Xperia T never sleeps always awake while screen off

Search This thread

XDA00000

May 17, 2013
London
Sony Xperia 1 III
Hello All

My Sony Xperia T on 4.1.2 JB UK, always shows Android system as most battery drain and the phone never sleeps when screen is off

I have disabled lots of bloatware apps.

Location off, WiFi off, 3 g off..everything is off..

I use greenify to hibernate app but still phone never sleeps?

Any idea?

Thanks
See screenshots

Attachments

• screenshotxda.zip
    1 MB · Views: 24

Mad Marty

Jan 20, 2011
Use BetterBatteryStats (there's an APK available here on XDA) to find out what's keeping your phone awake

Sent from my LT30p using xda app-developers app

Reactions: XDA00000

Mad Marty

Jan 20, 2011
Hello if you looked at screenshots, its from betterbatterystats...

I'm sorry, I couldn't see the screenshots before. You'll need a better BBS log, it would be much more reliable if you would post a log from overnight. Those one hour logs can't always give a clear enough picture. Make sure you don't use your phone, so we have a completely idle log.

Check the BBS thread for AlarmManager, that should already give you quote some pointers to work with.

XDA00000

May 17, 2013
London
Sony Xperia 1 III
The whole point of doing a thread here is so i don't have to send phone to sony to repair
Even i know i could have the phone repaired! Don't wanna spend money on repair
Phone works fine just the battery issue as mentioned above
Don't want 4.3 due to all the bugs mentioned here

Sent from my GT-I9000 using xda premium

Last edited:

XDA00000

May 17, 2013
London
Sony Xperia 1 III
I did do a better battery stat but just not posted here since i deleted the log
Main issue is the android system battery drain at top of battery history chart

Mad Marty

Jan 20, 2011

Well, without a better log, we can't help you. 'Android System' contains just too much functions. It shouldn't be a problem to just get an idle log off 4hrs or more, to help solve your problem, right?

peter-k

Jul 31, 2013
Singapore
In the above quoted thread someone said the majority of the alarm manager wakelooks being Google Talk and Facebook. I concur and think these are among the first things to kick from the phone. Do you also have NFC on? Widgets on your screen?

Actually it sounds as if you did already a lot. I am not sure if I would further bother with this ROM,whatever it is.

XDA00000

May 17, 2013
London
Sony Xperia 1 III
In the above quoted thread someone said the majority of the alarm manager wakelooks being Google Talk and Facebook. I concur and think these are among the first things to kick from the phone. Do you also have NFC on? Widgets on your screen?

Actually it sounds as if you did already a lot. I am not sure if I would further bother with this ROM,whatever it is.

I'm on Stock 4.1.2 JB.

Disabled Google talk and Facebook, NFC off!

Only widget is the stock Sony weather one, which is set to refresh every 12 hours.

peter-k

Jul 31, 2013
Singapore
I'm on Stock 4.1.2 JB.

Disabled Google talk and Facebook, NFC off!

Only widget is the stock Sony weather one, which is set to refresh every 12 hours.

Some disabled apps still "work" in the background. NFC for example. Or GTalk.

Investigation of these sort of wake-locks can be tedious. Unless you see it as an interesting task Did you consider simply re flashing it?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Repair the phone via pcc. BTW: why are you still using 4.1? Update your phone to 4.3 and report back
    Use BetterBatteryStats (there's an APK available here on XDA) to find out what's keeping your phone awake

Give the phone to sony and let them repair your power button. Then flash a stock 4.3 ftf and report back
    Hello if you looked at screenshots, its from betterbatterystats...

I'm sorry, I couldn't see the screenshots before. You'll need a better BBS log, it would be much more reliable if you would post a log from overnight. Those one hour logs can't always give a clear enough picture. Make sure you don't use your phone, so we have a completely idle log.

Check the BBS thread for AlarmManager, that should already give you quote some pointers to work with.

Well, without a better log, we can't help you. 'Android System' contains just too much functions. It shouldn't be a problem to just get an idle log off 4hrs or more, to help solve your problem, right?