[ROM] [cwm]-BLACKEDITION FOR THE SGS2-Apr-28-2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

RealPariah

Aug 4, 2010
Fix permissions fix found!
Alright after testing fix permissions I found a way to make it run!

Issue: fix permissions won't run from recovery (correctly (it says done in less than 60 secs and stops instantly for me saying completed and while in Android; ROM manager script runs but freezes at random points (same if you open terminal emulator and run it).

Resolution:
You have to have adb on a computer for this
Boot in to Recovery
plug USB in to phone and computer
Go in to mounts and storage and mount /system and /data
On computer open a command line window (windows) or terminal (Linux or OSX)

Run "ADB devices" and be sure it is not all ? For device number (if it is restart recovery and reseat USB connection and run "adb kill-server" on computer) I had to run terminal as root (admin for best results bit got it to work either way really)

Now run "adb shell" after mounting /system and /data

Once that opens and you get ~# run "sh fix_permissions -l -r" just like that (with two separate - don't do -lr or it won't run)

Of it says not found mount /system

If it says something about read only variable you forgot the preceding sh (may need to do "cd /sbin" then "sh fix_permissions" if you still have an issue.

This is only way I can get fix permissions to run (even tried sh fix_permissions -l -r in Android terminal emulator and script manager to no avail)

After fix permissions ran correctly it really helped iron some small performance issues and notably helped.

I hoped that helps! :D

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2

tarmacx

Sep 4, 2008
Thanks RealPariah

I had to flash the standard cwm cause the recovery touch was not letting me adb (Qualcomm hsusb drivers did not get recognized)

Also I had to use the "cd /sbin" "fix_permissions -l -r" because the run was not found...

Now it works ! Thanks a lot !

RealPariah

Aug 4, 2010
Thanks RealPariah

I had to flash the standard cwm cause the recovery touch was not letting me adb (Qualcomm hsusb drivers did not get recognized)

Also I had to use the "cd /sbin" "fix_permissions -l -r" because the run was not found...

Now it works ! Thanks a lot !

Interesting I use Clockwork Touch and adb works [sometimes get ???? when I run adb devices but adb kill-server and reconnecting the phone I usually get it right back].

You may have had a bad flash of the recovery be sure to download via WiFi ONLY and do not touch anything while ROM Manager downloads and sets it up. If you use Odin Method try downloading the recovery image again and give it another shot.

Thanks for letting me know of the cd /sbin as I stated before when I got the can not be found I found I had forgotten to mount /system so that is good to know as when you boot recovery the PATH variable should include sbin meaning anything in there should run regardless of where you are in directory structure so good to note that may not be the case.

Yeah, it did not work miracles [like doubling my speed or some other crazy statement that stretches belief], but my phone is definitely a lot happier, more stable, and even a touch more smooth after running fix permissions fully this way YAY :)

tarmacx

Sep 4, 2008
Interesting I use Clockwork Touch and adb works [sometimes get ???? when I run adb devices but adb kill-server and reconnecting the phone I usually get it right back].

You may have had a bad flash of the recovery be sure to download via WiFi ONLY and do not touch anything while ROM Manager downloads and sets it up. If you use Odin Method try downloading the recovery image again and give it another shot.

Thanks for letting me know of the cd /sbin as I stated before when I got the can not be found I found I had forgotten to mount /system so that is good to know as when you boot recovery the PATH variable should include sbin meaning anything in there should run regardless of where you are in directory structure so good to note that may not be the case.

Yeah, it did not work miracles [like doubling my speed or some other crazy statement that stretches belief], but my phone is definitely a lot happier, more stable, and even a touch more smooth after running fix permissions fully this way YAY :)

Same for me, I had weird freezing with a small vibration sometimes for no reasons, also acore FCs gapps FCs etc... I managed to fix permissions partially with SuperCharger_V6 and it improved a bit, but now with a complete fix_permissions I didnt see any FC of freezing yet.

