[APP]simply 100% BACKUP your phone RESTORE over ZUNE- not for CUSTOM ROM´s like DFT)

Search This thread

theshadow03

Nov 9, 2011
i get the same error

Error: Die COM-Klassenfactory für die Komponente mit CLSID {77CB935D-D0CC-4249-8
643-3C387A514A27} konnte aufgrund des folgenden Fehlers nicht abgerufen werden:
Call stack:
bei Microsoft.WindowsMobile.DeviceUpdate.DeviceManager.Initialize()
bei Microsoft.WindowsMobile.DeviceUpdate.DeviceManager.get_Instance()
bei wm7update.Program.Main(String[] args)

i don`t no what to do...

Martin7Pro

Oct 23, 2011
htc7pro.howto.cz
HTC HD7 with DFT Mango V1 ROM, backup completed but stuck on HTC logo after restart. So, DFT Mango V2 had to be put in action but after that i get error code trying to do restore of backup in app and in Zune also - 801812E0....

With new V3 DFT ROM you have three possibilities:

1. Search backup application version, which stops update immediatelly after backup (see forum).
2. Search or make new dummy.cab, which is related to DTF ROM.
3. To do backup everytime in two steps - after create backup immediatelly return it to phone. This is stupid and slow solution. But, I am using it now, becouse it is very simply, working with V3 DFT ROM and I need backup only sometime.

SagaPer

Apr 28, 2009
Volda, Norway
Backup fails on XBmod-Yuki Build 7740

I have tested this backup procedure on my HD2 with Backup fails on XBmod-Yuki Build 7740 (Sp1) and get the following error (some text translated from Norwegian to English):

Controlling phone status: Completed in 0,01 seconds
Controlling system prerequisites: Completed in 0,46 seconds
Downloading updates: Completed in 2,15 seconds
Controlling system prerequisites: Completed in 0,11 seconds
Transferring updates: Completed in 17,27 seconds
Preparing installation: Completed in 23,59 seconds
Error:
Update device 4d521cd6 - 52e2b7ae - 8c4b96f2 - bd2310b4 Complete with error code
: 800B010A, error message: A sertificate chain could not be build against a verified root instance.

No file was created for backup...

JamesAllen

Mar 10, 2007
NJ
Dummy Cab

I already have the WP7 Update Cab Sender.bat installed and working for update purposes. Can I just frop the dummy cab in the same folder and run a backup?

adihere

Nov 15, 2008
worked flawlessly, thanks so much..kudos!!! And I never even received the error message...possibly cuz i was already on mango already idk but here is what i got:

Checking your phone's status: Completed in 0.02 seconds
Checking system requirements: Completed in 0.13 seconds
Downloading updates: Completed in 0.54 seconds
Checking system requirements: Completed in 0.02 seconds
Transferring updates: Completed in 0.46 seconds
Preparing to install: Completed in 2.05 seconds
Restarting your phone: Completed in 53.34 seconds
Creating a backup: Completed in 592.32 seconds
Installing updates: Completed in 62.25 seconds
Restarting your phone: Completed in 40.74 seconds
Completing updates: Completed in 0.19 seconds
The device has been updated to version 07.10.07720.03-00.00.00000.00-00.00.00000

╚══════» Done
Press any key to continue . . .

adihere

Nov 15, 2008
This really is a easy and fairly quick way of backing up the phone...tested and works flawlessly on my HTC Arrive. Thanks!!!

Fatila

Jul 6, 2007
Followed procedure as described on LG optimus. The restored data includes no photos, must recover photos. Are they lost of can I retrieve from dat files?

Last edited:

rovafa2002

Dec 24, 2006
Changed my phone!!! What if????

Hi All,

This question might sound stupid or not.

1- Backed Up Samsung Focus without any issues as the intial post says.

2- Bought a new Samsung Focus S unlocked with mango too as the Focus had

3- Can I restore my image of the Focus into the Focus S????

