General Thread

Search This thread

delsus

Oct 23, 2011
Huawei MediaPad T5
Google Pixel 5
Another introduction :)

My Name is Michael, I used to live in a small Village called Hinderwell, 9 miles away from Whitby, after then I went to University in Sunderland, and I am currently living in Easingwold looking for a job based around my degree in computer networking.

I believe a certain company sucks, I always have, they overprice everything, is the product that must not be named really worth over £100 plus a contract, definitely not people pay the money for a picture of a half eaten fruit and nothing else.

My first phone was a Siemens A50, then I moved onto a Siemens A55, they were brilliant little phones only problem is I didn't have snake :(

slaphead20

Feb 13, 2011
Out there somewhere
If meat is murder, then I'm happily a murderer. Meat is awesome :D

Agreed.. ..BLT stands for Bacon, Lettuce& Tomato(sandwich) ;):p

---------- Post added at 03:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:12 PM ----------

Another introduction :)

My Name is Michael, I used to live in a small Village called Hinderwell, 9 miles away from Whitby, after then I went to University in Sunderland, and I am currently living in Easingwold looking for a job based around my degree in computer networking.

I believe a certain company sucks, I always have, they overprice everything, is the product that must not be named really worth over £100 plus a contract, definitely not people pay the money for a picture of a half eaten fruit and nothing else.

My first phone was a Siemens A50, then I moved onto a Siemens A55, they were brilliant little phones only problem is I didn't have snake :(

good luck with the job hunting :thumbup::thumbup:

btemtd

Aug 8, 2012
I remember the days i used to work at Fone2Go and the in thing back then is changing the lights of the lcd screens on the Nokia 8210 and 8250. It was crazy when I think about it we used to solder them tiny leds onto the boards replacing the original, I remember this little circuit board attachment with all different lights we had also used which changed the screen colour each time you wake it up i think it was like 5 colours all up. LOOL People were fascinated when they saw my phone .

Last edited:

nodstuff

Apr 2, 2010
Cork
I remember the days i used to work at Fone2Go and the in thing back then is changing the lights of the lcd screens on the Nokia 8210 and 8250. It was crazy when I think about it we used to solder them tiny leds onto the boards replacing the original, I remember this little circuit board attachment with all different lights we had also used which changed the screen colour each time you wake it up i think it was like 5 colours all up. LOOL People were fascinated when they saw my phone .

Haha, ya I remember that! :D
And Ericsson's idea of customisation was letting you change the colour of the plastic insert around the keypad!
and the screen was like 1cm high and 4cm across! :D

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda premium

CuBz90

Sep 27, 2010
And Ericsson's idea of customisation was letting you change the colour of the plastic insert around the keypad!

I remember having one of those old Nokia's that allowed you to put a photo in the back cover :D

EDIT: Nokia 3200 :D

Last edited:

btemtd

Aug 8, 2012

Lol how things have changed
Imagine we took this phone back to the past . My god. I remember when the 7210 came out which was like first colour phone around here ppl were freaking out

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda app-developers app

DeadSOL

May 8, 2011
I can remember when screen resolutions of the latest phones were 128x160 pixels with 65k colours and we were all like :eek: !!!!!

Ah, my times with the iMate Jam (Windows Phone 2003 SE) and its humongous SD card slot!!!!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey, Galaxy S3 users!

I thought I'd make a sort of general thread so that we can all talk here, introduce each other, bash a certain company, and have a general discussion. It'd be a good way to help the newbies out, too. The clutter of extra threads in the General section is really annoying so let's keep the extra talk here!

Remember to be civil; we're all part of the same community! :highfive:
    Happy birthday to me :D
    Rubbish, my hedgehog is fine - I would never feed it bread and milk

By the way, is s tangent a new piece of bloat from Samsung? A random conversation derailer, for example?

Tangent.....a line struck at 90° to a line drawn from the centre of a circle to its circumference, so that it just touches the circumference........wtf has that got to do with hedgehogs? :confused::D

On another slightly more sober note....and with reference to a comment made earlier............when I was diagnosed with cancer, which also coincided with my partner of 20 years asking me to leave, I went off a cliff, metaphorically, down into a deep, dark hole........a couple of weeks later, I woke up one morning and couldn't face another day.......and stupidly took an overdose, something I'm not proud of, and something I never thought I would arrive at (none of us do, do we?) .......it wasn't an attempt to end it all,I just couldn't face another day of pain and just wanted to turn it all off, luckily I was saved.

The point is, you just never know when it can all go seriously wrong, or what your reaction to extreme stress/grief will be.

I'm not sharing this to make anyone feel awkward about what they have said, I'm sharing it so the wisdom of circumstance can be acknowledged.......you really just don't realise how quickly it can all go wrong, or that it even might happen to you.......so live your lives in gratitude if you have avoided such calamity thus far, and live with ever present sympathy for those who have fallen.....you just never know. :)
    Any chicks here?? Come on..dont be shy:p:D

Oh hello boys, the present Mrs Gustopher here, just popping in to say 'Hi' and prove that there are some 'chicks' (what a terribly sexist term, young man) on here now and again, when we are given permission by our better halves. With that in mind, you had all better watch your potty mouths - all this talk about ROM Sluts and I don't know what.

Anyway, about me; I'm gorgeous...of course...you don't land a catch like Mr Gustopher without being top drawer tottie. I look like that Rachel Riley off of Countdown only even fitter. My hobbies are cooking and making love. I have not one but two Michelin stars for one of those and my cooking is pretty good too.

I'm the luckiest hottie in all the world to have landed my beau - Gerard Butler lookalike? Gerard Butler says he is a Mr Gustopher lookalike or he did last time he was at one of the regular showbiz parties we have on our luxury yacht moored in the smaller loch in the grounds of Gustopher Towers. I really did win the lottery of life when he picked me, especially with the queue for the auditions being so long - he does have exceptional stamina though.

Anyway, best get on, it's time for Mr Gustopher's oiling and rub down and the door bell has just gone. If it's that Megan Fox again asking for a date with my husband I don't know what I will do, I really don't. Threesome perhaps?

By-eeeeeee and hugs

The Present Mrs Gustopher
    Happy Slappy has a new home from 1 Feb :)
    Big weight off my shoulders, one I'm settled in I better get flash happy and catch up! :D