---------- Post added at 10:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:51 AM ----------

Also, I tried to run fix_permissions form Rom Manager, Supercharger_V6, Terminal and CWM after your method worked and all of them failed... wonder what's different with running from adb in recovery.

RealPariah

Aug 4, 2010
Ok so how are a getting into adb is not recognizing the phone

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T989 using xda premium

As started in my post if it says ?????? When you run adb devices restart recovery and reconnect USB.

Also may needed to run command as administrator (windows right click cmd.exe and click run a administrator or in cmd type "runas /user:%computername%\administrator cmd" without quotes (windows XP SP 2+, Vista, and 7)

Or in Linux from terminal "gksudo xfce4-terminal &" (or sub your terminal command for xfce4-terminal (xubuntu) and keep the & (tells Linux to run add background progress so if you close first terminal root terminal stays open).

Also could hold alt and tap F2 and in Linux it brings yo run box then use "gksudo xfce4-terminal" no quotes and no & this way.

You need to have Android SDK downloaded and at least have downloaded the USB tools piece and of course have installed correct device drivers (install Samsung kies as that installs drivers for galaxy S2)

Last edited:

armyofbear136

Oct 15, 2011
Aha! So fix permissions kicked BUTT, lovin my phone again =] thanks so much

also the Camera.apk from ChicagoEire supports 8mp and is the ICS camera and it works on blackedition so i thought you guys might like that (it's attached =])

Attachments

• Camera.apk
    4.3 MB · Views: 54
Reactions: pro95accord

RealPariah

Aug 4, 2010
Aha! So fix permissions kicked BUTT, lovin my phone again =] thanks so much

also the Camera.apk from ChicagoEire supports 8mp and is the ICS camera and it works on blackedition so i thought you guys might like that (it's attached =])

I also have been using Camera 360. It is free and even allows you to adjust the direction of the saved photo in it's settings so you can even adjust for image being oddly rotated. Mine are 90 degrees counterclockwise to the direction of orientation by default (shows fine on screen just saves rotated).

Yes you could also fix with a photo editor real easily too, but if taking a bunch of photos it gets time consuming.

RealPariah

Aug 4, 2010
Army was it difficult to do? I just don't know if it's over my head.. Don't wanna screw it up..

Planet earth would look so much cooler with rings..

It is not difficult and will not break anything. You just need to have the ability to use adb on a computer however you choose to install. After that it is just 3-4 command and a Short wait. :D

Of course I take no responsibility for your device as there is always a chance (no matter how remote it may be) you could have an issue this is just so rare with fix permissions statistically you are way safe.

Device: TMobile Samsung Galaxy S2 [SGH-T989]
ROM: Yaldak's Vanilla ICS RC2
Radio: Blaze ICS
Performance Mod: Supercharger v6 update 8
Client: Xparent Green TapaTalk [latest]

Reactions: mysticfrog

mysticfrog

Dec 11, 2011
Fort Meyer Fla
Cool I'll check out out when i get off.. I'm just wondering if there will be a update soon.. But thanks man

RealPariah

Aug 4, 2010
I'm running windows 7 and how do i get adb by the way? Driving at the moment, i can Google it ..

Download Google Android SDK and run the menu it will give list of downloads. Choose the USB tools and install. Then, in adb directory (wherever you extracted it) look for hidden folder named platform-tools. If you don't add that directory to your path then when you open command prompt do CD C:\androidsdk (or whatever)\platform-tools

Now run adb devices with phone connected if it is running you will awe the comp either start adb server and list a serial number with status or if you get ?????? reconnect phone and restart recovery oh and also run adb kill-server then when reconnected try adb devices again to see if you get correct listing. Adb will restart it's defer when any command is tried if adb is not already running so no need to adb start-server.

Last edited:

mysticfrog

Dec 11, 2011
Fort Meyer Fla
Download Google Android SDK and run the menu it will give list of downloads. Choose the USB tools and install. Then, in adb directory (wherever you extracted it) look for hidden folder named platform-tools. If you don't add that directory to your path then when you open command prompt do CD C:\androidsdk (or whatever)\platform-tools

Now run adb devices with phone connected if it is running you will awe the comp either start adb server and list a serial number with status or if you get ?????? reconnect phone and restart recovery oh and also run adb kill-server then when reconnected try adb devices again to see if you get correct listing. Adb will restart it's defer when any command is tried if adb is not already running so no need to adb start-server.

