DISCONTINUED .: :: Zips Creamed Glacier v4.05 :: :. [DISCONTINUED]

Should Next release have soft Key enabled ?

• Yes, I want soft key enabled!

Votes: 19 20.7%
  • No, I don't need that!

Votes: 30 32.6%
  • I Don't care as long the new release is stable!

Votes: 43 46.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Root-Maniac

Jan 10, 2012
SO. Cali.
Where if any can I find themes for this ROM?? I saw something about the desire HD thread but I'm not trying to brick my phone, lol

Sent from my HTC Glacier using XDA

aawillma

Feb 24, 2012
Phoenix
Search blackened ui on xda. Its by johnblundon Works on most ics roms. Was designed around icecold so it works best on that. Make a nandroid back up and you'll be fine.

Whoever told you flashing an incompatible theme could brick your phone is a jerk. Worst that happens is you get a bunch of FCs or don't boot. That's what the nandroid is for.

I used the theme I mentioned above on Zips ROM and I don't remember having any problems but don't trust that, just try for yourself :rolleyes:

Sent from my Glacier using XDA

Reactions: Root-Maniac

Root-Maniac

Jan 10, 2012
SO. Cali.
Search blackened ui on xda. Its by johnblundon Works on most ics roms. Was designed around icecold so it works best on that. Make a nandroid back up and you'll be fine.

Whoever told you flashing an incompatible theme could brick your phone is a jerk. Worst that happens is you get a bunch of FCs or don't boot. That's what the nandroid is for.

I used the theme I mentioned above on Zips ROM and I don't remember having any problems but don't trust that, just try for yourself :rolleyes:

Sent from my Glacier using XDA

Thank you!!!

NatsuDragneell

Jul 12, 2011
Cincinnati
Yea my settings were uninstalled for some reason.... I'm back to good old stock zips =) =)

same here but gave it another chance an flashed the blacken ice 2.5 version an suceeded
18d1e1fe-ac48-e651.jpg

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5

rldstover48

Aug 22, 2011
New Castle
Breaking your root? They shouldn't be doing that. Are you definitely sure you have S-OFF? Are you flashing them the PD15MG way? because I wouldn't do that... but yaaaay another Zipsnet fan!

Out of curiosity n because im just been out of flashing MT4G for a bit what is the best way to flash other than the new aroma or the PD15img I thought that all the rom zips had to be renamed to that.

I have another MT4G I was given that is stuck when turned on the hboot screen and if done some searching and can't seem to come up with the right search I need. It is currently s-on
would you who know allot more than I point me in the right direction to get it up n running or is ita lost cause I have tryed flashing a stock pd15img but when I do it just errors out. I thank any help please. And if I'm not asking right what do you need to know.

Thanks

eShrooms

Oct 18, 2011
Denver, CO
Breaking your root? They shouldn't be doing that. Are you definitely sure you have S-OFF? Are you flashing them the PD15MG way? because I wouldn't do that... but yaaaay another Zipsnet fan!

Yup. Perma rooted with gfree and I do indeed have S-OFF. I'm also flashing with 4ext. I asked in Q/A and nobody could figure it out either. Regardless, I love this ROM. The only two things that bother me are randomly distorted text and lack of a video recorder. Both which are things I can live with. It's weird because it's only ICS ROM's. Every 2.3.x ROM works just fine.

...Awesome...

Inactive Recognized Developer / Retired Forum Mod
Jul 10, 2010
Chicago
plus.google.com
Yup. Perma rooted with gfree and I do indeed have S-OFF. I'm also flashing with 4ext. I asked in Q/A and nobody could figure it out either. Regardless, I love this ROM. The only two things that bother me are randomly distorted text and lack of a video recorder. Both which are things I can live with. It's weird because it's only ICS ROM's. Every 2.3.x ROM works just fine.

Google SuperUser and download the new version of the app and binaries and you will have your root back.

JLuhmarty

Mar 23, 2011
Sigh. I had to revert to gingerbread yesterday because I started having no stability with this rom. Strange because it was working fairly well for about a week and a half. Hopefully this cm9 build zips is working on will help with whatever has been causing me the freezes and reboots.

Reactions: Bones25u

bellrb19

Aug 21, 2009
Mine didn't reboot for a couple weeks but lately it is rebooting a couple times a day. My guess is some app is causing this, but instead of wiping I am just waiting until the next release. The rebooting typically comes when audio is playing...

This is well worth the wait. The stability typically is amazing.

adrien1977

Oct 20, 2010
Chicago, IL (USA)
Just one word... WOW....
Fantastic rom.

I just put it in my wife's phone (previous was MIUI) and i gotta say, i am back to start using these kinda rom over MIUI.

Fantastic job!!!!!!!!!!!

bertscookie

Dec 27, 2010
Buffalo, NY
Out of curiosity n because im just been out of flashing MT4G for a bit what is the best way to flash other than the new aroma or the PD15img I thought that all the rom zips had to be renamed to that.

I have another MT4G I was given that is stuck when turned on the hboot screen and if done some searching and can't seem to come up with the right search I need. It is currently s-on
would you who know allot more than I point me in the right direction to get it up n running or is ita lost cause I have tryed flashing a stock pd15img but when I do it just errors out. I thank any help please. And if I'm not asking right what do you need to know.

