[Q] Flash back to Jelly Bean from Kit Kat question.

Search This thread

aprilshowerz77

Dec 17, 2012
Hi guys,
I just have a question that might just be a simple yes or no but I can't find enough information to feel secure enough to just try it. No one wants a brick ya know? Anyway I just would like to know if I can simply flash back to jelly bean from kit kat on my VS980 using twrp. I am rooted and on a debloated stock version of kit kat. I hate it. It has ruined my battery life. I've read some tutorials about doing that kind of thing but didn't know if I was overthinking it and could just download the correct files and mount them in twrp. I'm not a whiz but I can follow directions. And if I have to I will go the long route, but it just seems like it could be very simple unless I'm missing something.
Thanks for any help!

acejavelin

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Hi guys,
I just have a question that might just be a simple yes or no but I can't find enough information to feel secure enough to just try it. No one wants a brick ya know? Anyway I just would like to know if I can simply flash back to jelly bean from kit kat on my VS980 using twrp. I am rooted and on a debloated stock version of kit kat. I hate it. It has ruined my battery life. I've read some tutorials about doing that kind of thing but didn't know if I was overthinking it and could just download the correct files and mount them in twrp. I'm not a whiz but I can follow directions. And if I have to I will go the long route, but it just seems like it could be very simple unless I'm missing something.
Thanks for any help!
Honestly, you would be better off to use the TOT method and restore to factory, then take the 12B OTA, then root and delete the file that stops OTAs (sorry, I can't remember the name of the file).

Downgrading via TWRP, even if you reflash radios, is still going to leave you with KitKat "firmware" installed, so you could have various issues with rotation or other stuff.

Reactions: aprilshowerz77

aprilshowerz77

Dec 17, 2012
Solution

Honestly, you would be better off to use the TOT method and restore to factory, then take the 12B OTA, then root and delete the file that stops OTAs (sorry, I can't remember the name of the file).

Downgrading via TWRP, even if you reflash radios, is still going to leave you with KitKat "firmware" installed, so you could have various issues with rotation or other stuff.

Thanks for the advice. Much appreciated!
I found a really great guide at The Android Soul but it won't let me post the link. But if you google "Back To Stock/Downgrade Verizon LG G2 to Android 4.2.2 Jellybean" along with their name it should come up. This guide is specifically for the Verizon version of the LG G2 but if you download the dlls and tots for your specific model it should work with other versions as well.Hope this helps anyone else in the same situation!

Reactions: Cheesejam and wryun

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Solution

Thanks for the advice. Much appreciated!
    I found a really great guide at The Android Soul but it won't let me post the link. But if you google "Back To Stock/Downgrade Verizon LG G2 to Android 4.2.2 Jellybean" along with their name it should come up. This guide is specifically for the Verizon version of the LG G2 but if you download the dlls and tots for your specific model it should work with other versions as well.Hope this helps anyone else in the same situation!
    Hi guys,
    Thanks for any help!