[GAME] [2.3.3+] [FREE] Dracoo Lite

Search This thread
Hi. After playing video games for almost 20 years now, we (a frind of mine and me) finally decided to create one by ourselves. We released the first version on google play store these days...

I hope everybody has a great time and a lot of fun with this game. For questions to technical details and other stuff i am available, of course, in this thread, or you can drop me a mail

Fly the dragon named Dracoo through the lovely 2d scenery in this casual game. Roast as many enemies as possible with your fiery breath. But watch out, they will try to harm you.

phoca_thumb_l_screenshot01.png

phoca_thumb_l_screenshot_2013-03-01-11-48-01.png

phoca_thumb_l_screenshot_2013-03-01-11-54-09.png

phoca_thumb_l_screenshot_2013-03-01-11-59-15.png

phoca_thumb_l_screenshot_2013-03-01-11-51-03.png

Steer Dracoo past all obstacles, stay clear of bats and other shady creatures and eat as many chilis as possible for your breath.

I've done a little level-editor too, to take away the pain of creating levels. If you like, you can try to create some nice levels and then send them to me Maybe, if you have some funny ideas, it will make its way to the full version of the game: http://dracoo-leveleditor.xsheetgames.com

Google Play Store Link

AndroidPit Link

QR-Code.png

I would love to get some feedback! Please tell me what you think.
We will release the full version with 45 Levels and 3 Levelpacks on March 31th.

Greetings Mike
xSheetGames

Looks pretty fun! I'll check it out :)

Sent From Xperia Tablet S

Thank you very much. I hope everything will run smoothly. I once tried it on a xperia tablet s and encountered some problems. Please let me know if the latest performance updates helped. I would love to read your feedback on the overall user experience. There is still some time left for us to include the customers voice in the full version.

Reactions: SammiSaysHello

SammiSaysHello

XDA Portal Team
Sep 3, 2012
Australia
Thank you very much. I hope everything will run smoothly. I once tried it on a xperia tablet s and encountered some problems. Please let me know if the latest performance updates helped. I would love to read your feedback on the overall user experience. There is still some time left for us to include the customers voice in the full version.

The game runs really smooth with no problems so far for me. Its really challenging but that might be because im so bad at games xD cute graphics as well :) may I suggest different 'types' of dragons or fireballs in the future?

Reactions: xSheetGames
The game runs really smooth with no problems so far for me. Its really challenging but that might be because im so bad at games xD cute graphics as well :) may I suggest different 'types' of dragons or fireballs in the future?

I'm glad everything worked smoothly. We thought about different power ups with different effects and ammo (ice ball for example). We plan to deliver new levelpacks through updates later this year. We would include these new powerups there. Thanks for this suggestion. I will discuss it with my partner, but it seems logical to me. It would enhance the depth of the level design ;)

Is the game too hard? Some people stated by now that it is a little too challenging. They haven't faced the first boss yet. He will be hard work to beat :) :)
When I was designing the levels, I had games like rayman origins or the gameboy classic parodius in mind. This games are very challenging too. I hoped, our levels can be beaten with less than 5 trys per level from the average casual player. To target all 3 eggs per level is very challenging indeed.

What is your opinion? Should we aim a little lower?

redemption024

Jan 26, 2013
I gotta hand it to you, the game got me hooked. Over and over again trying to get a full 3 star. Hahaha and I agree, it is challenging but that's what I find to be the charm here. When playing, you get this feeling that it's not that hard but everytime I failed I always go; "ugh, just a little more" or " damn, curse that dead end" lol but I always came back for more. Thanks :D

Sent from my GT-I9070 using xda premium

Reactions: xSheetGames
Thank you

Thank you very much. It is fun to make a game. But it is even more fun when someone actually is playing it. :fingers-crossed:
At the moment, we are drawing and designing the 3rd levelpack: Terror Forest :D We're going to put 3 free levels in the Lite version, of course. The full version will have 45 Levels (and we will enhance the gametime with additional levelpacks via updates). And the full version will be ad-free. I hate the fact that we had to put Ads in the lite version, sorry for that. But, at least the GameScreen itself and the TitleScreen remains ad-free. I would love to read more feedback from you.