Thanks

I will only use the "Install zip from sdcard" option in recovery. I do not use PD15MG because I'm pretty sure that can mess with your radio (possibly hboot<correct me if I'm wrong here>) which I just don't trust. I enjoy the aroma installer it's nice.

I use the latest CWM recovery. I use 4ext and I liked it but can't be sure it was stable. CWm works fine for me. I like the basicness <--made up word:D of the text mode.

As far as the MT4G that won't leave hboot. I would flash the recovery through adb, because your recovery might be corrupt. Then through the recovery I would flash whatever ROM you like. If it won't go into recovery either the phone NVRAM is bad or more likely the recovery is corrupt.

Reactions: rldstover48

Bones25u

Jan 7, 2012
Sweet, now I get to look forward to Tuesday too!!! You're the best Zips! This thing is going to be as stable as a rock when you release it!

Thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    forum-banner.jpg

CURRENT VERSION 4.05

I DO NOT LONGER HAVE A GLACIER, MY DAUGHTER PUT MY PHONE IN THE TOILET AND IT WON'T TURN ON ANYMORE, IF ANYONE UPGRADING IS WILLING TO DONATE OR SELL HIS PHONE PLEASE LET ME KNOW SO I CAN CONTINUE DEVELOPING FOR THE HTC GLACIER

RIGHT NOW I'M CAN'T TEST THE BUILD, PLEASE REPORT ANY FINDING

We are now using AROMA INSTALLER, please take your time to get familiar with the Installer

HOW TO INSTALL
    Backup All your Apps.
    Format /data and /cache
    Install ROM (aroma installer, no apps included)

Version 4.05

I WAS NOT ABLE TO TEST IN FULL THIS ROM I DON'T KNOW WHAT WORKS OR DOESN'T WORK

Version 4.05
    • Camera Force preview ON/OFF (Default OFF) <- You Need to turn this ON
    • Camera select picture from raw/jpeg
    • Camera Power shutter ON/OFF
    • Camera Sounds (Disable option Under Device / Sounds)
    • Reorganized Settings Menu
    • Zips Control only by Settings menu
    • Fixed Wall Paper LockScreen
    • Fixed Custom Icon LockScreen
    • Added LockScreen Calendar
    • Added LockScreen Weather
    • Trackpad Working
    • Fix for Medscape Application
    • Games running smoothly (Temple run, Angry Birds, etc)
    • Weather in notification bar
    • Different circle mod battery icon
    • Removed ZipsControl Backup / Restore

What Works
    • Camera working
    • New Audio Drivers
    • New Adreno Grafics Lib
    • SMS/MMS
    • GPS/ Maps Navigation
    • Sound
    • Calling
    • Touchscreen
    • 3G/4G Connectivity/Indicator
    • Gmail sync
    • Google Music
    • Calendar sync
    • Facebook sync
    • All sensors
    • Bluetooth
    • Headphones
    • Google Contacts Backup/Restore
    • Wi-Fi tether
    • Data usage tracker
    • Video streaming and playback
    • Genius Button
    • Full 3D HW acceleration

Etc, etc, etc

NOT WORKING

• WIFI Calling
    • Video Camera (Recording)

YOU TELL ME !!

This ROM was made for personal use , but since Febycy is not longer maintaining Creamed Glacier, I have decided to step up and keep up with his legacy.

I'll be updating the ROM and patches, Wednesday of each week, unless something special arise so please be patience!

NOTE: I do this for free, I'm not here for fame nor donations, If you don't like to wait (few days) for a fix or you want things done NOW, you are more than welcome to use any other ROM and I spect you to treat me and my work with respect, same as others in this Thread,

Thanks to Febycv, LorD ClockaN, twistedumbrella, aospx, AOKP, blackwing182 and firesnatch.

Special Thanks to Kontagious for the Banner,Icons and Splash Images

and I2IEAILiiTY for all the Testing and help provided
    :)

I hope you Enjoy my work!

-Zips

Project Home: http://www.zipsnet.mobi/

Report Issues: http://code.google.com/p/zipsnet-ics/issues/list

Low MIC Fix

I've finally managed to fix wired headset Low MIC issue, hooray!

Low MIC Fix includes:
    Handset Fix
    Headset Fix
    DualMic Fix

This fix should work for any ICS powered Roms and kernels for HTC Glacier/HTC Panache, probably will work for HTC Ace and HTC Vision too.
    The update is coming, just having some personal issues that I have to take care first and to be honest, yes I do have the HTC ONE S, but I will keep updating this ROM. I won't go away.

Sent from my HTC VLE_U using Tapatalk 2
    Zips Glacier ------ DISCONTINUED ------------

Sorry Guys, but not having a Phone where to test builds, is pretty difficult for me to continue helping the community, I'll be around just in case.

Thanks

-Zips

family is first take your time :).

i can help you for that patches if you dont have time just hit me op ok

regads

Thanks,

I'm getting ready now to release new update (few days), it will bring a lot of surprises ! :D

-Z