[BUG] Google Keyboard

Search This thread

red.burner

May 26, 2012
Hello,

I am having the following issue when trying to install the newly released Google Keyboard update from Play:
Package file was not signed correctly.

I cant uninstall the CM11's ASOP keyboard -- tried deleting it with Titanium and even when its gone i get the same error.

I am running latest nightly release on the CM11 for my Gnex.

Please help!
Cheers

nullfeed

Feb 6, 2014
Hello,

I am having the following issue when trying to install the newly released Google Keyboard update from Play:
Package file was not signed correctly.

I cant uninstall the CM11's ASOP keyboard -- tried deleting it with Titanium and even when its gone i get the same error.

I am running latest nightly release on the CM11 for my Gnex.

Please help!
Cheers

I'm curious, why install google keyboard? Isn't it similar enough, feature wise, to the AOSP keyboard? In fact, aren't they the same? I think the google keyboard is for those stock devices that only have the manufacturers custom keyboard installed. You already have it installed on CM11, maybe that's why you're getting an error.

I'm curious, why install google keyboard? Isn't it similar enough, feature wise, to the AOSP keyboard? In fact, aren't they the same? I think the google keyboard is for those stock devices that only have the manufacturers custom keyboard installed. You already have it installed on CM11, maybe that's why you're getting an error.

I don't think aosp and google kb are exactly the same.
plus, if it's showing as an update thru play and the error is coming, then not getting the newest fixes&features.

I would check to see that you don't have some version of it being installed by gapps being used or something. one that is themed maybe or customized will usually contain a different signature than the official one.
also, after you delete it and/or uninstall, reboot device before trying to install thru play.

red.burner

May 26, 2012
I don't think aosp and google kb are exactly the same.
plus, if it's showing as an update thru play and the error is coming, then not getting the newest fixes&features.

I would check to see that you don't have some version of it being installed by gapps being used or something. one that is themed maybe or customized will usually contain a different signature than the official one.
also, after you delete it and/or uninstall, reboot device before trying to install thru play.

Hey guys, id like to install the Google Keyboard because it has new features that i really like. It doesn not show as an update to the CM11 AOSP keyboard, it is a separete app.
Also restarting after uninstalling/moving the CM11 keyboard's .apk did not help :(

Any other suggestions on how to get the google apk installed?

Thanks