tutorials.

sent from my Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 SM T210

---------- Post added at 05:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:21 AM ----------

Here's the tutorial https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6u_KBuNKHt4 link

maheshmaf

Feb 22, 2013
Bangalore
OnePlus 6
Realme X
Did any one tried to swap the SD with internal memory
Because this phone uses the only internal memory for storing apps and all stuff

Sent from my Micromax A121 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

skumar1988

May 28, 2014
Did any one tried to swap the SD with internal memory
Because this phone uses the only internal memory for storing apps and all stuff

Sent from my Micromax A121 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

I tried but unsuccesful. So for now i m living with link2sd option

Sent from my Micromax A121 using XDA Free mobile app

---------- Post added at 12:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:42 PM ----------

Can anyone help to install cwm recovery too?

arvinquilao

Jul 31, 2013
Manila
I'm using Omega Icon, its oem is the Micromax Elanza 2. Are there Windows users here who have managed to use adb with this phone? I tried Ubuntu and Mac and adb works for both OS by tweaking the adb_usb.ini file. No success with Windows so far. I hope Micromax releases the official drivers soon.

When trying to install SuperSU binary, didn't got installed & asked for reboot after rebooting, I have lost my Root.
Kindly suggest how to remove vTool & install SuperSU.

You can try rooting it again using vroot, btw vroot has an updated version, 1.7.8 (English). Once it's rooted, install SuperSU, it will update the binaries and remove vroot. At first try it didn't work for my unit, I reinstalled SuperSU and the second attempt worked. I guess you just need to force install SuperSU to get rid of vroot.

Reactions: fastlane765

MasterAwesome

Recognized Developer
Jun 23, 2013
OnePlus 6
I'm using Omega Icon, its oem is the Micromax Elanza 2. Are there Windows users here who have managed to use adb with this phone? I tried Ubuntu and Mac and adb works for both OS by tweaking the adb_usb.ini file. No success with Windows so far. I hope Micromax releases the official drivers soon.

You can try rooting it again using vroot, btw vroot has an updated version, 1.7.8 (English). Once it's rooted, install SuperSU, it will update the binaries and remove vroot. At first try it didn't work for my unit, I reinstalled SuperSU and the second attempt worked. I guess you just need to force install SuperSU to get rid of vroot.

You will have to create a inf file and add the vendor and device id there and install it via device manager.

Regards
MasterAwesome

Reactions: arvinquilao

arvinquilao

Jul 31, 2013
Manila
You will have to create a inf file and add the vendor and device id there and install it via device manager.

Regards
MasterAwesome

Thanks for the tip. Should I create a separate inf file or do I just append the entry to the existing Google devices in the inf file?
Here's what i did, I got the vendor id and product id from device manager (hardware id):
Code:
;Cherry Mobile Omega Icon
%SingleAdbInterface%        = USB_Install, USB\VID_1C9E&PID_9E18&REV_0228&MI_01
%CompositeAdbInterface%     = USB_Install, USB\VID_1C9E&PID_9E18&MI_01

then I restarted the adb server, still not detected. If there's a step that I missed, kindly point it out. Thanks.

mukesh22584

Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Jan 20, 2014
Delhi
OnePlus 5
OnePlus 5T
Root elanza 2

Guide me to root Micromax Canvas Elanza 2
Hi guys,
This is my First post So sorry if i make any mistake of my Language.........
Be ready to Root ur elanza 2 I have done it after trying many methods Its really work

(1) install"Universal ADB drivers" to ur PC (Tested on Windows 7 only)
(2) Restart ur pc
(3) Install "Root Genius 1.9.6 (if u don't find this version install any version and then update this).
(4) Connect ur Elanza 2 with enabling usb debugging.(Also connect ur device as MTP device)
(5) Now open root genius.It will detect ur phone
(6) Click on Root Button
ENJOY:cool:

Note: (1) After rooting this king user icon shows in ur phone I have tried many times for Superuser but there is no binary update for SU.
So no need to install SU. king user provide u root access.
(2) If Root genius not detect ur phone Connect ur phone as "USB STORGE"

Don't forget To hit "THANKS"

Last edited:

jack_5

Jul 4, 2014
otg support?

is it possible to enble otg support for this device.? by default it does not support otg.

shadabn_56

Nov 4, 2014
micromax canvas elenza 2 root

hi,
you can root canvas elenza by the method that i am telling you its working.
first root with mobegene pc app there is shows your mobile is rooted but its didnt work
because supersu is not working. After root from mobegine just root again by the app Vroot.
now your mobile is rooted and super su is also working.
any help plz replay

saarimahmed

Dec 5, 2014
vroot definetly work not only for micromax canvas elanze 2 but also work for almost all micromax android devices.

first of all install your phone driver to your pc or just install moborobo after that open your usb debuging from your phone setting and connect your phone to your pc after that open moborobo ,it automatically detect your phone and it download and install phone driver.
AND at last open vroot, it also detect your phone and just click the root button.

My battery is not getting charged, taking a lot of time to get charged and drains quickly after following your procedure. Please tell me the solution asap.

---------- Post added at 12:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:51 AM ----------

You can use SuperSU.. Install SuperSU and it will ask you to replace vroot.

My battery is not getting charged, taking a lot of time to get charged and drains quickly after rooting. Please tell me the solution asap.

jack_04

Apr 25, 2015
Rooted micromax a121 using Mobogenie but no superuser installed.
I have installed superuser from google play store but it shows message that binary needs to be updated everytime I open the app.
I then tried to update binaries from recovery mode but it shows error that signature verification failed.
need help in installing superuser.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Device is detected on ADB. I can run commands on $ prompt. The problem is I think boot loader is not easy to crack.

To get your device detected, manually install it by google drivers which comes with SDK.

You may find at below path where you extracted the sdk.

adt-bundle-windows-x86_64-20140321\sdk\extras\google\usb_driver

Anyone here to help to root elanza 2?

Thanks in advance ...
    As of now this is the latest version of vroot..

www . mgyun . com/vroot (Remove the spaces)
    vroot is best option.

vroot definetly work not only for micromax canvas elanze 2 but also work for almost all micromax android devices.

first of all install your phone driver to your pc or just install moborobo after that open your usb debuging from your phone setting and connect your phone to your pc after that open moborobo ,it automatically detect your phone and it download and install phone driver.
    AND at last open vroot, it also detect your phone and just click the root button.
    When i tried using vroot latest, i got something like this View attachment 2797099 in my pc and the same is displayed jn my mobile to and automatically closed. After that the a countdown is running in my pc screen from 59 to 0. When it becomes 0, Root failed, retry message is displayed.

Please advice what to do with this screen

That's not the latest version.. You are using version 1.7.3.. Try to use version 1.7.7.7592..

When trying to install SuperSU binary, didn't got installed & asked for reboot after rebooting, I have lost my Root.
    Kindly suggest how to remove vTool & install SuperSU.