20.7 mp grainy camera improvised.

Search This thread

buntybauva

Mar 9, 2007
hello ,

as we have bought sony z1 mainly for 20.7 mp camera and water resistance with amazing build quality. but later most of ppol who have lil shaky hands realized that they are not able to take good pix specially during night , low light times. and because of this are upset as we have invested so much and not getting the results for what we paid.

sony z1 camera is really amazing and really good piece of hardware but they have not been able to give the phone the right software, that's where 3rd party apps comes in.

try out NUBIA CAMERA v1.0.26 and above its basically of ZTE , but you will get really good night shots comparing to stock camera, and even better color saturation, ( LENOVO CAMERA is also a very good app but unfortunately it doesn't suits and works with sony z1 camera drivers.)

NUBIA CAMERA additional plus point is that in auto mode it take's 20.7 mp shots, in manual mode there are better focus settings resulting in less grainy image and better night and low light shots. so basically this app supports and uses full potential of the internal hardware camera capability and does not limits the mega pixel issue as most of other apps are limited with and just delivers the better platform for sony z1 camera module.

and please don't ask the download link you can do that in Google and its an free app.

please post end user reviews after trying this app and if any better solution and try to make our camera better then ever

aooga

Feb 19, 2011
California
hello ,

as we have bought sony z1 mainly for 20....
and please don't ask the download link you can do that in Google and its an free app.

please post end user reviews after trying this app and if any better solution and try to make our camera better then ever

It's not compatible with the Z1s.

Also, please explain these permissions. Just want to make sure that nothing malicious is happening :)

"Your messages
Read email attachments"

"Phone calls
read phone status and identity
reroute outgoing calls"

DeadLover

Dec 13, 2010
Mexico
Wow Nubia take way better low light pictures a lot of noise is reduced compared with the stock camera! I have to play more with this app to see how much can do. Thanks! (tried with version 1.0.26 of the app)

Sent from my C6906 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

NiM72NiK

Jun 28, 2012
Tehran
yeah bro!!! it really works!
i do love SONY co. but I'm really sorry for the software department.we have to use non sony app to get the real quality of a sony product!

thanx anyway

HarpingOn

Oct 20, 2010

Also, please explain these permissions. Just want to make sure that nothing malicious is happening :)

"Your messages
Read email attachments"

"Phone calls
reroute outgoing calls"

I'd like to know that too. Sounds suspicious for a camera

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

ravi_buz

Nov 18, 2010
Hyderabad

"Your messages
Read email attachments"

"Phone calls
reroute outgoing calls"

Your accounts
find accounts on the device
add or remove accounts
use accounts on the device
Your location
approximate location (network-based)
precise location (GPS and network-based)
Your messages
Read email attachments
Network communication
view network connections
full network access
control Near Field Communication
change network connectivity
view Wi-Fi connections
Phone calls
reroute outgoing calls
Storage
modify or delete the contents of your USB storage
Camera
take pictures and videos
Other Application UI
draw over other apps
Microphone
record audio
Lock screen
disable your screen lock
System tools
modify system settings
test access to protected storage
Affects battery
control vibration
prevent device from sleeping
Your applications information
run at startup
Sync Settings
read sync settings
toggle sync on and off
Wallpaper
set wallpaper

Thats a lot of permissions for a camera app! and its not compatible.

dlads

Aug 24, 2010
Liverpool
Nothing Phone 2
Your accounts
add or remove accounts
Your location
approximate location (network-based)
precise location (GPS and network-based)
Your messages
Read email attachments
Network communication
view network connections
full network access
control Near Field Communication
change network connectivity
view Wi-Fi connections
Phone calls
reroute outgoing calls
Storage
modify or delete the contents of your USB storage
Camera
take pictures and videos
Other Application UI
draw over other apps
Microphone
record audio
Lock screen
disable your screen lock
System tools
modify system settings
test access to protected storage
Affects battery
control vibration
prevent device from sleeping
Your applications information
run at startup
Sync Settings
read sync settings
toggle sync on and off
Wallpaper
set wallpaper

How many things can a camera link to? All of those things are plausible. None are malicious.

Click share after taking a pic to see what I mean.

Sent from my C6903 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

snigglets

Jan 2, 2012
Yeah its a very good camera app..im loving it too

Sent from my C6902 using xda app-developers app

funky0308

Inactive Recognized Themer
Aug 27, 2012
Osijek
I have to admit I was very skeptical about this but then I try to shoot one picture under the blanket with a flash on...

Result is very good... (20.7 mpx manual)
ype4edud.jpg

Although I get similar results with stock camera too...(8mpx auto)
ebynydud.jpg

(out of focus but that's not important)

I'll check night photos but for now can't find reason to tell it's that better that I'll use only it.

Last edited:

Horayken

Nov 4, 2010
Marcos Paz
Hello! Can someone provide the apk? Can't find it. And the only one that I found is not compatible..gallery force close

Sent from my C6903 using xda app-developers app

funky0308

Inactive Recognized Themer
Aug 27, 2012
Osijek
But for macro pictures is incredibly good...

I'm uploading to box right now to show you this in full size.
Download and try to zoom - no blurring, no grannies...
4e4ynuna.jpg

FULL SIZE

Last edited:

aooga

Feb 19, 2011
California
How many things can a camera link to? All of those things are plausible. None are malicious.

Click share after taking a pic to see what I mean.

Sent from my C6903 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

No camera app needs permission for phone calls, text messages, and email. I write apps, and to share a picture, no permissions are needed. Just use the default android intent chooser (the menu you get when you click the share icon that lets you pick gmail, google plus, email, messaging ...etc)

---------- Post added at 08:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:48 AM ----------

Your accounts
add or remove accounts
set wallpaper

No, some are expected since it can probably set the wallpaper, and upload pictures, but I agree...too many unless the dev explains why.

ravi_buz

Nov 18, 2010
Hyderabad
No camera app needs permission for phone calls, text messages, and email. I write apps, and to share a picture, no permissions are needed. Just use the default android intent chooser (the menu you get when you click the share icon that lets you pick gmail, google plus, email, messaging ...etc)

---------- Post added at 08:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:48 AM ----------

No, some are expected since it can probably set the wallpaper, and upload pictures, but I agree...too many unless the dev explains why.

Also the link to the developer's website takes us to a Chinese phone website. Untill the OP explains something, i am not trying this app.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    hello ,

as we have bought sony z1 mainly for 20.7 mp camera and water resistance with amazing build quality. but later most of ppol who have lil shaky hands realized that they are not able to take good pix specially during night , low light times. and because of this are upset as we have invested so much and not getting the results for what we paid.

sony z1 camera is really amazing and really good piece of hardware but they have not been able to give the phone the right software, that's where 3rd party apps comes in.

try out NUBIA CAMERA v1.0.26 and above its basically of ZTE , but you will get really good night shots comparing to stock camera, and even better color saturation, ( LENOVO CAMERA is also a very good app but unfortunately it doesn't suits and works with sony z1 camera drivers.)

NUBIA CAMERA additional plus point is that in auto mode it take's 20.7 mp shots, in manual mode there are better focus settings resulting in less grainy image and better night and low light shots. so basically this app supports and uses full potential of the internal hardware camera capability and does not limits the mega pixel issue as most of other apps are limited with and just delivers the better platform for sony z1 camera module.

Hello! Can someone provide the apk? Can't find it. And the only one that I found is not compatible..gallery force close

Sent from my C6903 using xda app-developers app

I had to google it but i found it.I just hope db doesnt block it https://www.dropbox.com/s/c3kmpc1au1odno2/Nubia_camera_V1_0_26.apk