I hope everyone has a great time with our game. And don't be shy: Please rate Dracoo Lite in the Google Play Store. :good: :good: :good: :good: :good:

Greetings from Austria :cowboy:
Mike / XSheetGames

Zer0w

Feb 27, 2011
Looks really nice, reminds me of Rayman Origins with Rayman being on one of those mosquito's.

I'll be getting this on Play Store.

danilolr

Oct 4, 2011
Runs smoothly on my Galaxy S2 (CM 10.1).
Nice ExtJS level editor too.

Can you give to us developers a overview of the geral game architecture ?
Do you use a SurfaceView in the game ? How you do it so smoothly ?

Runs smoothly on my Galaxy S2 (CM 10.1).
Nice ExtJS level editor too.

Can you give to us developers a overview of the geral game architecture ?
Do you use a SurfaceView in the game ? How you do it so smoothly ?

Thank you. I use the LibGdx framework for creating the game. They supply everything you need, from box2d physics simulations to application lifecycle handling. But, compared to cocos2d, it is more technical and you have to do more things by yourself. When it comes to performance and asset management, I bet I have done some things wrong (this was my first android app and my first game). But with every update, it becomes better :D. I wrote a small "history of prototypes" on our homepage a little while ago, where you can see the milestones we achieved with each version. But I stopped updating some versions ago, so the latest version of the game is not there. To run the game in your browser, you need the webGl plugin.

We plan to make some development and design-tutorials in the future (2-3 moth from now). Frankly, since we have dayjobs too, it is a matter of time. :D But I hope we find the time to walk you throw the tricky parts of game development. If you like to keep track, simply like our facebook page or check this forum post in the libGdx forum.

Why is it so smooth? Hm. Maybe because I went down an endless road, trying to tweak the performance. :D I came up with some pretty memory-saving ideas how to build the parallax. More on that topic will be covered in a seperate tutorial.

When you think now: Hey, why is it not smooth on my device? That is probably because of the HD graphics we used. Not every phone can handle this big graphics and animations without problems. Especially phones with 320x480 screens. But we are working on that.

Surface view: My understanding ist that LibGdx uses a GlSurfaceView under the hood, but usually you do not get in touch with that.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi. After playing video games for almost 20 years now, we (a frind of mine and me) finally decided to create one by ourselves. We released the first version on google play store these days...

I hope everybody has a great time and a lot of fun with this game. For questions to technical details and other stuff i am available, of course, in this thread, or you can drop me a mail

Fly the dragon named Dracoo through the lovely 2d scenery in this casual game. Roast as many enemies as possible with your fiery breath. But watch out, they will try to harm you.

phoca_thumb_l_screenshot01.png

phoca_thumb_l_screenshot_2013-03-01-11-48-01.png

phoca_thumb_l_screenshot_2013-03-01-11-54-09.png

phoca_thumb_l_screenshot_2013-03-01-11-59-15.png

phoca_thumb_l_screenshot_2013-03-01-11-51-03.png

Steer Dracoo past all obstacles, stay clear of bats and other shady creatures and eat as many chilis as possible for your breath.

I've done a little level-editor too, to take away the pain of creating levels. If you like, you can try to create some nice levels and then send them to me Maybe, if you have some funny ideas, it will make its way to the full version of the game: http://dracoo-leveleditor.xsheetgames.com

Google Play Store Link

AndroidPit Link

QR-Code.png

I would love to get some feedback! Please tell me what you think.
    We will release the full version with 45 Levels and 3 Levelpacks on March 31th.

Greetings Mike
    xSheetGames

Maybe have a selection of 'easy', 'normal', and 'hard' levels? :cowboy: