WP7Android UI - UPDATE 6.1: WP7Contacts 1.1 Update

What do you think/do about this project?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

00Ghz

Introducing, the Windows Phone 7 Android Project!

This project was launched by mobile enthusiasts to combine the ultimate mobile experience. The freedom of Android and the grace and elegance of Windows Phone 7. Anyone that has not used Windows Phone 7 is missing out on the sleek and beauty of the OS and the style of the applications. However, on the other hand, those that have used it will also notice the limitations and lack of apps that everyone is used to using.

With the WP7Android applications, you can pick and choose how much WP7 that you want on your device. This is not an all or nothing solution. You can show off your "WP7" device and wow everyone with how much freedom you have and access to ALL of the android applications!

There will be a total of 9 applications in the package that you can chose from.

*Launcher - A Metro UI launcher written from the ground up to ensure that the ENTIRE WP7 experience can be utilized. Not just a skinned or tweaked existing launcher, this is the real deal!
*Dialer - Integrated with the stock Android contacts app or the WP7 contact app, this launcher will look and feel the way it is supposed to. With enhanced Facebook integration to just stock settings.
*Contacts - Full contacts support with Facebook integration. You can scroll through your contact list and also view their updates and other status changes. Evert hing you need in one app to stay connected!
*Mail - Manage all your mail accounts through one sleek interface.
*Message - WP7 Message app with thread view
*Browser - WP7 Browser and extra features
*Camera - WP7 Camera
*Gallery - WP7 Photo/Video Gallery
*Zune-Player - All of the look and feel of the Zune music player, None of the restrictions! You can view, play and see all of your media, no matter where it is!

For XDA users 3 apps will be free(Users who donated or Devs who brought some real contribution will get all packs for free). Not all apps will be available at first. Also the apps will be closed-source and paid on the market(somebody requested that I say this clearly). If you have any comments I would love to hear them! :)

UPDATE 6.1: The Contacts App has been updated to version 1.1. Known issues have been fixed. This version should work without problems on Xperia X10 and Eclair. Also the Zune Player has been updated as well. Known FC's have been fixed. Buyers PM me, donators download from third post.

Attention!!!: Please note that some parts of the site are still in construction including the Shop. After you buy send a Private Message here on XDA with your email so I can send the application. If you won't I will send it only to the PP mail address.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

1)Apps review - Second Post

2)Apps download and extras - Third Post

Official Site:http://wp7android.com/

My Twitter Page: http://twitter.com/#!/TheRedDrake

IF YOU SUPPORT THIS PROJECT PLEASE DONATE OR JUST VOTE TO FRONT PAGE

P.S Thanks to all who donated. Their contribution brings this project to life :D

Attachments

• device.jpg
    device.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 10,961
  • device1.jpg
    device1.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 9,004
  • device2.jpg
    device2.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 8,553
  • snap20110414_145650.jpg
    snap20110414_145650.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 4,152
  • snap20110414_145655.jpg
    snap20110414_145655.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 3,714
  • snap20110414_145704.jpg
    snap20110414_145704.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 3,369
  • launcher2.jpg
    launcher2.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 4,003
  • launcher7.jpg
    launcher7.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 3,826
Last edited:

00Ghz

Apps review + Planned Versions and Updates + Order of Releases

Contacts App:

You can:
-Sync contacts from SIM and Gmail
-Add new contact or edit existing one.
-Search contacts by clicking search button. If one contact remains swipe up or click for edit contact.
-Sort contacts by clicking all under people. You can sort by phone or email
-Chose own picture by clicking on the picture under the All/With Phone/With Email
-Quick search by letter by clicking blue letters. This opens the WP7 full onscreen Search Keyboard
-In Edit Contact: Swipe left for Call, right for Messaging
-Login to Facebook and Wall Post

Launcher App

You can:
- Add static, live & custom tiles. Live tiles like weather and slideshow need there corresponding aps to work.
- manage tiles & uninstall apps
- QTA (quick tile access) - give access to extra features on pinching on tiles. Only messaging tile & slideshow tile do things on QTA for now
-Tile Preview - gives the user the ability to only show tiles by category in the tiles view. It's activated by pinching on different tiles.
- change fonts - this change will apply to the most part of the launcher. Fonts are loaded from a folder on the SDCard
- tile notification for messages and missed calls
- lots of options in the launcher menu & more to come
- support for Wallpapers & Live Wallpapers
- widget support
- Live folder tiles support.
- theme-able (subject to improvements)
- add postit like tiles
- contact tiles (you must pin them from the contacts app) with quick call and sms features
- minor battery impact
- ... maybe other features that I'am missing right now

To do:
- interface improvements
- animations
- more live tiles (once everybody - or most of them- are content with the launcher)
- maybe animated tiles
- full integration with the other apps in the project

Music Player(Aka ZPlayer)

You can:
- As with the Zune player, this player will save a play history of the music you listen to, save favourites and also display newly added tracks to the home screen of the player.
- The home screen will have 3 sections: home, history and new.
- The radio player works using the Android mediaplayer API and streams MP3 music from internet radio stations.
- users can save radio stations as favourites and easily jump to their favourite stations.