I don't want to be installing every app again. Thanks

ChrisXP27

Jan 28, 2009
my device make a reboot after 13 %. why

HTC Titan - Original RO: - New bootloader from HTC.com - Dev Unlock

chemeng

Apr 14, 2010
Manchester
Ok, i can confirm this method needs internet connection to work properly. After that, works awesome. And the plus thing is the marketplace update notifications works again! thank you so much mirolg!!
Do you claim that you managed to restore a backup to a device, that has been hard-reset after the back-up was made?? That is impossible, at least to my knowledge (also impossible to restore a backup to a different device, even if it is exactly the same model)

initIOs

Apr 18, 2009
any way to parse the update file

After I backup wp7 successfully, I get some file like: 1.dat 2.dat ... which is in c:\users\appdata\local\microsoft\windows phone update\XXX-XXX-XXX\restore point\data

I think it is the data extracted from the wp7.
Any way can i parse it directly?

DavidinCT

Jun 2, 2006
Someplace in CT
Does this backup your settings and will restore them to a different rom ? For example I backup my settings, hard reset it, do a update (newer version of software) then restore this, will this restore my settings(SMS, game saves, apps etc) on the new rom/update ? Or is this a complete image backup, so it would restore the prev version of WP7 needing me to re-update my phone.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    simply BACKUP your phone- to RESTORE over ZUNE tnx xboxmod

Tested few times successful on my OMNIA 7 and HTC MOZART - not suitable for custom ROMs like DFT, maybe, because these have a speciall boot loader ....

100% device Backup Method (SMS/Email/WhatsAPP) also......... and I mean the games score also :D chevron unlock and interop-unlock also. Pictures + Media you can load over Zune back .......

Unzip
    zip.gif
    WP7 Update Cab Sender.zip on your computer. Its a update/backuptool. it conclude a dummy cab- it will only backup your phone- not update. Run the WP7 Update Cab Sender.bat (no ZUNE run). If you get a error, please install the tool from folder "if needed install this tool".

After run the WP7 Update Cab Sender.bat type B for (fake) update and real backup. If you have allready a backup in C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows Phone Update- please cut and paste it in a save place.

After all you will get a error message: IU (Image Update) installation failed on phone: None
    of the packages in the update are applicable

Is o.k. ignore the error message. Your BACKUP are succesful done. the error causes from the "fake update", the update cab is only a dummy and is neeaded to activate the Backup process.

INFO: to see this path/files, you have to activate under windows explorer folder options "visible hidden files" The Backup files you will find in C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows Phone Update such as this folder name d4e21648 - xxxxxx - xxxxxx - xxxxxxx.

When you then connect your phone and start ZUNE, and search to updates, ZUNE tell you "your phone software is actuall" and you get the RESTOREPOINT. Copy/Cut the Backup folder from ....\Windows Phone Update to a save place

INFO: If you RESTORE it over ZUNE plase be patient, the first 10 minutes you do not see an progress- but wait it will! f the screen go off, turn on and lock off the screen AND wait! Restorations duration is ca. 40 min. please do nothing with the phone in this time. be patient. After Restorations connect again with ZUNE, then you get your manufacturer App Store also back

DISCLAIMER
    I will not take any responsibility for any damages caused directly or indirectly from using the software-package or the instructions. Read the instructions thoroughly and proceed carefully!
    :) thank you for your feedback.
    ignore the error message. Your BACKUP are
    succesful done. I have a omnia 7 and 2,4 GB.
    The error causes from the "fake update", the update cab is only a dummy and is neeaded to activate the Backup process.

I have wrote:... Its a update/backuptool. it conclude a dummy cab- it will only backup your phone- not update.

After run the WP7 Update Cab Sender.bat type B for (fake) update and real Backup.
    Thanks
    I am trying it now on my HTC Mozart
    mirolg
    thanks man!)
    Thanks
    I am trying it now on my HTC Mozart

yeeah, a long time i search a simple but effective 100% device Backup Method (SMS/Email/WhatsAPP) also......... and I mean the games score also :D chevron unlock and interop-unlock also. Pictures + Media -you can restore over Zune back .......

thank you guys! pls give some feedbacks here!