Damn took a minute thanks army for d help i had to play around with the fix_permissions part but after trial and error got it... it wasnt working the other way the -l -r i apparently didnt need.. alls good now

---------- Post added at 05:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:38 AM ----------

might have a update for it to the latest leak might not not sure yet..

Love the rom raver im learning alot about certain things now.. i can only imagine what you go through... i got some new found respekt for ya mate...

armyofbear136

Oct 15, 2011
Damn took a minute thanks army for d help i had to play around with the fix_permissions part but after trial and error got it... it wasnt working the other way the -l -r i apparently didnt need.. alls good now

You should really go back and do it again with -l -r... they are very important... this guide (http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=24960214&postcount=1022) works verbatim on any t989, adb shell->cd /sbin->sh fix_permissions -l -r

I don't know why you have had so much trouble man. Just don't skip any steps and it will work.

might have a update for it to the latest leak might not not sure yet..

That sounds like it would be cool, although tbh I didn't see alot of differences when I was running ChicagoEire, however shortlived that was. You know better than us the differences in the bases, if you think it's worth it do it but I truthfully wouldn't mind waiting for an even better base should there be updates. I wouldn't want to see your work go to waste if you're going to have to do alot of it over again.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Black edition - Samsung Galaxy II
    1. Android 4.0.3 Google Source build.
    2. Dsp
    3. Google Music
    4. Lock screens
    5. Customazible Hardware keys

Github repo Per GPL
    Working on upload.

NOTES

This ROM is provided as is
    I am not going to change the theme for you
    I am not going to diagnose your random reboots
    Don't come complaining when you flashed init.d tweaks that make your phone unstable
    Don't come complaining when you use undervolt/overclock settings that make your phone unstable
    I will only change things around in the rom if it's reasonable

Experimental builds
    RC-10-Expermental
    MD5
    7cd5f20107891f110d3f2010936340cf

Expermental-9 AOSP
    MD5
    55e91b20482cb485a48e2fe2d43c5e1a
    Expermental-RC8
    MD5
    6b289071abb3c1d6ff380596815c3cee

Latest Version
    RC-7
    MD5
    293bb34b97a08b5bb3415c502ab76daf

Older Releases
    RC-6
    MD5
    195051699b6d3d24f155bcd791af9e89
    RC-5
    MD5
    1c31da1765c93de35f78b9b9b03431a0
    RC-4-fixed
    MD5
    8c9a954d2ed760124373dd981dc51b01
    RC-3
    MD5
    3ed303a9df02e2d3ee0231f1b4c7e242
    RC-2
    MD5
    28591f0a39f4b94294711f2864bf8c94
    Remixed-To ICS
    MD5
    1d102af20297553784ec77e1d0f9a89b

Chain log
    Rc-10
    Fixed settings
    Fixed the ability to choose lockscreens and buttons
    Error when mounting internal emmc (some apps do read it tho...)
    Wi fi working
    Calling and texting might work how ever i cannot test it
    Audio of any kind does not work
    Visual glitches with screen should be none.
    Rotation works
    External sd card mounting works
    Using Darkside kernel.
    Need testers that can logcat.

Rc-9
    Full AOSP Rebuilt and kanged in from Leak + Dsp from cm9
    Audio fully working
    Data, wi fi, and Calling fully working.
    No rotation issues.
    Internal sd and external sd works (note it does map external to internal sd working on a fix eject sd card if you want to mount usb.)
    Shouldn't call echo.
    Removed all touch wiz apps now fully google source built apps.

