[Q] M7 only boot to recovery or fast boot. Bricked?

Search This thread

mucka1916

Mar 5, 2014
Hey guys,

When I boot my phone it'll only give me the HTC splash screen. I can manage to get my phone to boot into clockwork or the bootloader but nothing else.

My phone is S-ON with USB debugging disabled. Hboot is 1.56.

Is it a lost cause?

nkk71

Inactive Recognized Developer / Contributor
May 26, 2010
Beirut
Hey guys,

When I boot my phone it'll only give me the HTC splash screen. I can manage to get my phone to boot into clockwork or the bootloader but nothing else.

My phone is S-ON with USB debugging disabled. Hboot is 1.56.

Is it a lost cause?

USB debugging doesnt matter in custom recovery (CWM or TWRP), you can use one of these methods to get a ROM onto your phone, while in custom recovery:
1- OTG Cable
2- adb push <name of rom>.zip /sdcard/
3- adb sideload <name of rom>.zip

if you're going to flash a 4.4 ROM then you best use TWRP (the correct one for your phone model), and if you're going to flash a GPe ROM you need to be S-Off.

mucka1916

Mar 5, 2014
USB debugging doesnt matter in custom recovery (CWM or TWRP), you can use one of these methods to get a ROM onto your phone, while in custom recovery:
1- OTG Cable
2- adb push <name of rom>.zip /sdcard/
3- adb sideload <name of rom>.zip

if you're going to flash a 4.4 ROM then you best use TWRP (the correct one for your phone model), and if you're going to flash a GPe ROM you need to be S-Off.

Ok so I'm using TWRP and managed to get Maximus Rom installed but now the touch screen won't respond on lock screen.

Driver compatibility maybe? The ROM seemed to install fine and I ran fastboot flash boot boot.img.

Does it have to be a OTG cable? Standard USB seems to be working fine for the most part.

Thanks

nkk71

Inactive Recognized Developer / Contributor
May 26, 2010
Beirut
Ok so I'm using TWRP and managed to get Maximus Rom installed but now the touch screen won't respond on lock screen.

Driver compatibility maybe? The ROM seemed to install fine and I ran fastboot flash boot boot.img.

Does it have to be a OTG cable? Standard USB seems to be working fine for the most part.

Thanks

1- post a "fastboot getvar all" (excluding IMEI and s/n)

2- what version of TWRP are you using (don't say "latest" please)

3- which ROM (link please) and version number

4- did you really need to "fastboot flash boot boot.img." ? was it indicated in the thread?