[Q] Home Screen Offset - Solved

Search This thread

Reaved

Mar 18, 2012
Before the thumb
This evening when I unlocked (as in, from the lock screen) my Verizon HTC One M8 it appeared that the Sense home screen was stuck between two panels. Icons and widgets were half way off the left side of the screen. I tried to move them over but it kept putting them back to the left. I swiped through my panels and all of them are like that. I tried to remove widgets/icons/panels but nothing has helped. I've also shutdown and rebooted to no avail. It seems like the panels have gone from being tall rectangles to squares. It's making my home screen impossible to use. Has anyone else ever had this problem?

Version: 1.12.605.11, s-off, rooted, TWRP, stock (only a few frozen bloatware). All of the modifications were made shortly after s-off was released, no changes made since then.

I have some screenshots that I'll post shortly.

Thanks.

Last edited:

an0ther

Sep 21, 2013
You could restore to the backup you made before doing any changes? Sounds like you froze the wrong thing. You could try unfreezing. If you have no backup you can download one or flash a Rom. All the high end roms work on all m8 variants.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: Reaved

zacwilliam

Apr 26, 2014
Have you tried deleting them and replacing them?

EDIT: nevermind missed that in the OP. Try deleting the homescreen they're supposed to be placed on?

Last edited:
Reactions: Reaved

Reaved

Mar 18, 2012
Before the thumb
Solution Found

Thanks for the replies.

After trying a bunch of things, changing the font size seems to have reset everything to normal. A very odd bug, almost as if Sense was stuck in landscape mode while the display was portrait.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    You could restore to the backup you made before doing any changes? Sounds like you froze the wrong thing. You could try unfreezing. If you have no backup you can download one or flash a Rom. All the high end roms work on all m8 variants.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
    Have you tried deleting them and replacing them?

EDIT: nevermind missed that in the OP. Try deleting the homescreen they're supposed to be placed on?