To do:
- interface improvements
- implement color preferences to match colors of the other apps in the project
- animated activity switching
- homescreen widgets
- last.fm integration for scrobbling
- high resolution images for background images.
- playlist and genre section under "music"

Last edited:

00Ghz

Extras:

WP7Notifications:http://dl.dropbox.com/u/11620804/Update-WP7Notifications-signed.zip
WP7Ringtones:http://dl.dropbox.com/u/11620804/Update-WP7Ringtones-signed.zip
WP7 Theme for GO SMS: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/13428027/GOS...mpleBlueW7.apk
*Credits for this go to lucas.scott and sualfred*

WP7 Theme for HTC Keyboard: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=942743

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Videos:

Video Review of the Apps: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HIMpAga1hkg

Messaging app Alpha:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPDdBUsh_cY

Last edited:

androidfanboi

Sep 14, 2010
lol

So let me get this straight you want programmers, designers and beta testers. So where do you come into all this lol? This sounds more like to me your asking people to do the job you cant

I would like to start an project to port the Windows Phone 7 UI to Android(Including Launcher and some basic utilities like mail/dialer/contacts/music/etc.), not just a theme using LauncherPro or ADW Launcher. Everybody can contribute to this in any way possible. So let the work begin and hope to see your contributions to this one as soon as possible.I will keep updating this thread every day in order to keep things in order. Good Luck!

What do I need?

1) Programmers
2) Designers
3) Beta testers: atomfix, JKshowman, Sellitus,MStott

P.S. Remember all who choose to contribute to this project please P.M me or post what are you willing to do in order to assign task based on your current skills.

Nexus One Thread:http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=8792774#post8792774

Desire Thread:http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=8792538#post8792538

JahmanSoldat

Aug 17, 2010
Brussel
I would like to start an project to port the Windows Phone 7 UI to Android(Including Launcher and some basic utilities like mail/dialer/contacts/music/etc.), not just a theme using LauncherPro or ADW Launcher. Everybody can contribute to this in any way possible. So let the work begin and hope to see your contributions to this one as soon as possible.I will keep updating this thread every day in order to keep things in order. Good Luck!

What do I need?

1) Programmers
2) Designers

P.S. Remember all who choose to contribute to this project please P.M me or post what are you willing to do in order to assign task based on your current skills.

Zune player on Android, i say YES! :D and compatibility with Zune software for synchronizing music-video-images with it!

But the bootloader blocked all issues to do it...

Reactions: hungdungmt

thefunkaygibbon

Apr 9, 2010
Stafford
We need the devs to crack the bootloader first before you can do anything on this project.

You wouldn't need the bootloader cracked if this is a launcher replacement.
I.e. equivalent to ADWLauncher.

I dont want to start the 2.1 debate again (theres another topic for that) but we may need the upgrade before we can make a better home replacement app. (LauncherPro requires 2.1 for example)

I'll be interested in testing this though, should the project come to something

xastey

Mar 4, 2007
Zune player on Android, i say YES! :D and compatibility with Zune software for synchronizing music-video-images with it!

But the bootloader blocked all issues to do it...

I started on a Zune player for android a while back, had a few screens transfer over/layout and whatnot.. just needed to add the code from the old player.. I may just revamp up this project again :)

ItsDave

Jun 29, 2007
I'm in for testing and perhaps some dev work. I am a software engineer but haven't gotten in to android sdk much yet

Sent from my R2-D2

00Ghz

I started on a Zune player for android a while back, had a few screens transfer over/layout and whatnot.. just needed to add the code from the old player.. I may just revamp up this project again :)

Cheers bro! Hope you will contribute :)

Sent from my HTC Desire using XDA App

Zei

Oct 8, 2009
Id Love to be a beta tester, I love blowing up phones with new tech LOL j/p

But beta tester for sure

lucas.scott

Mar 10, 2009
Nashville, TN
Would definitely test on dx and help with any audio related needs. Also can put me down for a massive donation if this thing takes off. Was planning on two hundred going to a wp7 device but doesn't look like Verizon will have it for a while. If this is legit... more than happy to give it to you guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    These apps are not meeting the requirements as having a free version, due to passworded RAR archives. Thread will be re-opened if passwords are provided in the post or removed from the archives.
    lol

So let me get this straight you want programmers, designers and beta testers. So where do you come into all this lol? This sounds more like to me your asking people to do the job you cant

What do I need?

1) Programmers
    2) Designers

Nexus One Thread:http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=8792774#post8792774

Desire Thread:http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=8792538#post8792538
    Video preview of music + video player

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s44iQ88S2dc

This is a preview of the progress of the WP7 music player. :)
    Ok I get that this stuff is hard to do and you have personal lives, but we can only go off of the op updates and your posts and so far it looks like a you have done is a dialer and a buggy contact list app. I know that this takes time but many people have donated to the project, and nobody has seen any progress through say a screen shot or anything.

I love the project idea and I want to donate but it looks like this is going nowhere. I get that you put a lot of time into this but please show us anything! A weekly video log so we can see what it looks like or Hell even a screen shot, anything is good for the public who doesn't know what is going on behind the scenes

Sent from my Incredible using XDA App
    wanted to let you guys know im working on a boot animation for us all , hopefully when its done Drake will add it to the OP with my ringtones/notifications . Im also porting the UI sounds (clicks and stuff).