Do we need a 12 Step program for ROM Flashers?

Search This thread

jwzg

Retired Senior Moderator
Jan 31, 2006
Prattville, AL
This is the 6th time I've flashed today. I'm playing around with cooking a vanilla ROM and believe me, when (if) it's finished, you'll swear it came straight from HTC. 8 MB PP, based on Faria's vanilla ROM.

Dr Puttingham

Retired Moderator
Jul 24, 2005
Delray Beach, FL
When's the next meeting?

Hi, my name is Steven and I'm a phone flashing addict.

As a founding member of the Unhappy Wives Club here it's nice to know that we weren't (and aren't) alone!

However there's hope! Yesterday I upgrading to the Hermes and presented my lovely wife with my Wizard (replacing the Blue Angel handmedown) and she actually asked that I continue to keep her new PDA running the latest and greatest even though I'll be spending the majority of my time on the Hermes forums... maybe she'll want to learn how to cook... hmmmm...

JamesR311

Mar 28, 2007
Hello, my name is James, I am a recovering MotoModder. I loved my MoMo, she had a new flash/flex at least twice a week. At first I only flashed other people's work. Then it grew from there. Before you know it I was writing my own gain tables and making skins for iTunes. But that was then...

Five days ago I ordered the 8125 from cingular.com. Two days ago it came in. Today it got flashed!!! I feel like the guy who quit smoking but started dipping copenhagen instead :D

I hated to give up my ROKR E1!. The phone would not die, you could always revive her!

And to think I told one of my friends I finally got a new phone, one that I couldn't mod :rolleyes:

X-plorer

Mar 31, 2007
Mad-Town
www.iancassiman.com
Just got X-plore 1.0 on my wizard and told my wife I'm done messing with it, I have it just how i want. Now, I see there is a new RUU ROM out there and have downloaded. I haven't flashed yet, but that's probably cause i need to get my battery above 50%! Flashing isn't the hard part, its reinstalling all the apps and setting up my cingular wireless account and exchange folder. Pretty much got all the configurations memorized. Yeah, i think its gonna be a late night....

I feel better now that I got that off my chest.

golfernutnflorida

Jan 9, 2007
FLORIDA
www.myspace.com
Well see, theres your problem, you should feel like someone that quit smoking and dipping Skoal, not Copenhagen!!!!! lol:D

Hello, my name is James, I am a recovering MotoModder. I loved my MoMo, she had a new flash/flex at least twice a week. At first I only flashed other people's work. Then it grew from there. Before you know it I was writing my own gain tables and making skins for iTunes. But that was then...

Five days ago I ordered the 8125 from cingular.com. Two days ago it came in. Today it got flashed!!! I feel like the guy who quit smoking but started dipping copenhagen instead :D

I hated to give up my ROKR E1!. The phone would not die, you could always revive her!

And to think I told one of my friends I finally got a new phone, one that I couldn't mod :rolleyes:

hal

Jan 6, 2005
Welcome to FA

Welcome to Flasher Anonymous.
Thanks for sharing.

Hal

kingdarr

Apr 8, 2007
Hmmmmm

I'd like to try this ROM flashing stuff.......Somebody tell me where to get started and If I brick the phone, is there a way to just flash it again to recover or once it's bricked is it over?

dwny

May 25, 2006
CLT / BKLYN
Hmmmmm

I'd like to try this ROM flashing stuff.......Somebody tell me where to get started and If I brick the phone, is there a way to just flash it again to recover or once it's bricked is it over?

Wrong thread for you! ........ :mad:
People here have real problems....we flash & can't stop! :D
Keep reading and you'll find what you're looking for. Help is given once you do your research and people can tell by the questions you ask. Not trying to be a jerk but you're in the wrong place if you want someone to hold your hand.

newbie2

Mar 19, 2006
Ohio Valley
Hmmmmm

Going along with dwny here. . . A good place to start would be the thread I've linked to:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=298613

The 12-step program has been "reserved" for those of us that just can't seem to get enough, and keep living dangerously "on the edge". . .

LASALZ

Feb 14, 2007
I love this fourm However...

I have been able to flash my 8125 to the button rom with out any issues however no other rom will flash...I either get to 99% and it times out and Bricks or it says I need a newer uploader....The rom id like to see work is
fariaclean or any of that sort....any suggestions??

Kenny

rupture

Apr 1, 2007
Toronto, ON
I have been able to flash my 8125 to the button rom with out any issues however no other rom will flash...I either get to 99% and it times out and Bricks or it says I need a newer uploader....The rom id like to see work is
fariaclean or any of that sort....any suggestions??

Kenny

Is your 8125 a G3 or G4? Is it unlocked?

LASALZ

Feb 14, 2007
It is a G3 unlocked

I have the 8125 g3 unlocked with the latest Rom package from HTC

Kenny

edhaas

Feb 19, 2006
New York City
www.edwardhaas.com
Another Junkie

I am really having problems. No new roms for at least 4 days. I couldn't stop myself, and tried flashing the new German T-Mobile rom and converting it to English. Went to bed at 5 am. Finally had to revert back to X-plore when I realized I needed to actually use the damn thing to be productive! I spend more time flashing, re-installing and tweaking, than I do actually using it! Sick..

mfrazzz

Sep 12, 2006
Falcon, Colorado
I've had a new situation arise today... My SBSH Pocket Breeze, Pocket Weather, and Pocket Informant all "expired" from their "trial" modes (I have codes, but I've been flashing so often I haven't taken the time to put in codes since I flash and reload them again in a few days). This means I've been on one ROM for some time now! Flashing Withdrawls are starting to set in again ;) I've even started looking at old WM5 ROMs that I've never tried... Sheesh...