[Q] Updating to 4.4.3 with a custom recovery

Search This thread

3RAN7ON

Nov 12, 2013
Phoenix
Hi, I have a xt1032, UL and rooted, stock rom and kernel, Xposed with TWRP. The ota just hit my phone this afternoon and I have been trying in vain for hours to update it because I need the bug fixes badly. I am trying to find the OTA.zip file....either that or the stock recovery.img file. Thank you in advance!

3RAN7ON

Nov 12, 2013
Phoenix
Hi, I have a xt1032, UL and rooted, stock rom and kernel, Xposed with TWRP. The ota just hit my phone this afternoon and I have been trying in vain for hours to update it because I need the bug fixes badly. I am trying to find the OTA.zip file....either that or the stock recovery.img file. Thank you in advance!

Here is the stock 4.4.2 recovery.img for US Retail XT1032.

[Download]

Flash using fastboot:
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img​

Thanks again, lost101

Corel_vkl

Mar 3, 2014

There u go;
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=50029015#post50029015
i dont know is there a stock recovery img in the pack of last version but i think there is just read all install drivers then flash stock rec. and then update ota,if you deleted some system apps you will get error then u should flash system chunks only to fix it after that do ota till get 4.4.3 flash costum recovery root and that's it :)

Last edited:
Reactions: 3RAN7ON

3RAN7ON

Nov 12, 2013
Phoenix
There u go;
i dont know is there a stock recovery img in the pack of last version but i think there is just read all install drivers then flash stock rec. and then update ota,if you deleted some system apps you will get error then u should flash system chunks only to fix it after that do ota till get 4.4.3 flash costum recovery root and that's it :)

I flashed the stock recovery and also uninstalled xposed framework..still got an error message and update failed. I didn't delete any system apps but has some frozen thru TB. now defrosted and trying again. I'm on the T-mobile network (I thought it was cdma but I guess it's GSM) should my kernel be the174.44.1.falcon_umts.AWSRetail.en.us? because I noticed it no longer has the 'AWS' part..if anyone could offer some insight on that

Corel_vkl

Mar 3, 2014
So you didnt sucsess to install ota ? Why dont you flash stock rom maybe you have some errors in system and then update.My version is like u wrote (it was before update) xt1034 quote me if u done with flashing and get ota search on forum stock rom images im on phone cant find link right now .

Sent from my XT1034 using Tapatalk

3RAN7ON

Nov 12, 2013
Phoenix
So you didnt sucsess to install ota ? Why dont you flash stock rom maybe you have some errors in system and then update.My version is like u wrote (it was before update) xt1034 quote me if u done with flashing and get ota search on forum stock rom images im on phone cant find link right now .

No, no success for me yet- there are links up now in other posts for the xt1034 my friend. I think at one point I flashed the wrong firmware by mistake, cuz I definitely have a xt1032 and the version should show 174.44.1.falcon_umts.Retail.en.US but this pic has the AWS version for the xt1034 that is not right for the xt1032

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-05-21-18-52-33.png
    Screenshot_2014-05-21-18-52-33.png
    142.1 KB · Views: 64

Corel_vkl

Mar 3, 2014
Dude you dont know wich version u have remove back cover and see on battery then install US retail rom im post link in last reply.pm if something goes wrong im not at home right now .

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

There u go;