samsung galaxy note 3 question re life span

Search This thread

chili1496

Jul 7, 2010
by life span i mean battery life.

when i am off work i leave my phone on the side and basically do nothing with it maybe make 1 call or send a txt the phone over a 9 hour period uses 12% battery i have monitored this over 6 days.
however when i go to work and sling my phone in my bag and leave it there all day it uses over 70% battery so i am curious why and how and if there is a way to reach a happy medium.
my phone is not rooted.
i find i am constantly turning off "watchon" and other naff samsung apps which i do not use.if i look in the settings/battery options "android os" is the biggest battery drain.

my phone is uk on o2 network baseband is N9005XXUDMJ7

is there a save way to root the note 3 and is there a list of stock apps that i can safely uninstall.

sorry for lame questions have not messed with android phones for a few years now.

cheers

pete4k

Jan 2, 2014
If you have very weak, marginal signal, phone will constantly search and try to reconnect and that will kill the battery rather fast. If I had to speculate, somehow putting your phone inside the bag cuts the signal down and makes the phone work overtime trying to stay connected, either by location of the bag or the lining? But loosing 12 % over 8hrs is not stellar either, just for comparison my phone is on for 10hrs since last charge , I made 5 short phone calls, checked the weather and news on the web quickly and I'm at 95%, but I do have full bars in my office.

chili1496

Jul 7, 2010
many thanks for taking the time to reply, my phone is stored in my work bag which is kept in the cab of a bus (i am a bus driver) i would tend to agree that the signal bars are very weak when i do take it out of my bag, maybe i sould it try it in my shirt pocket for a day and see what happens.

stanley08

Jun 23, 2012
Lagos, Nigeria.
titaniumideas.blogspot.com
Even tho 70% drain is too high compared to 12%. I will still point out what earlier poster did. Signal is very important for battery life. If you have good signal, your battery life will be relatively better. Though you said that you are not rooted, you should go to my Battery Saving tips thread and look around for a few pointers to help with your battery troubles.

Here is the thread - http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2579075 Cheers! :)

Last edited:

chili1496

Jul 7, 2010
Even tho 70% drain is too high compared to 12%. I will still point out what earlier poster did. Signal is very important for battery life. If you have good signal, your battery life will be relatively better. Though you said that you are not rooted, you should go to my Battery Saving tips thread and look around for a few pointers to help with your battery troubles.

Here is the thread - http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2579075 Cheers! :)

thanks for the reply i was just reading that post and found some good tips my biggets battery user tends to be "android os" i can use 2% battery in about 5 minutes of general use and it is begining to piss me off :crying:

i am so tempted to root the thing but i have no idea if i can root it?

stanley08

Jun 23, 2012
Lagos, Nigeria.
thanks for the reply i was just reading that post and found some good tips my biggets battery user tends to be "android os" i can use 2% battery in about 5 minutes of general use and it is begining to piss me off :crying:

i am so tempted to root the thing but i have no idea if i can root it?

Rooting is SUPER easy. If you decide to, i explained steps to root here. :) For both Snapdragon and Exynos! :D

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=49604059&postcount=3

chili1496

Jul 7, 2010
Rooting is SUPER easy. If you decide to, i explained steps to root here. :) For both Snapdragon and Exynos! :D

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=49604059&postcount=3

once again thanks for the reply, i followed alot of your battery saving tips and performance has improved greatly. i also think i was a victim of the android os bug i done the most basic of things and put the phone in airplane mode turned it off removed battery for about 5 minutes and then put battery back and turned on. android os is now way down the list of app draining processes ( it was at 68%) its now at like 6% so at the minute i am happy, mind you i am off work and my phone is not stuck in a bag lol
next to read your rooting guide.

stanley08

Jun 23, 2012
Lagos, Nigeria.
once again thanks for the reply, i followed alot of your battery saving tips and performance has improved greatly. i also think i was a victim of the android os bug i done the most basic of things and put the phone in airplane mode turned it off removed battery for about 5 minutes and then put battery back and turned on. android os is now way down the list of app draining processes ( it was at 68%) its now at like 6% so at the minute i am happy, mind you i am off work and my phone is not stuck in a bag lol
next to read your rooting guide.

WOW! 68%! It's mean AndroidOS owned your device and not you! Haha!