RC-8- The hybrid lives
    Ported most of aosp to work with the device properly
    Rewrote part of the framework to use aosp instead of touch wiz!
    Lockscreens--- ABOUT TIME U LAZY ASS DEV LOL :p
    Ics AOSP Launcher- Fully working no rotate or image being stuck on screen issues :p
    ICS AOSP image viewer with the ability to cough change lock screen images (also left gallery 3d some like it i dono why but they do)
    ICS AOSP MMS
    ICS GOOGLE EQ EFFECTS COUGH ATUALLY WORKING BETTER THEN THEY DID.
    ICS AOSP CAMERA SUPPORT-8mp cam works recording does not panorama doesn't work just yet
    Kanged in nexus rom battery mod i dono it just fit with it hope u dont mind. n wi fi sorry was to hard to read grey on grey for me...
    MUCH MORE MUCH MUCH MORE!!!!
    Fixed a **** ton of build issues and removed redundant files!!
    THIS IS EXPERIMENTAL THERE WILL BE BUGS DON'T FLASH IF YOU DON'T WANT TO TEST AND REPORT WITH LOG-CATS YOU BEEN WARNED!!!
    YOU WILL NEED TO ADD YOUR APN---T-Mobile-APN
    Chrome error just re download from market and re install over it fixes it!!

RC-7
    Updated to latest leak.
    Fixed some of the theme
    Net flix working
    Camera working
    Boot Animations supported
    All Att Bloat removed
    Much more :p
    Based of Raceings modified leak

RC-6
    Video recording works slow but its still now functional.
    cleaned out of a few of the beats audio remains that were causing some errors in logcat.

Rc-5
    Removed Samsung keyboard for aosp keyboard
    Gave Users a better dictionary do to the fact the touch wiz one well face it sucks.
    Fixed system to re mount root and system folders as read write
    Fixed issues with calender sync and will now allow you to sync calendar with Google.
    Gave Rom Sgs2 boot animation so people realize its actually booting :p
    Misc bug fixes

Rc-4-Fixed
    Fixed issues with exchange mail servers should work now.
    RC-4
    Built and added Pure aosp camera with full camera settings (working on video recording settings)- seems to be my bane
    Built and added stock aosp Desk clock with alarm clock
    Built and added aosp Calculator
    apex launcher
    Removed beats and did my own eq effects from aosp source
    Rotation fixed
    Speed up overall rom
    And much more i know im forgetting

RC-3
    Removed Gallery 3d and used my own AOSP gallery
    Pretty much fixed the theme so it matches Valhalla black for the sgs4g
    Added Init D scripts- These ones actually work :p
    Added Kernel with support for boot animation In Secure and Init D support
    Still Debloated
    Need to remap VVM button to????? (community input)

RC-2
    Fixed issue with busybox not being able to actually give TB root privileges, Removed At&T Boot logo, Misc Bugfixes mostly cosmetically, Fixed a few script errors when porting HTC Resound audio.

Remix-to-ICS
    Initial Release

Screenshots
    1.png
    2.png
    3.png
    4.png
    5.png
    6.png
    7.png
    8.png

Q&A Thread Here
    hope to have a update out for u today between laptop malfunction's dog having puppies and needing to find a job lol its been a special week :p. Ya i know excuses excuses but i think u will be pleased.
    experimental 9 should be out later in the evening finally got rid of all of touch wiz reduced the size down from 200+ mb down to about 120 mb or so ya de wizzing everything does that its now full aosp experience fixing some camera issues and battery notification issues and adding the ability to change lock screens etc :p not a bad way to spend a 24 hour code fest. Also joe from the skyrocket dev threads will be jumping on board to help me iron out some more issues.

camera works panorama does not recording does not but i hope with joes help we can iron it out if not ill have some workaround for it :p.

other then that all other functionality do seem to work as intended :p

You will have to add your apn in to get it to see the tmobile network Reason for this is that way skyrocket users can flash and just add there apn so its pretty universal :p

yawn im exausted lol being a 1 person team can be tiresome.
    SCREEN SHOTS AOSP
    9.png
    10.png
    11.png
    12.png
    13.png
    14.png
    16.png
    17.png
    18.png
    19.png
    20.png