Please help!!!

Search This thread

alphadavid99

Aug 1, 2011
HI guys i flashed a galaxy note 2 recovery onto the Samsung galaxy s3 now and i used ODIN to flash back philz, cwm, and stock however i cant boot into recovery. i also flashed the original stock ROM back onto my phone however it did not reboot into recovery to wipe data. it stayed on the Samsung galaxy 1900 logo then rebooted itself into the system.
another problem is that after flashing stock back onto my phone the touchscreen isn't working. it isn't my digitizer as the capactive buttons are still working. i really don't know what is going on i searched on Google, xda and other forums but couldn't find anyone with the same problem.

hierarchy666

Jan 24, 2011
Singapore
HI guys i flashed a galaxy note 2 recovery onto the Samsung galaxy s3 now and i used ODIN to flash back philz, cwm, and stock however i cant boot into recovery. i also flashed the original stock ROM back onto my phone however it did not reboot into recovery to wipe data. it stayed on the Samsung galaxy 1900 logo then rebooted itself into the system.
another problem is that after flashing stock back onto my phone the touchscreen isn't working. it isn't my digitizer as the capactive buttons are still working. i really don't know what is going on i searched on Google, xda and other forums but couldn't find anyone with the same problem.

Send it for repair. All hope is lost.

alphadavid99

Aug 1, 2011
Its like u have a amd processor and u install intel drivers for it.

it's not possible to access the processor and your phone is full bricked.

did you try to use galaxy note 2 odin and write the i9300 bootloader with it? your phone is dead, it only can get better ;).

Send it for repair. All hope is lost.

hi just to clarify my phone is not bricked. do you guys thinks is should pay to replace the LCD screen and digitizer as i read elsewhere that if you flash a galaxy note 2 file onto galaxy s3 the the screen is basically destroyed. however even if i get a new screen how will i boot into recovery i shosuld be able to do it now but i cant because i flashed the wrong recovery onto it.

there may be some hope left.

boomboomer

Jun 30, 2010
Try the rescue firmware, from general forum, which will reset the partition structure; but you may have damaged the emmc chip when you flashed the wrong recovery.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Reactions: alphadavid99

alphadavid99

Aug 1, 2011
From multiple identical posts you have burnt out the digitizer .

hi thanks but what i mean is should i pay money to replace the screen and digitizer because even if the screen is not working i should still be able to boot into recovery.
i have flashed stock, cwm, twrp and philz however i still can into boot into it. i am thinking of paying to install a new screen but there will be no point in me doing that if recovery will not work. just want to know if installing a wrong recovery will completely ruin the recovey partition.

alphadavid99

Aug 1, 2011

Try the rescue firmware, from general forum, which will reset the partition structure; but you may have damaged the emmc chip when you flashed the wrong recovery.

hi i finally have gotten through to recovery and i am going to try the rescue firmware now thank you very much i am making progress!

and jjegan so what you are saying is i don't really need a new screen then i just need a new digitizer that would be so much cheaper and easier for me!!!:laugh::victory:

ndmuni

Sep 16, 2011
hi i finally have gotten through to recovery and i am going to try the rescue firmware now thank you very much i am making progress!

and jjegan so what you are saying is i don't really need a new screen then i just need a new digitizer that would be so much cheaper and easier for me!!!:laugh::victory:

Its not possible to replace the digitizer, as it is glued on to the lcd, don't mistake it for replacing the glass screen.
You will need to replace the complete assembly. Cheers

Reactions: alphadavid99

alphadavid99

Aug 1, 2011
alright thank you all for actually replying i have sorted out the recovery problem now i am going to buy a new screen. thank you all.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Its not possible to replace the digitizer, as it is glued on to the lcd, don't mistake it for replacing the glass screen.
    You will need to replace the complete assembly. Cheers